PDA

View Full Version : Double firing and those trigger screws...

Bilbo
04-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Okay, newby here again. Went out last weekend and tried out my Pilot for the first time. Bought it used, but seller said he only used it about 5 times.

I had a lot of double firing going on. One squeeze, two cycles, two balls. Wouldn't have been a problem, but I don't have an agitated hopper yet, so with a gravity hopper I had a lot of ball chops on that second shot.
I noticed the trigger adjustment screw (the one that goes up into the frame) was set so the trigger was VERY close to the switch. Didn't have an allen wrench with me to adjust it, so I just played on. When I got home, I moved the trigger out more.

I read several posts here about double firing. I am guessing the double firing I had was due to trigger bounce. I am hoping / thinking moving the trigger out will remedy it. But I have 2 questions:

1) I read about shimming the solenoid to cut down on double fires. Is that something I should have tried first? The solenoid is such that the pin is actually touching the trigger sear right now (no gap).
2) What is the other trigger screw, the one that goes through the trigger itself, for? Is it something I should think about adjusting to avoid double fires? I guess I'm having a hard time figuring out what it does, other than adjust how long the trigger pull is. My thought is that making the pull longer (backing the screw way out) will cut back on trigger bounce, but I'm not sure.

Thanks

vwjimmy
04-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Do not shim the noid till you have your bounce fixed. The second screw adjusts the 'pull depth'...meaning how far back you have to pull the trigger to activate the microswitch...the screw up in the frame adjusts how far forward the trigger travels when it is released....
Adjusting both can help. I would make sure the trigger has at least some travel when released and then try it, if that doesn't get it then back out the lower screw away from the microswitch a little and check again.

fwgericke
04-18-2007, 07:56 AM
I had the same problem and couldn't figure it out for quite a while. Wasted plenty of time cleaning my marker only to put it back together, try again, CHOP!! and here we go again.!!

Check that the screw in your actual trigger, the one that allows you to set how far the trigger goes when you pull it is not too far out, this will cause the trigger switch only just to activate and actually increase your bounce. This caused me much Pain:nutkick:

Good Luck :cool: