PDA

View Full Version : where can i find one of these for the mr1

SpyderFan
04-16-2007, 06:02 PM
http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/product_detail.asp?SKU=201+0010&CAT=107202302406
i need one of ^ for the mr1.

i live in west texas so i need to find a way to keep dirt out of the slot in the top of the gun.

i was also thinking: is there a way i can use a rear cocking bolt and just put some of kind cover over the top?

Ace24
04-16-2007, 08:38 PM
You could modify the body to be side cocking, then modify that part to work on it. That would take alot of time and effort though. Easiest way would be to just buy a MR2 or MR3 wich already have one stock... only horizontally instead of vertically.

Otherwise, I dont think such a part exists. Either way, if you made a bolt come out the back, or a side cocking mod, dirt would get in the already designed top slot for the cocking rod.

A solution I was just thinking of is something similar to what cars have around the shifter. A rubber like substance, that would fit over the grove and move with the speed of the bolt with pleanty of play and wouldnt fall off / get ripped with the tremendous speed the bolt/cocking pin travels at.

SpyderFan
04-17-2007, 07:35 PM
It'd be easy enought to put something over that slot, even duct tape, if i can get a rear cocking bolt.

Ace24
04-18-2007, 08:11 PM
The thing is... rear cocking will still alow dirt and dust in. Either way, its not 100% closed off.

Jack The Knife
04-18-2007, 11:17 PM
This problem is not that difficult to overcome.
What I did was to turn a new shorter cocking pin from a regular 7mm steel bolt. You do not even need a lathe to make something this small. I used a regular drill as a lathe, and a file and a hacksaw to shape it.

The original cocking pin is just a bit thicker than 6mm, so you have to use a 7mm bolt and grind it down to the desirable size. It must be exact to fit properly. Use a slide caliper to measure often.

You could then easily make a detachable slide cover using the rails to fasten it over the slot.

This solves some other issues with the cocking pin as well.

Just make sure you use a high grade steel bolt so it won't break.

I'm not sure if these are international standards, but I used a bolt graded 8.8.
It is supposedly one of the strongest of the commercial available types of steel bolts. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

(I used regular Gun Blue to colour it so it would not reflect light in the sun. The colour did not turn out exactly as i hoped.
The gritty result might be due to the bottle of gun blue being purchased in 1982. Receipts don't lie)

Regards

The Knife

graphics360
04-19-2007, 03:59 PM
yea, i was thinking of doing somehting similar to this^ only i was going to just buy another pin from kingman and cut enough of the top off so that i could cover it up... and then you can either put in your stock or just cut down a piece of wood to fit in the hole used for the stock ... :up:

SpyderFan
04-19-2007, 06:02 PM
thanks guys.

newballer
05-03-2007, 07:31 AM
You could use a strip of neoprene rubber cut a long slot for the cocking nob to stick through and then glue it to the gun.