PDA

View Full Version : E-frame trouble

Lyingcomic
04-16-2007, 05:59 PM
I am having another problem with the E-frame that goes with the spyder Imagine. i have to pull the trigger several times just to allow the gun to shoot. the coil set that is pushing the sear is hitting hard enough. there are 2 reasons i know its not low on battery: 1) low battery light is not on, 2) recently charged new battery. any advise to fix this problem would be appreciated.

And btw, does anyone know if you can buy a replacement sear spring in a hardware store, or anything similar?

vwjimmy
04-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Well, you try shimming the noid (Nickle Mod)? If not, you could try putting something in there to shorten the throw of the 'noid....
The most likely cause is a bad or disconnected capasitor (Black cylinder at the top of the board). It stores energy and releases it to the noid, increasing the amperage to help overcome the sear pressure....
Is the cap bulging? Are the wires connected well?
I don't think you will find a sear spring locally...

Lyingcomic
04-16-2007, 06:37 PM
thanks for the quick reply vwjimmy. but most of your talk is complete jargon to me:confused:

vwjimmy
04-16-2007, 07:19 PM
OK...When you are looking at the circuit board inside the grip (the green thing everything plugs into) there is a black cylinder at the top....
make sure it is attached to the board with BOTH wires, and that the flat ends are not bulging out...they should be FLAT......

Lyingcomic
04-16-2007, 09:28 PM
hah, thanks vwjimmy. now that i look closer one of the wire is completely cutoff. i have no clue how that happened. you just made my day, thank you (or night).:rolleyes: is there any way i can fix this? can i just solder it back together?

Nenkitsune
04-16-2007, 10:03 PM
yeah, you can solder the cap back on if it simply broke off the board. if it came out of the cap, your sol and you should probably get a new one. be careful not to get the solder anywhere but where you need it though, otherwise you could short and fry the board.