PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running a HammerHead?

ELMoxim
04-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Looking for some info from someone who is running one of the HammerHead barrels on an MR-2...

Thanks
E

Xtreme
04-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Well, I run a hammerhead on my ION and I must say it is awesome, the accuracy is amazing and I can shoot just as far as a flat line, I am thinking about getting a fin to fit my mr if I keep it, but IMO I would get one in a heartbeat.

ELMoxim
04-16-2007, 12:33 PM
I would say that is "some info", thanks!!! What do you think of the sound volume if you have run other barrels on that marker?

Voodoo27909
04-16-2007, 10:09 PM
I have run Hammerhead for a few years on my Ion as well....and bought the one made specifically for the MR2 the second it hit the market. Very good system equally on both markers. Accurate, somewhat quiet, and does well with not so great paint. Im not sold on the rifleing inside the barrel, and due to that it does use alittle more air than normal to operate (it does however help clean out a barrel break on its own...), but it is still a great barrel system. Alittle on the pricey side, but it has always performed well for me in all conditions equally. I have not noticed any increased range with the barrel over other standard brands however. I wouldnt trade it for anything. VERY happy with it, and I would rate it at the top of the list of barrel systems (Iv used them all).

Hope I helped some with your question

ELMoxim
04-17-2007, 04:41 AM
Thanks both of you...looks like I know what I'm spending my paper route money on!!!!!

Well, actualy I'm a 37 year old father of 3, but sometimes I think I need a paper route just to pay for this hobby...do they still have paper routes!?

Thanks again,
E