PDA

View Full Version : Kingman has some new guns

mr1gunner
04-14-2007, 07:12 PM
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=It6-B-e7OzG-eaGatfl-r-0dnXHHDj7xapY=?ProductID=GeLAqArboQIAAAERWN2odOxA

(http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=It6-B-e7OzG-eaGatfl-r-0dnXHHDj7xapY=?ProductID=GeLAqArboQIAAAERWN2odOxA) http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=It6-B-e7OzG-eaGatfl-r-0dnXHHDj7xapY=?ProductID=i8_AqArb9YgAAAERPd2odOxA
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=It6-B-e7OzG-eaGatfl-r-0dnXHHDj7xapY=?ProductID=agnAqArbRskAAAERZd2odOxA
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=It6-B-e7OzG-eaGatfl-r-0dnXHHDj7xapY=?ProductID=yZLAqArbOKkAAAERc92odOxA
This is the new xtra:
ht
tp://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=bSy3Fpr8Nc-2C9zL4Q93vpA1ZV3TTBtNbvk=?ProductID=Ng3AqArbWqAAAA ESz0qodC%2eJ (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=bSy3Fpr8Nc-2C9zL4Q93vpA1ZV3TTBtNbvk=?ProductID=Ng3AqArbWqAAAA ESz0qodC%2eJ)
This is the vs1 i have heard about.
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=tockgj8bhNwlinlZ0EfkKjXPPpOMSj_FWZU=?Pro ductID=KnDAqArbw1MAAAESvkK%2eVk5X#
It also comes in olive. Just go around in actionvillage to find it. Out of my personal opinion kingman is not advancing in their technology of their guns. Like the new MR accesories they're just taking parts from their other guns and combinizes them. I own a vs2 and a mr1 and i have to say iam very dissapointed in kingman's new products. Instead of upgrading they're downgrading. I wonder whats the emr1 going to be. :(
Oh ya a question how come my link and text has a long cut off line?

Hob Hayward
04-14-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm not a fan of the new milling style.

spitfirocks
04-14-2007, 08:00 PM
wow they made the cheap gay sonics look like vs series....that was a gay move...

kidonfire
04-14-2007, 08:01 PM
I'm gonna quote Vike......yech.

What makes it worth another $20?

Sandman_Bravo
04-14-2007, 08:12 PM
looks like a viewloader

Cakeslob
04-14-2007, 08:13 PM
frig, wheres the vs1

spitfirocks
04-14-2007, 08:19 PM
lol i cant believe there was a vs1 it loosk like the mr1...

Oscum Guy
04-15-2007, 06:15 AM
the vs1 does not look like the mr1. your thinking of the emr1.

i dont like the new milling styles and the sonix is the same as the xtra. id like to see a spimmy with one. thatd be interesting.

Kenny_McCormic
04-15-2007, 06:42 AM
wtf they droppped the rear cocking, gas thru grip, drop forward, and the lpc on the victor added extra parts to lose(cocking pin) and they want $20 extra for it compared to the vic 2. the only thing they did right is the derlin bolt and they didnt even use an acs bolt. its probably got the star thing in it too i can get a derlin bolt with the star thing for $10 shipped.

leed
04-15-2007, 07:34 AM
wtf they droppped the rear cocking, gas thru grip, drop forward, and the lpc on the victor added extra parts to lose(cocking pin) and they want $20 extra for it compared to the vic 2. the only thing they did right is the derlin bolt and they didnt even use an acs bolt. its probably got the star thing in it too i can get a derlin bolt with the star thing for $10 shipped.

They got rid of rear cocking because no one wants it anymore. Before, rear cocking spyders was tight, but as it progressed, more and more people began to make their spyders top cocking to mimic the Intimidator, and also because they no longer had to worry about getting smacked in the face or being forced to use a beavertail. Much the same, the Vizion cocking system that they used on the Victors, Imagines, and Espirits were a hassle, and a lot of people didn't like them becuase it could be hard to get their fingers in the slot.

Needless to say, they look ugly.

DRAGON
04-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Two steps forward, one step back -

spitfirocks
04-15-2007, 09:56 AM
lol...then 2 steps back 1 step forward :)

newkid
04-15-2007, 04:16 PM
no me gusta the new sonix they are ugly

Oscum Guy
04-15-2007, 04:37 PM
delrin.

the old new victor was/is top cocking. i dont like the old style front cap style thing tho.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i18/oscumguy/IMG_1164.jpg

wowowwoowowowo, not cool, they put that gay warning thing that was on the frame ON THE BODY! i hate those guns now.

Maxx-Damage
04-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Those little warning stickers just peel off oscum, calm down.

Oscum Guy
04-15-2007, 05:45 PM
oh ok. lol. good thats an improvement then if it doesnt say it on the frame.

shunut
04-15-2007, 05:58 PM
Only thing I like about them is the blank slate the body gives you for a Spimmy.

STRIKEFIRST
04-15-2007, 06:23 PM
the low ends remind me of the vl guns at walmart

spitfirocks
04-15-2007, 10:15 PM
lol yea true :yeahthat:

Theheroguy
04-16-2007, 02:02 AM
Only thing I like about them is the blank slate the body gives you for a Spimmy.
qft

Oscum Guy
04-16-2007, 11:08 AM
we think the same way.

clickclicksplat
04-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Why do they all look the same now? I liked them better when they were sort of unique. Now it looks like they just used the same body for all the guns with different front blocks and colors...

spitfirocks
04-16-2007, 04:15 PM
:yeahthat: nicely said

th3_0n3
04-21-2007, 09:56 PM
they should call it thier fugly line. they dont look good at all. im lucky to have eye sight

graphics360
04-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Why do they all look the same now? I liked them better when they were sort of unique. Now it looks like they just used the same body for all the guns with different front blocks and colors...

agreed

i like the matte finish though, and simpler design...
looks cleaner than the old versions but doesnt look complete for some reason

ricochet08
04-24-2007, 06:03 PM
wow....i see what i've been missing :p
i bet they'd make a beginner happy :)

nbishop66
04-25-2007, 12:43 PM
bbbb-boring design. Another swing and miss by Kingman.

TheRedBarron
04-26-2007, 12:22 PM
You guys need to remember that milling, eyes, cool anno, new designs cost more money to make thus driving the price up, kingman makes a lot of their bodies similar so they do not have to retool to mass produce them, they also keep the prices low by doing this, hence Kingman having the Newbie market by the horns. So when they release a new version of an old marker expect only slight cosmetic changes, this keeps the same trend that they have followed for years, and it has been said many times before, if a kingman gun came out to compete with the high end market (a spimmied VS2 for example) it would flop miserably because of the association of the kingman name with low end look at the primal, that was a solid contender for the BKO but it flopped and the BKO did great, mostly because of the kingman name. Why enter into a new market that A. they have little to no experience with, and B. they would only end up failing due to the name associated with the marker and C. they have this market by the balls... I think just about every beginner out there has either shot a spyder at one point in their paintball career, Kingman is making money by not changing their guns much, why should they change it up?

newkid
04-26-2007, 12:45 PM
O man guys better hurry there's only 5 red sonix's in stock :dodgy:

vikingshadow
04-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Truff to TRB.

Really, it seems no one remembers that before a couple years ago, all the Spyders looked alike until the Rodeo came out. It's just within the last two years that the guns looked different, and even then, they all had the same basic body. And still, they all operate the same, so throw a reg on it, add a new valve, add an electric frame for the mechs, etc etc, and you have your own DIY gun....

Although I don't prefer the new body style, I can't see a three page thread of everyone *****ing about how ugly they are now...Like the barron said, Kingman is holding onto the new player market with their guns. Shoot, look at the MR series....can anyone honestly say they don't look like most every scenario style marker out there from a gazillion scenario gun maker?

Oscum Guy
04-26-2007, 04:35 PM
You guys need to remember that milling, eyes, cool anno, new designs cost more money to make thus driving the price up, kingman makes a lot of their bodies similar so they do not have to retool to mass produce them, they also keep the prices low by doing this, hence Kingman having the Newbie market by the horns. So when they release a new version of an old marker expect only slight cosmetic changes, this keeps the same trend that they have followed for years, and it has been said many times before, if a kingman gun came out to compete with the high end market (a spimmied VS2 for example) it would flop miserably because of the association of the kingman name with low end look at the primal, that was a solid contender for the BKO but it flopped and the BKO did great, mostly because of the kingman name. Why enter into a new market that A. they have little to no experience with, and B. they would only end up failing due to the name associated with the marker and C. they have this market by the balls... I think just about every beginner out there has either shot a spyder at one point in their paintball career, Kingman is making money by not changing their guns much, why should they change it up?
dont mess with success.

_KEVLAR_
04-26-2007, 05:42 PM
1. Where are the sight rails?:mad:
2. Where's the distinction between the guns?:confused:
3. What's my motivation to go out and buy one of these over an older model?:(
4. Why on earth are they so stinkin' ugly?!:headbrick:
5. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???!!!:eek:

tater_salad
04-27-2007, 11:11 AM
All of those questions have already been answered in other posts...

mr1gunner
05-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Go to the beginning of the thread.

applesauce
06-08-2007, 10:15 AM
they all look the same to me...

SupaSnipa
06-08-2007, 11:25 AM
I agree with KEVLAR on this one guys. All the new guns look the same. They look about as useful as a poopy flavored lolypop. No offense

shunut
06-08-2007, 01:04 PM
What was the purpose of bringing back this thread? Please do not bring back old/dead threads. Nobody has posted in it for almost a month. Next time look, make your comment to yourself and move on.

mr1gunner
06-08-2007, 04:11 PM
I don't think you should say that. People have a right to express their opinions old or new thread. Plus you dont want them to make a new thread about the same thing. This way it's convenient.

bigred76
06-08-2007, 04:32 PM
When the thread is 2 months old and a mod says don't bring it back, you don't bring it back. Thems the rules. If you don't like them and wish to argue, bring it up with the mods in PMs, or just don't post. People have the right to leave at any time, you must remember.

SpyderFan
06-08-2007, 05:23 PM
ok, everyone agrees that they're ugly as sin, but honestly, i dont care what it looks like: how well do they perform? are they still good at hitting what you want hit?

besides, i play woodsball and my objective is NOT to be seen, so they wont know what my gun looks like anyway, so who cares???

ugly or not, the VS1 has some decent stuff, for cheap. eyes, electro, volumizer, expansion chamber. pretty good stuff.

durrell
06-08-2007, 07:13 PM
When a mod kindly asks you not to revive an old thread, don't go against his request. Consider this your warning. ;)