PDA

View Full Version : Extreme back blast

ryoko
04-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Hi,

When shooting my pilot acs, I was getting a lot of back blast with the stock delrin bolt. It would popcorn and anything other than semi would break a ball on the bolt. I tried tuning the velocity down, but no effect.

I'm thinking of one of those addon bolts that have the 2 or 3 o-rings on them. Is this the right step for me to take? Also I've seen one company with reasonable prices advertise a 2 or 3 o-ring regular bolt, and the same thing that makes backspin on the ball. Thoughts/experience on the backspin? Is 3 o-rings too much drag or is it the best way to go.

http://www.alamocitypb.com/MANUFACTPAGES/kingman.html

Thanks in advance,
Ryoko

spitfirocks
04-14-2007, 01:33 PM
a new stryker, and a spring kit can never go wrong, good luck!

ryoko
04-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks fo the reply. Is that in addition to the bolt, or instead of a new bolt?

spitfirocks
04-15-2007, 10:18 PM
hmm get a new spring kit for the gun isntead of what you have now, and a new striker would be nice..

ross * pilot
04-16-2007, 07:26 AM
If youre going LP then yes, you would need those things and more. But if you want to stay stock, but get a new bolt, the Alamo city bolt is great. I would get the 3 oring one and use the third oring to replace the one on your striker. the ''x-rings'' as ACP calls them, have a greater seal then your regular orings, so i think that would be your best bet. Although, a spring kit is a really handy thing to have around. I would recommend getting one too in addition. I dont think you should get the low-blow bolt, the one that causes backspin. I suggest the regular 3 oring delrin bolt that they sell.