PDA

View Full Version : Help A Noob Plz

xxcarlosxx
04-13-2007, 06:33 PM
I just got my pilot yesterday and this is my first gun. my friend told me that i should lube up the bolt so it wont scratch the inside of my gun. i read somewere that it doesnt matter if it scratches it inside but i still want to keep my gun as nice and clean as i can because im just that kind of person. the only problem i have is that i dont know how to take out the bolt:confused: so if any of you guys know how (im sure most of you do) plz help a noob out!

vwjimmy
04-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Did you get a Pilot with an ACS bolt? Is it made from white delrin (plastic)?
If so, DO NOT LUBE IT!!! Delrin is self lubricating! If the bolt is aluminum, it is going to scratch some no matter what. You can remove it by pulling the cocking pin straight up and out of the bolt, then sliding the bolt out the back of the body..(if your velosity adjuster has a cover that blocks the bolt from sliding out the back, you will have to take apart some more stuff..just let us know)
EDIT: Welcome to the KUSA/SOC online community :)

xxcarlosxx
04-13-2007, 06:49 PM
i got the pilots acs
i tried pulling out the pin but it was too hard and i was afraid i was pulling at the wrong thing so i just asked here

vwjimmy
04-13-2007, 07:10 PM
np.....
Remember, DO NOT LUBE THAT BOLT!!! It not only is self lubricating, it will swell if you lube it!

xxcarlosxx
04-13-2007, 07:29 PM
ok man thnxs alot for all the help, i just have 2 more questions

since this bolt is made of plastic, do i have to replace it after a while?

and what upgrades should i buy for it if im just gonna have it for fun?

vwjimmy
04-13-2007, 07:47 PM
The bolt will last a very long time......
The first upgrade you should buy is a barrel....there are several out there that don't cost too much, you can look around the B/S/T section and find one I'm sure...
Check out this website, the "Spyder Bible" for lots of information and product reviews:
OtterSC's Spyder Pages (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/spyder.html)

spitfirocks
04-13-2007, 10:17 PM
go to kingman.com and watch the videos, there pretty strait forward

Sandman_Bravo
04-14-2007, 05:40 AM
If you are having a tough time removing the cocking pin from the bolt; get a pair of pliers and while pulling straight up and away from the bolt/body, twist back and forth. It will pop out.

mogar158
04-14-2007, 08:04 AM
some upgrade suggestion buy a barrel first then an airtank you can run it on co2 but air tanks are cleaner and more efficiant then buy a regulator

xxcarlosxx
04-14-2007, 03:43 PM
i was able to remove the cocking pin yesterday and the barrel i was thinking of buying was the j&j ceramic either 14" or 16"(i was thinking 16 would be more accurate but i read in otters page that it wastes more co2/air), what do you guys think?
I think the first thing im gonna buy is an electric hopper i was thinking of the halo tsa backman with LCD, then ill probably buy a barrel and i also want to get a trinity clamping feed neck. i think those are all the upgrades i want to get first then wen i get sum money ill buy a compressed air tank.

Backmanshooter
04-14-2007, 04:22 PM
i was able to remove the cocking pin yesterday and the barrel i was thinking of buying was the j&j ceramic either 14" or 16"(i was thinking 16 would be more accurate but i read in otters page that it wastes more co2/air), what do you guys think?
I think the first thing im gonna buy is an electric hopper i was thinking of the halo tsa backman with LCD, then ill probably buy a barrel and i also want to get a trinity clamping feed neck. i think those are all the upgrades i want to get first then wen i get sum money ill buy a compressed air tank.You are correct about that barrel lengths. The barrels over 16" just use more air to shoot the paintball.

As for a hopper, I'd go with a used eggy2 or a new eggy 3. IMO, they are great hoppers.

The J+J barrels are great, as well as the trinity clamping feednecks. Look into the Ndz feednecks as well.

xxcarlosxx
04-14-2007, 07:04 PM
As for a hopper, I'd go with a used eggy2 or a new eggy 3. IMO, they are great hoppers.

i saw the eggy 2 and its like $70, while the halo is like $50 and it has an lcd screen.
(i dont have much cash and i dont need a super fast hopper cuz im not profesional i just wanna play for fun)