PDA

View Full Version : VS3 re-cocking problems

Aggressive Assault
04-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Im hoping that someone can help me out with this?

I was able to play on 3 speprate occasions then my marker started to malfunction. I took it back to the retailer they sent it back to kingman. It took kingman two weeks to fix my marker. I picked it up from the store last week. I asked them what was wrong with it they said kingman didnt say. I played last friday and it worked flawlessly. However once i came home i cleaned and lubed my marker like Im suppose. I dry fired and it stopped cocking. I called the guy at the store he was like why did you take it apart. I was like dude Im suppose to clean my marker. (how am i suppose to know my marker is going to stop working when i clean it.

I know uping the pressure is not the problem, and my O-rings are perfectly fine. I have no leaks. One thing i did notice is that when i had the marker cocked back i removed the bolt. I dry fired and the striker cocked back. I reinserted the bolt cocked it dry fired and it didnt cock back.

spitfirocks
04-12-2007, 10:49 PM
you probably lubed the striker too much, i know its possible happened 2 me.

hamgumball
04-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Check to see if your on/off is turned all the way on. This fixed my recocking problem.

STRIKEFIRST
04-13-2007, 06:37 AM
Detents. I had a ripped detent on my VS2.

clickclicksplat
04-13-2007, 08:17 AM
Did you lube the bolt? If you did, it's possible the delrin swelled. That would explain why the striker re-cocks, wouldn't it? Might be a swelled o-ring too.

mtnboarder459
04-13-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm having a similar problem. I just installed a drop forward and i took it to the shop for them to install some fittings and a new macro and now my gauge is pointing straight down instead of at numbers. I then installed a new t-board and now when i cock the bolt and fire without eyes, the bolt doesnt release, when i use the stock board and air and dry fire, i cycle the marker about five times rapidly and it buzzes out like there is no air. my tanks full, so is the battery. on the t-board i tried upping the time the solenoid is on and tried shooting both fast and slolw, but nothing is working. I'm thinking the problem is either the solenoid, or my low pressure regulator is messed up (though it doesnt explain y the bolts not closing when the eyes are off w/ no air) Any ideas what the problem could be?

spitfirocks
04-13-2007, 10:07 PM
hmm same happened to me today, well i was shootin slow and my gun was ok, then when i started shootin a lil faster 7 bps, it just uncocked and liek burped, i raised the pressure to 300 and it worked, i took 1500 shots, and i lowered it to 250, then i took another 1000 and lowered it to 225, and now it works like a charm at 17 bps.

Aggressive Assault
04-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the info guys really appreciate it. I did end up fixing mines today. I'm still uncertain what it was.

I tried a little bit of what everyone said. I went over my bolt and striker with a micro fiber towel to remove any extra lube that shouldn't have been there.

I adjusted the FPS adjuster almost all the way in. I set my PSI at 300. That just sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I locked on my hopper. I shot and it recocked then i slowly started lowering the FPS and psi.

I was able to shoot fine after that.

I lost one detent in the process LOL! but i already replaced it.

spitfirocks
04-14-2007, 04:00 PM
im glad our advice helped!! becarful tho, try not to make it more than 300..i started with 300 then went down to 225 enjoy your vs2!!!

mtnboarder459
04-24-2007, 05:55 PM
i tried increasing air pressure to 240 and it shoots fine at around 10 bps but starts "burping" and not wanting to recock at around 12-15 bps. what is the highest that i should put the regulator on. i heard 300 psi, but is that too high? what about the velocity adjuster on the back? where should i set that?

clickclicksplat
04-24-2007, 06:14 PM
i tried increasing air pressure to 240 and it shoots fine at around 10 bps but starts "burping" and not wanting to recock at around 12-15 bps. what is the highest that i should put the regulator on. i heard 300 psi, but is that too high? what about the velocity adjuster on the back? where should i set that?

Set the pressure to whatever it is you want it to be, then mess with the velocity adjuster till you're shooting 280 or so.

kayfabe1204
04-24-2007, 06:58 PM
I had to break in the reg. That solved the issue when I had it.

samus129
04-25-2007, 11:13 AM
turn the fps down as far as you can to make it easer to recock and your fps should be around 170-175

spitfirocks
04-25-2007, 04:05 PM
turn the fps down as far as you can to make it easer to recock and your fps should be around 170-175

to break it in thats ehh, not to good of an idea..just set ur fps, a little lower than what it came with when u first got it, and try shooting it 4,000 times, yes i said it 4000..this is how long it takes to fully*FULLY* BREAK in the reg. Just go to your local field, get all day air, and go to the shooting range and rip on your gun, enjoy

clickclicksplat
04-25-2007, 05:31 PM

I hope you wouldn't plan on playing that way... I'm pretty sure everything would bounce.

samus129
04-25-2007, 06:24 PM
thanks i didn't realize i but 170 instead of 270-275.
i haven't been able to get my gun under 270 without re cocking issues.

clickclicksplat
04-25-2007, 06:59 PM
thanks i didn't realize i but 170 instead of 270-275.
i haven't been able to get my gun under 270 without re cocking issues.
That makes a bit more sense:p