PDA

View Full Version : Psp and NPPL Merging

zus
12-28-2005, 10:47 AM
What is everyones thoughts on the merge it is likely to happen this upcoming season ?

*EM1-Master*
12-28-2005, 12:48 PM
Meh... They keep merging and splitting and merging and splitting... I'm tired of it... Haha PSP rocks NPPL's socks off... 'Nuf said...

vikingshadow
12-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Are they actually going to do it? I heard that was just a nasty rumor and it wasn't really going to happen...

QAZ123
12-28-2005, 01:26 PM
I dunno but I think there need's to be one defined "pro" division. Silly to have more than one! JB.

claustrophobia9
12-28-2005, 02:07 PM
it needs to happen. drop 15bps ramping rule and invest in teh robot.

zus
12-28-2005, 03:46 PM
Its a really good chance its gonna happen if anyone has a copy of januarys paintball 2 xtremes they its all over it

apperently there was a secret meeting at the psp world cup about merging the leauges

TheRedBarron
12-28-2005, 03:54 PM
it needs to happen. drop 15bps ramping rule and invest in teh robot.

Chances are, if it happens they will keep 15 bps ramping.

zus
12-28-2005, 04:01 PM
thats one of the many questions that they are trying to work out

geeZus
12-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Not gonna happen, plain and simple. No chance of it this year, maybe next year we can start these rumors again, but it probably won't happen for a few years.

claustrophobia9
12-29-2005, 10:19 AM
Chances are, if it happens they will keep 15 bps ramping.
there should be a 20bps max rof and no rampzing.

spyderpaintball
12-29-2005, 12:04 PM
I doubt this is going to happen.

DFSniper
12-29-2005, 01:39 PM
Its a really good chance its gonna happen if anyone has a copy of januarys paintball 2 xtremes they its all over it

apperently there was a secret meeting at the psp world cup about merging the leauges

just read it today. if they do merge, they should drop the cap and make it semi-only, and bring back real skillz!

TacTownKilla
12-29-2005, 04:12 PM
is being able to walk a trigger a real skill? seems to me that the 15bps limit jsut leveled the playin field. im all for the 15 limit

vikingshadow
12-29-2005, 04:22 PM
Walking, to me, isn't skill. It's a stunt that you've trained your fingers to do. Shooting fast and accurately hitting something WHILE running is a skill.....Accuracy with 1 shot is a skill. Being able to read a field so well as to know 7 moves ahead of what's happening is a skill. But, normal walking the trigger that you see in videos, just spraying paint, isn't a skill in my eyes. So you can shoot fast with your fingers....Whooo Hoooo!

Another controversial idea is that semi really isn't semi anymore. People do so much tweaking to their triggers that it really isn't a "true" semi - 1 shot per pull - semi. Most of the times, after tweaking the trigger so much, the person may think they're pulling 1 shot at a time, but the gun is actually adding shots. It's a physical fact that the human fingers can only move so fast. Anything over 16 or so bps is electronically aided. You want true semi? Use a pump at pump fields and play pump games and pump tournaments. That's the only way you'll get true semi these days.

I have a whole article about it in one of my mags....I'll see if I can find it and get it posted. Made me do a lot of "Wow, I didn't realize that!"

I know this is going to cause a stir with a couple of people here, but I see nothing wrong with a 15 bps cap and PSP ramping. Everyone is shooting the same speed, so that leaves tactics, communication and ability. No more lopsided, artillery-loaded teams if everyone is restricted to the same speed.

Now, disclaimer before hot heads get out of control. This is my opinion. Take it or leave it. I may have a totally different one 6 months from now, but this is the opinion I've had for about 6 months now...I don't see that it's changed much.

spyderpaintball
12-29-2005, 04:43 PM
All i have to say is most people who cry about ramping havnt acctually shot or played against ramping. Its not 15 bps all the time. Most times i barely even hit ramping while playing and when i its only a few short seconds of it. Personally it makes the games level for those who cant shoot.

zus
12-29-2005, 08:41 PM
yall should read the magazine it is very convincing

geeZus
12-29-2005, 10:08 PM
Its also very wrong. Its not gonna happen, period.

/end discussion

lewizz124
12-30-2005, 04:49 PM
dont be a puss, 15 bps isnt that bad. besides if everyone can shoot 15 its more fair, and it leaves it up to tactics and playing. this way your not sittin there focusing on trying to shoot fast, with ramping you just do it and worry about the game.

zus
12-30-2005, 09:51 PM
Did anyone actually take the time to read the thread jesus yall need to read the new magazine lol

geeZus
12-30-2005, 10:27 PM
Anyone can make up a story about the two merging, plain and SIMPLE it isn't happening. I don't read the magazines, because they are just a rumor mill. The only useful parts are the results from the tourneys, the rest is nothing but someone's fiction.

spyderpaintball
12-31-2005, 07:29 AM
As Geezus said its all rumors in that and i could write a convinising article that say th world is ending tomorrow. That doesnt mean it will happen.

THere is way too much bad blood between the two organizations for them to merge. Also both series are doing as well as they can so there is no need to merge.

zus
01-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Right thats why psp is boing bankrupt

TheRedBarron
01-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Right thats why psp is boing bankrupt

id like to see proof.

Vid or shens :smirk:

spyderpaintball
01-03-2006, 02:12 PM
id like to see proof.

As well as i.

vikingshadow
01-03-2006, 04:16 PM
I don't think they would actually merge for a couple of reasons...

#1 - too many people (at least from what I've heard and from what I've seen aroudn this part of the country) like the PSP MUCH better than the NPPL. Seems the NPPL gets pretty anal about a lot of things - especially when it comes to Nazi-like rules on mask cutting, bps, ramping, etc...

#1a - the NPPL makes more money (for some reason) and brings in more venders so if they were to merge, it would be the PSP coming to the NPPL, not the NPPL coming to the PSP. And since I already mentioned that the PSP is growing in popularity by leaps and bounds, they'd be cutting their own throats by doing this.

#2 - I think the PSP has a better venue lined up as far as cities go. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears to me the PSP is making an effort to try to reach states that aren't actually involved in the major paintball tournament scene. This is evidence by the number of tournaments that have adopted "PSP rules" in the midwest part of the country. The NPPL tends to stay in the Eastern or Western part of the country (with the exception of Denver) yet the PSP has moved into Chicago, San Antonio and there are rumors of the events making it to Kansas City in the future. There are a lot of ballers on the East and West coasts, but by ignoring the middle part of the country, I think the NPPL has actually hurt itself...

I may be wrong on #2, but if I'm not, then it makes sense to me that the PSP would want to stay out on their own. It's golden!

claustrophobia9
01-03-2006, 05:10 PM
alot of insurance companies dont support psp rules.

vikingshadow
01-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Apparantly though, enough do because the PSP format is becoming more prevalent around the country in local tournaments and such. At least, like I said, in our part of the country. Could be a lot of field owners are going without insurance, also, and not letting on to the players they don't have any. I can tell you 2-3 in Oklahoma that I know of for sure that don't have it...but I won't! :devil:

TheRedBarron
01-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Closed until there is actual proof of this happening im tired of this argument

TheRedBarron
02-24-2006, 08:10 PM
THIS JUST IN!!!!!!!!!!! :news:

It was just a rumor.

vikingshadow
02-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Yay! Catalyst is wanting to enter the PSP ranks next season and I was getting to think there wasn't going to be a PSP....

Still like to know if the RUMORS of a tournament in KC will pan out....that way, we could hit one in Texas, then one in KS....and not be out all that much money.

Hey, Barron, you run a PB business...you and Durrell - you ought to sponsor this cool OK team I know...:rolleyes:

TheRedBarron
02-28-2006, 12:21 PM
I actually want to see your resume.. Cant promise anything as my business just started up, and will already be sponsoring my team.