PDA

View Full Version : Sonix CO2 Tank

SanStreet
04-12-2007, 02:58 PM
I bought a Sonix the other day and when I tried to use it, it wasn't working. Everything was fine until I discovered that the Tank was empty. This gear was supposedly unused, so I was wondering if one has to fill the tank when one buys a gun (like in my case) or is it supposed to have a full tank already? How much does it cost to fill? - or should I just bring everything back for a new one (came with mask, small parts, gun, and tank)?

tford_bdbaseball
04-12-2007, 03:01 PM
I got a new spyder sonix for christmas last year and the co2 tank was already filled and ready to shoot.
co2 is about 3.00 for a 12 oz. and 2.50 for a 9 oz.

also, could anyone tell me wether i should go with the MR1 or the spyder pilot? I want to shoot fast but i have also had no experience with electronic guns. This will also be only my second gun ever. I would also like it to shoot well with co2. Just post a comment on this post to answer my question.
Thanks,
Bulldog

vwjimmy
04-12-2007, 04:18 PM
I have never bought a CO2 tank that was prefilled. They are very hard to ship full do to explosion hazard so they get packaged empty.
Go fill it up at some place like your local field, or Richards Sporting Goods and enjoy!
(I have read that some Wally Worlds are now carrying some exchange cylinders that are filled and ready to go, just trade your empty for a full...so you might try that as well)

04-15-2007, 09:11 PM
I got a new spyder sonix for christmas last year and the co2 tank was already filled and ready to shoot.
co2 is about 3.00 for a 12 oz. and 2.50 for a 9 oz.

also, could anyone tell me wether i should go with the MR1 or the spyder pilot? I want to shoot fast but i have also had no experience with electronic guns. This will also be only my second gun ever. I would also like it to shoot well with co2. Just post a comment on this post to answer my question.
Thanks,
Bulldog

I had an MR1 and the detent sucks ass
go for the pilot a big step up from the MR1 and it's also more easily upgradeable

spitfirocks
04-15-2007, 11:32 PM
i think its illegal to have it prefilled..unless your buyin it specified that it is in fact filled, when you buy the co2, there nuttin in it..have fun with ur sonix =)

sd846
06-20-2008, 07:55 PM
When i bought my sonix it was bought from academys in a kit and to the store its illegal because it could be explosive as they say but fill at any sports store that sell paintball guns