PDA

View Full Version : stars - canucks game

calebh
04-11-2007, 11:56 PM
anybody still up watching this game? it's nearly 2 here, and they've just finished the 3rd overtime. this is their first game of their first round of the stanley cup playoffs. i'm watching the highlights from the other playoff games right now in the 6th intermission so far. should be an awesome playoff season, whoever wins. but man, turco laid out that busin or whatever his name is. i love hockey :D

marvin-martian
04-12-2007, 08:37 AM
i didnt even know this was going on. it sounds crazy, and i need to start watching.

clickclicksplat
04-12-2007, 11:43 AM
I gave up at the end of double overtime. Looked to me like Dallas had the edge at that point, but it's nice to see the Canucks pull it out, as I was rooting for them anyway.

I feel sorta bad for Turco though. That guy just can't catch a break.

This is going to be quite a playoff. Two multiple overtimes in the first games of the first round... I can feel my GPA plummeting.

calebh
04-12-2007, 03:14 PM
lol. i was doing homework, and i finally wrote in my essay something like "its 130. the stars are in the middle of their 3rd overtime right now, and this is the stanley cup playoffs. i'm too tired to watch the game and write this paper, so i'm going to stop writing now."

the canucks won, but they paid for it with injuries. that was a really good game, either way. luongo is incredible, with his 75 (or so) saves, but the fact he had to face so many says something about the canucks defense...

emf7301
04-12-2007, 05:26 PM
I was doing other stuff until 1:30 and went to find out what the score was and saw they were still playing so i watched the Stars lose that one. Really pissed me off but it's only one game. What injuries did the canucks suffer because i didn't get to watch but the last 2 overtimes.

calebh
04-12-2007, 07:45 PM
well the good stuff was in the regular game, where the stars scored 2 goals to tie it up in like the last half of the last period.

sopel's the only injured player from last night/this morning that will be sitting out tomorrow it seems. he's day-to-day with muscle spasms or something... i dont remember the other names, but two others went to the locker room during the game. one for a possible concusion, and i dont remember the other.

badlandsrox
04-12-2007, 08:51 PM
that was a really good game, either way. luongo is incredible, with his 75 (or so) saves, but the fact he had to face so many says something about the canucks defense...
Yeah, that they are above average... thats only 10 shots a period, which is a little below average, the only reason that it is so high, is the fact that they played seven periods of hockey (2 1/3 games pretty much).

calebh
04-13-2007, 03:10 PM
true lol. but the stars' 79 shots are still as much a record as luongo's 75 saves.

btw, i checked the paper. the website wasnt updated. the canucks are missing two left wings to injuries from wednesday night. i dont remember their names.

should be a good game tonight :D

emf7301
04-14-2007, 01:31 AM
woot, stars shutout the canucks. Take that *****es! Bring back to D-town and finish off those crazy canucks (or at least win both the home games :) )!

calebh
04-14-2007, 08:52 PM
lol i know. that game was pretty sweet