PDA

View Full Version : i think i may have messed up ooober-nasty bad.....

SpyderFan
04-11-2007, 08:53 PM
i was doing some cleaning and maintenance on my gun and i took off the feed port (the part that holds the detent in place) and when i put it back on and tightened the scew and i stripped the thread out of the gun......oops. specifically the one of the side of the gun.

does anyone have any kind of a solution? loc-tite maybe? or should i just leave it and hope that the remaining two scews work....

i just thought of something, is that covered by warranty?

The Booth Man
04-11-2007, 11:07 PM
i was doing some cleaning and maintenance on my gun and i took off the feed port (the part that holds the detent in place) and when i put it back on and tightened the scew and i stripped the thread out of the gun......oops. specifically the one of the side of the gun.

does anyone have any kind of a solution? loc-tite maybe? or should i just leave it and hope that the remaining two scews work....

i just thought of something, is that covered by warranty?

You can always go to your local hardware store and ask them for advice. You can rethread the hole with the right tap. Just bring one of your screws (or even your marker) with you and explain your situation.

Ballard32
04-12-2007, 03:42 AM
If you are talking about the screw on the feedneck then take of the washer on it and it will fit. This happened to me and I was stumped. Its weird but it will work.

shunut
04-12-2007, 06:16 AM
If you take off the washer be sure they screw isn't sticking out into the breach, this would be even worse than stripping the screw hole.

I would have a helicoil put in. Thats basically just rethreading the hole. Works great though.

Maxx-Damage
04-12-2007, 08:10 AM
ypu taking off the washer is a good fix, ive done it to holes thanks to me going fast when i was rebuilding my mr2 in the woods.

graphics360
04-12-2007, 11:17 AM
how do you have a helicoil put in? my brother did this exact thing to his MR1 and we were both stumped on how to fix it

the aluminum in spyders is so soft.........:down:

SpyderFan
04-12-2007, 08:21 PM
yeah, i took the gun apart today and saw that that taking off the washer would work.

ummm, whats a helicoil? and what does it do?

graphics360
04-12-2007, 08:36 PM
If you take off the washer be sure they screw isn't sticking out into the breach, this would be even worse than stripping the screw hole.

I would have a helicoil put in. Thats basically just rethreading the hole. Works great though.

^he said it, not me, but i think its some kind of insert you screw into the stripped hole that also has threding inside it.

shunut
04-12-2007, 09:15 PM
With a helicoil you would drill out the hole a little bit more, the tap with a special tap that comes with the kit. Then you use another tool, that comes with the kit, to screw the new threads in. The helicoil kind of looks like a tightly wound spring. Once its in the hole, it locks in and you can screw the screw in just like before.

I can't find a go site to show you what it is, but do a search on google and you'll find it.

graphics360
04-12-2007, 09:30 PM
werd, thats what i thought

SpyderFan
04-14-2007, 09:20 PM
well, thanks but i got the washer off earlier this evening and now it works fine.

Inteligirl
05-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Yeah I stripped the screw out on my feedneck too and sure enough took off the washer and it went right in. Whew! Thanks for the tip guys!