PDA

View Full Version : Thai food..........

DRAGON
04-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Just stopped at a Thai place for carry out tonight since I felt like spoiling myself. Dang it's expensive! as usual.... I like chicken Pad Thai which is egg type noodles mixed with chicken, eggs, veggies, nuts and of course.......it's pretty danged HOT! :flame: Thing is, the place I used to frequent in Michigan puts this place to shame. They give you about twice as much with more noodles and it costs about the same, relatively $9. Anyone in to Thai stuff? The thing that prolly most attracts me is it's hot as hell! -

TheRedBarron
04-11-2007, 06:16 PM
I love Thai food, no idea what it is that Shanna brings home for me though I will ask her when she gets home, it has noodles, beef and veggies.

timmyshoota
04-11-2007, 06:18 PM
I'll stick to my Viet food. Pho fo life.

leed
04-11-2007, 06:28 PM
To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of Pho. I like Thai though, Pad Thai is great, and around here, it isn't that expensive. That says a lot, especially with my kind of budget, haha. I <3 spicy.

durrell
04-11-2007, 06:29 PM
If Chinese food is made from cat, then Thai food must be goat or something..;)

Never tried Thai food. If it's hot I doubt I'd like it.

big_daddy_d
04-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Thai food is great!!!!!!! I get to go to Thailand for 2 weeks in May and I am looking forward to eating the real deal there :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

spitfirocks
04-11-2007, 06:42 PM
lol i love pad thai!!!! overhere, you can get a huge bowl of it for about 5 bucks. 1 bowl=enough to fill my stomach, and im a big boy lol...its really good, especially if you ask for the extra hot sauce..i just graduated from regular sauce..lolo

timmyshoota
04-11-2007, 06:55 PM
To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of Pho.
GTFO. You are a complete waste of life.

Drefish99
04-11-2007, 07:07 PM
We usually go at least once a month. Our usual orders as a family.
Chicken Satay - BBQ chicken sticks with a nice peanut butter sauce
Shrimp Tum Yum Soup - Hot and sour soup, really tangy. Great for cold weather which we have been having plenty of.
Chicken Pad Tai - Good stuff.
Beef Pad Ki Mao - Beef with fat rice noodles and broccoli, kids love this dish

Always good stuff but I agree that it does get expensive. For the 5 of us it will cost $60-$70 with tip and my kids are still little I can't imagine when they get older and start eating more. Right now my son can finish a chicken satay order by himself and that is about 6 BBQ sticks.

Drefish99
04-11-2007, 07:10 PM
I'll stick to my Viet food. Pho fo life.

We never get anything but Phở. I have a good Vietnamese coworker that has plans to open up a soup shop right by my house. He was going to call it "Phở You Man!!!" :D

timmyshoota
04-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Lol. The shop I goto has shirts that say "Pho King Good" on them.

DRAGON
04-11-2007, 08:14 PM
I have a feeling people are going to want to stand in front of me and not behind me at all tomorrow -

calebh
04-11-2007, 10:48 PM
rofl. thai food is pretty good. indian food is pretty good. viet food is pretty good. chinese food is pretty good. heck, all oriental food is pretty good :)

i'll take my tex mex any day, tho :D