PDA

View Full Version : Eggy 2 or 3?

cnizz
04-10-2007, 06:40 PM
I recently purchased a Evlution 2 and noticed that the shell says Evlution 3. Anyway I may know which hopper I ended up buying? The box/package said it was a evlution 2 and the instruction sheet was for a evlution 3. Anyone else have this happen to them?

vwjimmy
04-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Does your hopper have a knob to adjust its speed? If it does, it is an Eggy II. If it doesn't, it should be an Eggy III. The difference in the two is the board. The III comes with a 'Z Board' already installed. The II probably has a 'Y Board' which is a bit slower and is characterized by its speed adjustment knob.

DRAGON
04-10-2007, 07:01 PM
If there are 2 knobs on the left side it's a II. If there only 1 knob, it's a III -

Dang you Jimmay! ;)

cnizz
04-10-2007, 07:06 PM
aight it has the speed adjustment knob. Thanks guys

spitfirocks
04-14-2007, 11:44 AM
i have an egg 3 and ithas a speed adjustment knob..?

DRAGON
04-14-2007, 01:52 PM
i have an egg 3 and ithas a speed adjustment knob..?

If it has an adjuster, it has a Y board in it not the updated Z board -

spitfirocks
04-14-2007, 02:34 PM
do egg 3's come with y boards?on the box it says egg 3 with z board..

spitfirocks
04-14-2007, 02:36 PM
well idk but it has this white knob and it says speed on it..but on the box it says egg 3 with z board and i bought it bnib

cnizz
04-14-2007, 04:20 PM
yea, I got that same white knob....weird **POOF**

Do not avoid the swear filter again! WARNING!

spitfirocks
04-14-2007, 05:01 PM
lol i dont think egg 3's come without a z board...and besides with fresh batteries, i can do 26bps...i kinda modded it

DRAGON
04-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Well that's simply amazing since the Zeggo can only feed at a mere 23bps lol - :rolleyes:

I refuse to debate with those in-the-know so I will humbly bow out of this thread since I am but a pawn in the vast spectra of paintball Yodaism - :o

spitfirocks
04-14-2007, 07:01 PM
lol if you put a revvy force feed in an eggy, it makes it 4bps faster..or you can just get the propeller, and cut off 4 brackets, which adds 2bps...it works fine on my egg

bamf-hacker
04-14-2007, 07:52 PM
For the record...

The Egg with the speed adjuster is the Y-Boarded Egg. If there is no knob then it is the Z-Boarded Egg.

And, moding the Egg to make it faster, while fun to say you have, is not needed and will put undo stress on the motor. Can you shoot faster than 23bps?

spitfirocks
04-14-2007, 08:59 PM
i cant even shoot 18, but when i can....it will be dandy..and besides i mean its bragging rights....so wait i have a question i have the egg 3, but it has a lil white speed knob...it still does 23 bps stock... it says on the box it has a z board.

i looked at other peoples egg 3's and they all have knobs also

spitfirocks
04-14-2007, 09:17 PM
hmm i think you guys might have gotten it mixed up...z board has a white circle that spins, but it doesnt even affecxt the bps..at least it doesnt affect mine..the y boarded eggs have nothing like i cant really tell its black..

DRAGON
04-14-2007, 10:22 PM
hmm i think you guys might have gotten it mixed up...z board has a white circle that spins, but it doesnt even affecxt the bps..at least it doesnt affect mine..the y boarded eggs have nothing like i cant really tell its black..

If I were a PBN member maybe I'd call you a........well I suppose let's not. Do you feel like posting more and sticking your foot deeper into your mouth or can we just stop here to save you any further embarassment? - :o

spitfirocks
04-15-2007, 10:58 AM
im not tryin 2 embarass myself, im not tryin 2 do anythin except know the truth bout the eggy, becuase im curious.

Border411
04-27-2007, 11:16 AM
An Egg 3 has the z-board, and after a lot of research I found out that there is just a white cap where the speed adjuster hole is. This, of course, was after I was trying to rip the *dang* (<--family friendly version) cap off trying to get to the speed control! I think they just use the same shell to cut down on costs of machinery for production.

spitfirocks
04-28-2007, 03:42 PM
thanks border...those other idiots dont know crap<--family friendly version lol

MVS1
04-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Those other idiots know alot more than you may think and you might want to remember that. If you knew as much as you thought, you would have realized a long time ago that the white knob you kept referring to was just a plug to fill the hole in the shell that the velocity adjuster on the y-board equipped Egg II once filled. Feel free to come back with yet another snappy response, I think we all know the truth. MOD's sorry I just was not about to sit here and let that kind of insolence go by unchallenged, VW, Bamf and Drago don't deserve that. If I need a time-out, that's cool just let me know.

spitfirocks
04-28-2007, 04:22 PM
bamf is cool, i was talkin about dragon, i asked a question, and since he couldnt answer it, his temper got shot circuited, so before u go off on me, read the whole convo.....

MVS1
04-28-2007, 05:05 PM
I did read the whole convo... your reply left it open to interpretation which is what prompted my response. thanks border...those other idiots dont know crap<--family friendly version lol
I apologize to cnizz, because he asked a simple question and he got the proceeding for his response.