PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Tadao Board

Drefish99
04-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Spyder and Tadao have partnered for a Spyder board. This board was designed for the VS2/3 line of markers but will work in any of the many Spyder Eframes including the Rocking Trigger frame. Only problem is the charging port may be off and some customization may be needed.

Details:

5 modes(semi unlimited, semi 15bps, psp ramp, millennium ramp and 3 burst)

Adjustable trigger debounce (5 settings)

Forced shot feature

Battery status indicator

Tournament mode lock

Semi lock switch

Now for you pics or shens folks:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/drefish99/tadao_red.jpg

Release should be sometime in June. No pricing structure for the boards just yet.

STRIKEFIRST
04-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Wow...I thought it would have more modes and lengthy programming...so far I like what I see.

Oscum Guy
04-10-2007, 10:55 AM
no vs membrane pad?!? what is forced shot feature?

Drefish99
04-10-2007, 10:57 AM
no vs membrane pad?!? what is forced shot feature?

Does the VS run off a Membrane pad now?
Forced shot feature - Forced eye mode with forced shot allows the marker to be fired when the eyes are enabled but no object in present in the breech.

Maxx-Damage
04-10-2007, 11:01 AM
I like it, looks like it should fit the MR series with minimum customizing.

Drefish99
04-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Also keep in mind for those that will be playing the Spyder Cup. This is one if not the only certified aftermarket board that you will be able to rock since it is a Spyder sponsored product. I have also gotten word that the eyes are compatible to the VS line of markers and they sell the VS eyes as a replacement part.

DRAGON
04-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Beat me to it Dre. Got my catalog yesterday but didn't get a chance to open it till today. E-MR1, body change for some of the markers, apparently a color change for the MR1(body looks a dark green), some new MR accessories, camo pod pack....MINE!, board looks interesting as well -

Xyxyll
04-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Hmm... I was under the impression that these were going to be drop-in with the ESP frames (seeing as the ESP frames are the only frames without stock eyes). It looks like some holes will have to be drilled in the ESP frames for the board to fit (yes, I can read the "some customization may be needed"). Nice to see details finally being released though. I hope they do not have any difficulty getting the boards released in-advance enough for the participants of the first qualifying event of the Spyder Cup.

DRAGON
04-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Looks to me the only real mod for regular frames will be drilling a hole for the second button. The charging port and bottom button there should match up with some of the existing frames -

Dre, the VS's don't have a membrane. What they do have is something that resembles a membrane pad for those bottom 2 buttons, From my experience it seems the design wasn't exactly perfected -

Drefish99
04-10-2007, 01:45 PM
The board in the picture someone just brought to my attention may not work in all the older frames before VS. It is missing the 5 pin Molex connector that most if not all ESP frames have used. Although the logic and programing will work in all the ESP frames but more moding will be needed other than just the charge port drilling.

DRAGON
04-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Why would it need a 5 pin Dre? -

Hob Hayward
04-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Oh indeed. Hmmm, maybe they'll have two versions? Not that it'd be hard to mod the connector if you knew which wires where.

Critical
04-10-2007, 02:47 PM
How can I get one of those catalogs with the new updates?

Hob Hayward
04-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Yeah, I was wondering that too, I bet the mods have special privileges though. I remember Drago( I think?) getting a fasta before they were out...

Maxx-Damage
04-10-2007, 02:58 PM
apparently a color change for the MR1(body looks a dark green), some new MR accessories
Ive already seen the new MR1, i think they called it Matte Olive. Scan the MR accessories please:) I havent seen em yet..

Xyxyll
04-10-2007, 03:06 PM
The board in the picture someone just brought to my attention may not work in all the older frames before VS. It is missing the 5 pin Molex connector that most if not all ESP frames have used. Although the logic and programing will work in all the ESP frames but more moding will be needed other than just the charge port drilling.

It'll still work. Remember that the VS series markers don't have a sliding on/off switch, which takes up 3 of the 5 positions in the old 5-pin housings.

Just install this board and move the two microswitch wires to the correct positions in the three-position housing on the new board. I suspect the empty position is for Rocking frames (two switches).

HelpDeskHustler
04-10-2007, 03:59 PM
virtue looks better/more versatile imo... tadao in red is wierd.

DRAGON
04-10-2007, 04:02 PM
...........Scan the MR accessories please:) I havent seen em yet..

Done......... http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?p=126423#post126423

Oscum Guy
04-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Does the VS run off a Membrane pad now?
Forced shot feature - Forced eye mode with forced shot allows the marker to be fired when the eyes are enabled but no object in present in the breech.

was that a statement ot sarcasm? and yeah the vs2 does have a membrane pad.
http://paintballerz.com/products/VS%20Series%20blue%20silver%20big.jpg

08Lud08
04-10-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm pretty sure thats just a sticker and there are buttons under it like on a wrath.

DRAGON
04-10-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm pretty sure thats just a sticker and there are buttons under it like on a wrath.

You are correct. He is not - ;)

**See's bright red buttons on board**

Maxx-Damage
04-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Done......... http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?p=126423#post126423
woot, thanks kinda hard to read the description though, wont matter until they come out.....hopefully thier of good quality:smash:(<that one is the best)

Cakeslob
04-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Looks to me the only real mod for regular frames will be drilling a hole for the second button. The charging port and bottom button there should match up with some of the existing frames -

Dre, the VS's don't have a membrane. What they do have is something that resembles a membrane pad for those bottom 2 buttons, From my experience it seems the design wasn't exactly perfected -

you would need a vs switch harness and resolder a older spyder switch onto it aswell

Xyxyll
04-10-2007, 07:19 PM
I highly doubt any soldering is necessary to install this board in an ESP frame. The wires from ESP microswitches should slide right into the VS molex plug.

Oscum Guy
04-11-2007, 11:12 AM
You are correct. He is not - ;)

**See's bright red buttons on board**
yeah but that is the tadao board. what about the stock board?

fwgericke
04-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Just a question out of context, sounds pretty dumb but isnt "forced shot" defeating the purpose of having eyes in the first place.???
Kick me if that sounds stupid.....

Oscum Guy
04-11-2007, 11:55 AM
thats what i thot to lol. why not just turn the eyes off?

08Lud08
04-11-2007, 01:27 PM
I think forced shot is that the eyes are on but being bypassed to shoot, like if you want to shoot air.

bigred76
04-11-2007, 03:53 PM
:yeahthat: Or if the eyes are dirty. What is the point of having eyes on when they're all buggard up? ;)

fwgericke
04-12-2007, 05:41 AM
But that theoretically means that a ball could be half in the breech and be chopped because of "forced shot".
Just a thought..

Drefish99
04-12-2007, 06:40 AM
Forced shot is actually pretty useful. Lets say you have a break and you know that it can be cleared pretty quickly with one shot but at the same time it is not firing because the board is sensing an eye error. This will give you the ability to shoot the breech clean and still have the eyes enabled for the next shots without having to re-enable them again.

fwgericke
04-12-2007, 06:49 AM
Oh well when you explain it like that it sounds pretty useful but wont it still affect the way the eyes function. eg:just firing whenever you pull the trigger and not when a ball is totally in the breach

Hob Hayward
04-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Well, often occasions occur on which you'd want to turn the eyes off, which is essentially what forced shot is.

Dry firing, practicing, if your eyes have become damaged to never see anything etc.

stylinbeaver
04-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Like on a Matrix. With eyes on, you can pull and hold down the trigger for a second and it will make it fire. Very good idea