PDA

View Full Version : battery help

Mckenna
04-10-2007, 07:50 AM
I forgot to charg my pilot last night so I put in a Energizer battery it worked for a little while but then it stopped working and now it wont even work with the stock battery when I charged it with a 9v battery charger. Did I brake my gun or what.

Critical
04-10-2007, 07:59 AM
Did you charge the 9.6v before trying it? Treat it just like you would a malfunctioning PC. Try the simplest (and cheapest) first:
- Check power (in this case, charge the battery, then make sure it's plugged in correctly)
- Check wiring (make sure everything is seated correctly, no shorts, no exposed wires, use a multi-tester to check that the charger is putting out the correct voltage/amperage, etc...)
- Check that marker is assembled correctly
- Replace battery (if nothing else worked, it might be time to spend some money, brand new, batteries are about $15)
- Check board (if you're on good terms with your local shop, take your marker in, they might have one on display that you can swap boards and see if that fixes the problem, if it does, you know what the problem is)

Don't start throwing money at it right off the bat, you'll waste the money and get more frustrated with the marker.

It is possible that you blew up something with the 9v battery, probably the board, but check everything else first.

Mckenna
04-10-2007, 08:38 AM
How much is a new board like a newon

Critical
04-10-2007, 01:31 PM
eBay has listings for scenario dreams t-board for $60, scenario dreams has them for $70, but you'd be buying direct from the manufacturer.