PDA

View Full Version : adding eyes

ryoko
04-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Hi, I'm getting back into paintball after many years away, and have moved from the mechanical to electric triggers. I have a stock spyder ACS I got a nice deal on, but I'm thinking I'd like to add eyes to it, preferably breakbeam.

Do I need to buy one of those T boards, or is there a low cost way to add eyes to the stock marker? If I need to get a tboard, I've seen more than one type. Which is right for the pilot? The stock marker's abilities, like rates of fire are good for me, just want the eye part.

Thank you.

Critical
04-10-2007, 05:09 AM
T-board would probably be the cheapest way. Only other thing out there (I think) is the Virtue board.

pb34
04-10-2007, 04:56 PM
The only way to add eyes is to buy a new board. The only aftermarket boards out there for Spyders are the T-board, the virtue board, the new kingman/tadao board, and if you can find one, the lucky spitfire board. The kingman/tadao board isn't out yet, you can read about it in the news and update section. All of the other boards are compatable with eyes, but for the price, the t-board is the way to go.

vwjimmy
04-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Here is the right t board for your marker:
SD ESP T Board (http://www.scenariodreams.com/productpages/esp.htm)
I always found machining the reciever the hardest part of adding eyes to my Spyders....it can be the most expensive part too if it is done wrong. I am running several T Boards and I have always been very pleased with their performance and especially with the customer service at SD.

MVS1
04-10-2007, 07:02 PM
VW is dead-on, SD customer service is the best I have dealt with, the ver c t-board is loaded with features and the colored eyes work great and look awesome. A nice thing too is that if you have a problem milling the body for the eyes, replacement bodies are really cheap, running $15 to $20 new.

ryoko
04-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Thank you. This is exactly what I'm looking for.

Pwgsx
04-10-2007, 08:28 PM
T board man, I love mine!!

Critical
04-11-2007, 01:07 AM
I always found machining the reciever the hardest part of adding eyes to my Spyders....it can be the most expensive part too if it is done wrong.

So...wanna drill some eyes for me? :D

bigred76
04-11-2007, 01:31 AM
Keep in mind that you need to tune the marker with a new board. With eyes comes dwell, debounce, etc. All the fun stuff of higher-end markers. It wont be too hard to learn how to utilize your new board, but it will be necessary.

As for screw-ups in eye drilling, good 'ol Druid taught me a trick... Put one of those "condom" style balloons that the clowns use (or similar... mebbe a condom would work too, but I haven't tried it) in the breech, and blow it up until it fits perfectly. Plop some JB Weld into the messed up holes. When the JB Weld dries, file it flush, and retry your drilling. After taking out the balloon, of course. :D