PDA

View Full Version : Need Help w/ VS2 Leak

sphven
04-09-2007, 07:30 PM
So I bought this VS2 off of ebay and it has a small leak around the on/off that is hard to hear but it is still driving me nuts! I tried putting teflon tape on... EVERYTHING and it is still there. Is this normal or am I missing something? I took some pictures because I don't know what it's supposed to look like up close. My main concerns are that something is missing from a hole on the right side or the ring around the bleed valve is broken.
http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f124/rgmaverick/?action=view&current=ASAL2i.jpg
http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f124/rgmaverick/?action=view&current=ASAR2i.jpg

Backmanshooter
04-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Does it come out a very small off the ASA?

PBBLITZ
04-10-2007, 05:47 AM
Is the leak coming out of the other side of the on/off dial?That happened to me at one point and bleve it or not, all i did to fix it is put my thumb on the opposite side of the on/off, and apply a bit of pressure to the thing that turns whilst turning the on/off on. That stopped the leak and no problems since! Soz for the bad terminology btw. If that doesnt work then just post another comment and i'll hav a look into mine and see what cld be rong.

STRIKEFIRST
04-10-2007, 06:16 AM
I would take it apart and check all orings. replace any suspicious orings lube and reassemble. if that doesn't do it, send it to kingman.

sphven
04-10-2007, 04:21 PM
I tried putting pressure on the other side of the on/off dial while turning it and I think it got worse:o but I might just be getting a little paranoid about it.. the next thing I'll do is tear it down and check all the o-rings, but if that doesn't work can I send it to kingman even though I got it off of eBay? and if not what might be some after market on/off's that will fit this gun

pb34
04-10-2007, 06:14 PM
I tried putting pressure on the other side of the on/off dial while turning it and I think it got worse:o but I might just be getting a little paranoid about it.. the next thing I'll do is tear it down and check all the o-rings, but if that doesn't work can I send it to kingman even though I got it off of eBay? and if not what might be some after market on/off's that will fit this gun

Not sure about sending it to Kingman. To put an aftermarket on/off on you would have to either have to buy a VA adapter and put a verticle regulator on or just take off the reg and replace it with an on/off. As for which ones would fit, are the holes on the bottom of the VS gripframe normal holes or are they the diagonal ones? If they are normal you can put almost any direct mount on/off on or any drop foward.

unkledave
04-12-2007, 12:25 PM
This happened to me, too. It comes from unscrewing the On/Off too far when you are turning off the air. It tears one of the o-rings inside.
Here's how to fix it.
1). Remove the clip that holds the On/Off knob.
2). Pull the On/Off knob out of the asa.
3). Replace the o-ring. (there are 2. Replace the black one)
4). Re-assemble.

sirhc978
04-13-2007, 03:32 PM
I just bought a new VS2 off of actionvillage and the first time i put air in it the what looks like a metal o ring on the opposite side of the dial on the on/off broke. Now there is a massive leak comming from where the break is. I can not even change it. What should i do?

spitfirocks
04-13-2007, 03:34 PM
send it to kingman, and call their toll free number, and push 6 to talk 2 their technicalk support...also dont hijack this guys thread make your own..

they open mon-fri like 10-5 pacific time

sphven
04-14-2007, 05:32 AM
This happened to me, too. It comes from unscrewing the On/Off too far when you are turning off the air. It tears one of the o-rings inside.
Here's how to fix it.
1). Remove the clip that holds the On/Off knob.
2). Pull the On/Off knob out of the asa.
3). Replace the o-ring. (there are 2. Replace the black one)
4). Re-assemble.
Thanks I just fixed that and know it works just fine, but it turns out that wasn't the only place it was leaking from. I don't know if the threads on the VS2's asa are messed up somehow or what but I tried turning my tank asa into a teflon tape mummy and the rest of the leak stopped:D but does anyone have a more permanent solution because I would really rather not have to wrap it every time I change tanks.

Border411
04-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Here is a tip---dont turn it on all the way. I have heard that if you turn it full on, then back it off a 1/4 turn, you wont have the leak.

unkledave
04-20-2007, 10:42 PM
This might be a dumb question but, have you checked the o-ring on the tank?
Sometimes we overlook the obvious...

sphven
04-20-2007, 11:02 PM
no i made sure to check the o-ring and used three different tanks all with new ones. i've definitely learned that no problem can be too seemingly obvious.. and yet the leak persists..:confused:

STRIKEFIRST
04-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Sounds like you need to send it to Kingman