PDA

View Full Version : Regulators

AutoSpyder
04-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and need some help choosing a good reg for CO2. I know that the Palmer Stabilizer is probably the best choice but its pretty pricey and I was wondering if anyone has heard about or tried the CMI R-2000 reg. I still have a ways to go to get my new MR2 into "reliable" territory (meaning no chops) but I figure this is a good place to start.

AutoSpyder
04-14-2007, 10:14 PM
After reviewing some of the other threads on regs I decided to go with the Palmer Stabilizer. I picked one up from a local paintball shop along with a new macro line kit and a Bob Long 1200psi mini gauge. I will post a pic later in the MR2 pics thread. This forum is a really great tool when trying to decide what upgrades to go with, thanks guys.

ViperX
04-15-2007, 06:40 AM
Sorry no one was able to immediately answer your question. But I don't think that style of regulator is very popular and I doubt very many people own one.

I do have one, but have never used it on a marker. I had purchased it for a CO2 paintball cannon because I needed a reg that had a very large drop in pressure as to not overpressurize a chamber that was limited to 200 psi. So I could not say how it performs on a marker. But from what I see of it, it just looks like a regulator and if you are using CO2 I think you are better off with something that incorporates a chamber to allow expansion to occur.

You'll be happy with the Palmer Stab anyway, so you made a great choice.

AutoSpyder
04-15-2007, 05:22 PM
Tried it out today and yeah Im definately happy with the results. Its running at around 580psi and I was actually able to fire about 2 hoppers through it without a single chop. Even the ACS is functioning great, I went ahead and tried it on full auto and it stopped a chop. Great results considering I was using some cheap JT tactical paint.

Hob Hayward
04-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Awesome, it'll get even better after it's broken in :D.

Xtreme
04-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Well, from experience, I run a female palmer stabilizer and with all my ups I am able to shoot around 275 on pressure at 281-284fps, this weekend was the first time its been that consistent, I have ran about 5 cases through my gun, and every time, the fps has gotten closer, I would say the regulator is broke in!

QuiGonKen
04-16-2007, 04:03 AM
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and need some help choosing a good reg for CO2. I know that the Palmer Stabilizer is probably the best choice but its pretty pricey and I was wondering if anyone has heard about or tried the CMI R-2000 reg. I still have a ways to go to get my new MR2 into "reliable" territory (meaning no chops) but I figure this is a good place to start.

hey is the stabilizer u bought the Palmers Pursuit Shop Male Stabilizer Regulator?

and did u take any pics? :D **** EDIT ***** i just saw ur pic in the pic thread...lol durh...nice work looks crazy!

bamf-hacker
04-16-2007, 04:08 AM
Actually the Stab is a very popular reg for C02. It is an awesome reg and you will love it.

QuiGonKen
04-16-2007, 05:04 AM
Actually the Stab is a very popular reg for C02. It is an awesome reg and you will love it.

--- interesting-- its still works well with HPA yes? also does Palmers Pursuit Shop Male Stabilizer Regulator fit on the MR2?

Critical
04-16-2007, 06:23 AM
the Palmers Stab works with both CO2 and air. The male will work with the MR markers, however, you need the ASA to whatever the size threading the MR uses, I think it's 10/32 but don't quote me. Palmers sells the adapters on their website for a couple of bucks or you could probably find them at your local shop.

AutoSpyder
04-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Actually the male stabilizer is the one I have installed. I just removed the foregrip and unscrewed the vertical c/a hose adapter. Then all you do is take the male stabilizer and screw it into the vertical c/a plug (its threads are standard ASA so any reg or gas through grip would fit).

QuiGonKen
04-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Actually the male stabilizer is the one I have installed. I just removed the foregrip and unscrewed the vertical c/a hose adapter. Then all you do is take the male stabilizer and screw it into the vertical c/a plug (its threads are standard ASA so any reg or gas through grip would fit).

i actually just picked one up, a friend of mine had one lying around and sold it to me for $50 :D...doesnt have a gauge tho...

query....what does the gauge do and how necessary would it be?

AutoSpyder
04-16-2007, 08:29 PM
First of all $50 is a geat deal considering most of us with stabilizers paid well over $80. The gauge tells you what the output pressure of the reg is set at. Its not really that necessary unless you plan on tinkering with your pressure like when you chrono or something. They look cool too especially the ones from Bob Long but some people say they kinda clash with the milsim look. If you do go with one remember to use teflon tape to prevent air leaks.

QuiGonKen
04-16-2007, 08:58 PM
First of all $50 is a geat deal considering most of us with stabilizers paid well over $80. The gauge tells you what the output pressure of the reg is set at. Its not really that necessary unless you plan on tinkering with your pressure like when you chrono or something. They look cool too especially the ones from Bob Long but some people say they kinda clash with the milsim look. If you do go with one remember to use teflon tape to prevent air leaks.

hmm coolage ill remember that, fanx

re: the clash...lol the mr series is the clash lol not really milsim, not really tourney, all wiked :D