PDA

View Full Version : MR2 or MR3 and Why?

COLDSTEEL
04-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Why should I get the mr3 over a mr2? Is the eyes the only reason? Or is a MR2 just as good? If you own a MR3 tell me about it your like and dislikes?

Crazy Cracka
04-10-2007, 03:32 PM
You should get an MR1, it's a lot cheaper and can be just as bad ass.

COLDSTEEL
04-10-2007, 03:46 PM
I have got a mr1 and a od green custom painted xtra, both tricked out with bolts, barrels and hpa, wanting something electric

Hob Hayward
04-10-2007, 03:52 PM
I'd say go for the MR3, mainly just because of the eyes. I dunno what they're going for price wise, but it seems like, unless you plan on buying a t-board, and have the skills to drill for eyes, the extra money for the MR3 would be well spent. Not to mention the newer stock and the raised rail.

You might also check out the e-MR1? I guess if you already have a normal MR1 you might not want an e-gripped one aswell.

vwjimmy
04-10-2007, 06:30 PM
EDIT: Stupidity removed by idiot poster
Hi Mom :)

Hob Hayward
04-10-2007, 08:30 PM
The MR3 has a rocking frame?

No it doesn't, I just looked, silly vwjimmy :p.

civickiller302
04-11-2007, 05:01 PM
All you get more is a different stock, raised rail, and the EYE. So if you're willing to lay down the extra cash....

....The MR2 goes from 140-200 on eBay, and the MR3 goes from $180-250 on eBay. I looked at both guns a couple months ago and ended up buying the MR2....I couldn't see the point of spending the extra money for just a few more things... In the 1500 balls I've shot, I believe I've only chopped 2....mostly because of my hopper. So while the EYE is cool, it's not really necessary... :)

COLDSTEEL
04-12-2007, 04:57 PM
I looking at using a Spyder Fasta hopper, do you like it what a 18v?
Of cours I know what a 9v is is the 18 2 battries, I know this is a stupid ? is it better

civickiller302
04-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Don't get the 9v Fasta; it feeds at half the rate the 18v does. The 18v feeds up to around 30 balls a sec, while the 9v feeds only 15bps....and you only pay around $10-15 more for the 18v....then you can take full advantage of the gun, if you have a fast trigger finger...

....now that you mention it...I think I'll go buy one myself now..haha......seriously..

civickiller302
04-12-2007, 08:31 PM
........ok.....i bought one..... i just had to.....

zisiang
04-16-2007, 09:33 PM
I was having "difficulty" making choice over MR2 or MR3 previous, both are very good woodsball marker (I actually do play some speedball occasionally). I finally made a decision on MR3, while we all may have already knowing about both MR2 and MR3 are having different strength (and weeknesses) from the point of view of costing, weight, eye, stock, look etc..

Currently I'm comfortable with the MR3 on Fasta 18v, meanwhile still using a CO2, could use an upgrade of compressed air very soon I guess. Overall just feeling very good :)

zisiang

umfdave105
07-10-2007, 09:04 AM
I've got the MR1 and the MR3 They are both awesome. It just really depends on what you want out of your gun. If you want a full auto go for the MR3. If not the MR1 is a sweet gun. I've had my MR1 a Year and the only time I've broken a single ball is when I was playing in 4 degree snowy weather.

Nuwisha
07-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Well I just took possession of an MR3 and after being a long term MR2 owner... I think I like it.

Pro's: seems more comfortable. NO ACS!!!! yes thats a good thing. Eyes. Double ball stops(may not wear out as fast? we'll see in the long run)

Con's: no orings on bolt(no the mr2 doesn't either, but the mr1 does..grr), no eyes on auto, and no burst (both to be resolved by switching over my ver. c T-board and eyes.. just to see how they work...plus i'll throw in the Alamo city bolt{after adding the second ball stop groove} and see how it all works.... I may end up not returning the MR3....and buying it off the guy....)

If I had the choice now, I'd get the MR3 and be that little bit happier...

After I tinker, I'll let y'all know how it goes.

chnk
07-29-2007, 07:37 PM
im working on installing eyes on my mr2, i hate the acs bolt, but i like the mr2 look better,

just konw, acs is annoying as ****

Nuwisha
09-08-2007, 12:45 PM
well I put in the alamo city bolt and the verC T-board, and yeee haa!

The MR3 in its stock form is def. more comfy than the MR2. That being said I'll be putting the t-board back in the MR2 and just run the stock board in the 3, I'll be leaving in the alamo bolt.

I think I am going to buy it off the guy, and use the MR2 as my tinker horse.

The EYES are the best part about it. Eyes and Q-loader go hand in hand.