PDA

View Full Version : MR2 or MR3 and Why?

COLDSTEEL
04-09-2007, 05:46 PM
I am looking at getting a new MR2 OR MR3. Why is the MR3 better, just because it hay eyes? Will the MR3 not chop as balls as much, the MR2 has a anti chop bolt?

The the trigger the same?

wylde01
04-09-2007, 05:55 PM
i dont know much about the mr3 except the fact that it has eyes and is supposed to be better than an acs bolt. i can tell you that they both have the same trigger frame and that they are not interchangeble.(meaning you can not put a dif. frame on the mr2 or mr2. ie: an e-frame). the mr2 is a great gun IMO, you just have to know how to work it and use the right equipment with it. they both need to have a good force fed hopper. i use an empire reloader b and have had no chops. using HPA will also help i think(correct me if im wrong, people that know more lol.) i will tell you that you will have a good gun and should have fun with it no matter which one you choose. i hope this helps in any way. you can pm me or any one else here an can always get good help.

COLDSTEEL
04-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks, for the info, I do use hpa, and am planning or get a good hopper. Just don't want to chop paint, lol I like the Looks of the MR2 better, so you like your MR2

Right now I have a custom od green painted xtra, w/ derlin low bolt, j & j 12 inch barrel and a cheap rhino hopper with hpa, shoots great just looking for a better gun with a faster trigger and full auto for fun sometimes

wylde01
04-09-2007, 06:19 PM
i can tell you that i love my mr2. i will also tell you that a new barrel may be in your future. the stock barrel is loud (although is was pretty accurate for me) so i bought a jj ceramic and good shot pattern and very quiet. also be sure to check your detents and maybe buy some new ones. there are plenty of ups that you can do to this gun. im still upping mine as i get money, and i've had it for almost a year now.

Maxx-Damage
04-09-2007, 06:52 PM
I love my MR2, besides it being my first gun and workign for a while for it. But i can show up anyone who boosts those high end guns. Their all amazed that a "spyder" can shoot that fast and do it while looking awesome. But soem people have had some bad problems with thiers, but theirs alot that have had goodluck with theirs. I can saay im one of em. The one with goodluck...

Coinz
04-21-2007, 01:32 PM
I beleave that they eye can only be used on single shot mode. Other than looks and the eye both are the same. Im not sure if the MR3 still has an acs bolt in it anyways, if it doesnt just get the MR2 because like I said the eye can only be used on single fire mode. But remember you are paying alote more money just for that eye. BTW I have an MR2 and use a HaloB hopper and it works great. My friend recently bought the MR3 and it works great aswell. So basically is the extra 100+ dollars worth the different looks and the eye (on single shot mode) too you?

Edit: also the stock barrel in the MR3 is shorter. If you are planning on using the stock barrel take that into consideration aswell.

The Booth Man
04-21-2007, 09:45 PM
I know this is all personal opinion but...

I own an MR2 and just bought an upped MR1 for my wife. I like both guns, but my wife's MR1 definately has the better setup. Her marker can accept any Spyder threaded barrel out there, while mine is very limited due to the barrel shroud.

How much are you going to use full auto? Even though I have it, I rarely use it. That might be different for you. If your main mode is Semi-automatic, then the MR3 w/eyes might be the better marker for you. Shop around, do the math, and I'm sure that one of these fine markers will work for you.