PDA

View Full Version : has anyone modified the stock

c2theking
04-09-2007, 02:01 PM
I have seen lots of people that have cut off the top of their stock. Has anyone cut off the bottom. I was thinking of doing it but wanted to see if anyone has done it first. I'm not worried about sighting just looks but I dont want the stock to snap in half.

Crazy Cracka
04-09-2007, 02:50 PM
I just cut off the top, but I'm sure the bottom would be just as easy!

Ace24
04-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Mine snapped in half when I dove into a hole and put the stock to my shoulder. It broke off and beamed me in the face. That left a nasty gash for a while.

The reason everyone cuts the top bar off is due to the line up of the mask and the top rail. You cannot look directly down the gun with your mask on unless you do cut the top rail. Bottom rail has no purpose in being cut unless you just want to do it for looks.

If thats the case, why not just buy a MR3 stock?

spyderbite
04-11-2007, 05:24 AM
Cut the top rail off mine and played pretty hard last weekend. Still no problems yet...

Trip
04-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Cut the top rail off mine and played pretty hard last weekend. Still no problems yet...

anyone else had problems? I'm thinking of cutting off the top of my stock, But I Want to know how many of you have done this and had it break on you.

The Booth Man
04-23-2007, 02:13 PM
If thats the case, why not just buy a MR3 stock?

I'm a big fan of the Jet City Specialties Folding Combat Stock.

It gives you excellent mask clearance, and, when folded, is good for closer combat settings.