PDA

View Full Version : Spimmy help

Critical
04-09-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm getting ready to start buying parts for a spimmy build (this should be interesting!) Anyway, I saw this animation on www.intimidatorowners.com (created by invader zim of that site):

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/jeffstory/yaaaaaaaaaaaaytimmayanimationmorefr.gif

Now, I understand everything, except one thing. In a Spyder, there is a valve that is opened and closed by the valve stem being struck by the striker, right? Now, in an Intimidator, there is a poppit connected to the end of the ram sleeve, but how does the high pressure side air get to the upper tube to blow out the bolt, because there isn't a valve?

Oscum Guy
04-09-2007, 03:11 PM
i dont know but the poppet is not connected to the ram sleeve. it is an individual part.

if you have any other q's id be glad to help tho.

Critical
04-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Thanks, I mainly wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing any pieces from the build. It would suck to get everything together, build it, take it out to the closest field (40 minutes away), and have it not do anything 'cause I'm missing one little part.

calebh
04-09-2007, 06:41 PM
well, it would do something. it would spew air out of the barrel, as the poppit keeps the air in, except when depressed by the ram. the high pressure air would also flood the ram sleeve, and i dont think that would be very good for the noid... in any case, it wouldnt do what you want it to do ;)

to answer your question, from what i'm seeing looking at my own parts, the diagram isn't really colored properly. the high pressure air continues into the block/va thing, and into the lpr, the lpr lets out the regulated air into a channel that leads to the hose which goes to the noid.

disclaimer: im not a timmy expert yet. still building my own lol