my dm4

bracer028
04-09-2007, 01:09 PM
let me weigh more options....

i have until june

Backmanshooter
04-09-2007, 01:11 PM
lol well theres plenty of markers out there for 400

new timmys, used dm's/pm's, ions, promasters da da da all those. Rail, mini, fusion etc etc

shunut
04-09-2007, 01:15 PM
I say go with a used Timmy.

bigred76
04-09-2007, 01:18 PM
:yeahthat: You can get an Alias for that much. I'd go for that, personally.

STRIKEFIRST
04-09-2007, 01:25 PM
used timmy or an 05 ego?

marvin-martian
04-09-2007, 03:16 PM
an alias timmy would be a very good pick up.

HelpDeskHustler
04-09-2007, 03:21 PM
you can get a new timmy for that much... atleast i think i saw some for that much

Oscum Guy
04-09-2007, 03:34 PM
a new old timmy.

Abe2112
04-10-2007, 06:21 AM
You can probably buy a decent size bag of M&M's

Maxx-Damage
04-10-2007, 08:24 AM
You can probably buy a decent size bag of M&M's
Sour Patch and Sour Skittles would be better..:p

Id say a PMR or buy another spyder and deck it out with whats left over.

08Lud08
04-10-2007, 12:05 PM
I'd get a Fusion or Timmy. I saw and used the invert mini and wasn't too impressed with it. I like the rail but I wouldn't get one because you have to upgrade it too much to get it how you like it so it comes out over $400.

Backmanshooter
04-10-2007, 12:09 PM
FCP has brand new, but a little older timyms for $400.

xSoulsx
04-10-2007, 02:48 PM
i'm going to give my LP spyder to my cousin...and i'll be getting a new gun

Why do you want to GIVE it up?...Sell It to him so you can get more money and buy a better gunfor more that $400 :cool:

bracer028
04-10-2007, 02:56 PM
its ok...

he's in high school

bigred76
04-10-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm in high school and I had to buy my own gear. I saved my lunch money for months at a time, eating only cup of noodles to stave off the hunger. He can do it too. Heck, even Donald Trump's kids are working their way up from the mail room... why can't your cousin? Free stuff is sweet to get, but it'll instill laziness in such a young mind.

thechubbss12
04-11-2007, 04:07 AM
Give him a walmart gun to start off... Not a high Maintence spyder to toy with....

I love timmys... Probibly one of my favorite feeling markers of all time... But ther are other "higher end" options... Like Rails, Completly maxed out Ions like Taco used to have, Minis, Shockers, 05 Speeds, and G7s for $475....

bracer028
04-11-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm in high school and I had to buy my own gear. I saved my lunch money for months at a time, eating only cup of noodles to stave off the hunger. He can do it too. Heck, even Donald Trump's kids are working their way up from the mail room... why can't your cousin? Free stuff is sweet to get, but it'll instill laziness in such a young mind.

actually i don't believe in what you are saying.

i believe you should be a stepping stone for your kids to grow on. Your kids need what you created so they can actually make themselves better than you. What is the point at starting from square one?

if i want my kids to be president of the united states, i'm not going to have them work at mcdonalds. I'm going to establish a trust fund for them and give them all the luxuries so they won't need to worry about money. Do they get experience from working at a mail room? no, they should strive for something better.

also people who ***** that parents who buy their kids guns are just jealous. you know you want your parents to buy you a gun. Admit it. theres no shame of spoiling your kids when you look at the bigger picture.

Hob Hayward
04-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Well, in line with that, its not right to let them get used to getting free stuff. They'll then have a hard time stepping up to it the task of hard work later in life. Or so is the theory that I've been told of.

I'm like Tim, I have always had to work for my stuff, not because my family doesn't have money, we have plenty of money. It also adds value to something, when you have to work hard for it, you cherish it more, rather than perhaps poorly maintaining something that you got for free, and have the ability to get replaced without issue.

bracer028
04-11-2007, 06:13 PM
what do you guys consider work for a high schooler?

work at mcdonalds or at the mall?

i rather him get an internship or something like that...something wthout pay and focus on other responsibilities. I'm not going to force my kid to work for money at a cheap job to buy paintball parts. I rather give him money to buy the paintball parts as long as he fulfills his other obligations.

Hob Hayward
04-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Well, I used to have a paper route, been wayyyy too busy lately to even attempt to keep it. I do get allowance now though. As soon as I have time (when the sailing season ends, if you could believe its started :p), I should be getting a job at a machine shop near me, hopefully it'll be sick, and it looks nice on college applications (I'm interested in engineering).

You couldn't pay me enough to get me to work at a McDonalds, It'd pwn me before the first day, dunno what there even is to do at the mall, not to mention I haven't got my drivers license yet. In any case, I'd never be stuck working at one of those jobs, any repetition and I go insane...

clickclicksplat
04-12-2007, 10:40 AM
I ref youth ice hockey.

And yeah, my parents have bought me both of my guns as Christmas presents. Does that mean I'm spoiled?