PDA

View Full Version : My dear SOC

TheRedBarron
04-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Due to recent events concerning a few members and their issues with me, I have decided to turn in my resignation of modship, in 24 hours I will no longer be a moderator here on SOC, There are some users who will be rather happy about this, all I can say to them is, you win.

I thank all of you who have befriended me, I thank all of you who have dealt with me, I do not want to go but feel it is best for the forums if I do so, Thank you all for everything that you have done, I doubt that I will continue to frequent the boards but those of you who know how to get ahold of me via AIM can do so

Thank you once again
TRB.

marvin-martian
04-09-2007, 10:29 AM
kusa needs you

TheRedBarron
04-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Some members feel otherwise, I cannot handle the hate mail and the anonymous AIM messages anymore. Marv you are a good guy, and I appreciate the support albeit I cannot continue doing this, I cannot moderate a forum whos users do not respect me.

bamf-hacker
04-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Screw them, just have Marv kick them out of the InterWebz.

Now seriously, Barron, I just sent you an e-mail please reply!!!! We need to talk before you go leaving us, or doing anything stupid.

Hoppy11
04-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Thank god!!! I won't be banned for nonsence reasons anymore. LOL.. just kidding man Ill miss you around here. Although, shouldn't you close your own thread because you don't allow these kinds of threads haha. Later man

Hey, remember. Let Jesus take the wheeeeellllll. :D

Mech Warrior
04-09-2007, 10:59 AM
On another forum I participate in, we refer to this as a "YAGE"....

...Yet Another Grand Exit. :applause:

Moe
04-09-2007, 12:18 PM
April Fools?

I think you should have banned me a few times. thanks for not!

edit: I think you should stop being a mod. Didn't you quit from PBN also?

big_daddy_d
04-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Can't we all just get along? Group Hug come on guys...

Hob Hayward
04-09-2007, 12:25 PM
So... I was right that it wasn't april fools?

Well, hope you the best if you really do leave... T'd be better if you stayed, we'll miss you :(.

durrell
04-09-2007, 12:27 PM
This isn't a mod to mod argument, we all like Matt. We all like each other. This is just the immaturity of users that can't let being banned go finally getting to him. Seems he caught most of the crap no matter who got banned. :down:

We'll miss you buddy. :(

pb34
04-09-2007, 12:32 PM
I respect all the mods. Sad to see the change.

STRIKEFIRST
04-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Is this another joke?

I know I made a nasty remove TRB from office comment...come to find out I bought into the setup of the April make us look like a fool joke.

I retract that statement.

If banned people are harrasing you over breaking rules...should they not be banned for harrasing a mod?

Ironic ain't it?

Moe
04-09-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm still sticking with this being "the big ending to the april fools joke." It totally is...I'm not budging!

Critical
04-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Sounds like they went beyond bannage and started harassing him with AIM and messages and stuff that was off SOC. Too bad, while I was absolutely taken by the mods joke, I think it really sucks, and sets a bad precendent, that a couple of morons can force out a mod if they try hard enough.

bigred76
04-09-2007, 01:13 PM
I don't think it is, Moe... go back to bed. :dodgy:

Sad to see you go, Matt. You were a big part of this forum, and we (well, at least me) will miss you. Best of luck!

shunut
04-09-2007, 01:18 PM
WTF!!! I leave for San Diego and go to my first appointment of the week, come back and see this. You seriously can't leave, I've never known you to be the type of guy to let other people get to you. Hit me up on AIM so I can talk you out of it.

HelpDeskHustler
04-09-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm still sticking with this being "the big ending to the april fools joke." It totally is...I'm not budging!
i'm with moe. shens until the rest of u get owned by their uber prank, then i'll unlock my gates of suspicion.

spitfirocks
04-09-2007, 02:18 PM
sorry to see you leave, you were a good(if not the best) moderator

pb34
04-09-2007, 02:28 PM
i'm with moe. shens until the rest of u get owned by their uber prank, then i'll unlock my gates of suspicion.

Haha, I was thinking that but figured I'd be nice anyway.

HelpDeskHustler
04-09-2007, 02:56 PM
sorry to see you leave, you were a good(if not the best) moderator
he didn't say he was leaving, he said he was unmodding himself.

timmyshoota
04-09-2007, 03:32 PM

I am good friends with Matt, and can tell you its not a joke. We were talking this morning about the controversy surrounding him. He said he was gonna do it, but I strongly urged him to not put in his resignation. I think he's making a mistake, but he's a grown man and its his choice. I said it before and I'll say it again Matt, this isn't the right way to solve your problems.

durrell
04-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Well when you've modded as long as he has and you have been treated with disrespect since day one by some, I'd say it's an easy decision for him to make. Too many people just either don't take him seriously or downright act like pricks to him. This morning, someone went too far and now this happens. It's sad, but I understand his reasoning.

shunut
04-09-2007, 03:56 PM
:yeahthat:

I've seen all the "hate" mail and after seeing the conversations that went on this morning, I can't say I blame him either. It makes me sad because I know Matt and have made pretty good friends with him. I don't know why people would say the stuff they have said to him. From my point of view, bottomline, you don't like this forum or they way its run, take a hike, we aren't forcing you to stay here. I really, really wish you would reconsider, and respond to my PMs, IMs and/or emails.

Moe
04-09-2007, 04:33 PM
I still have to call shens, sorry.

HelpDeskHustler
04-09-2007, 04:56 PM
I still have to call shens, sorry.
notice the approach, all mods insist it's true, and one OS member is used to "back up the story" same as last time.

killerpinecone
04-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Well last week or so i admit i was dawging TRB pretty hard for the disrespect of our other moderators. If i am one of the members that bothered you, I AM TRULY SORRY, i know i owe you an apology, this is not a reason to abort your modship.

timmyshoota
04-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Believe what you want clausy, but I've been witness to some of the abuses Matt has had to deal with. I've even been witness to racial comments. There's a point where its gone too far, and Matt believes its gotten to that point. Of course its gonna be OS members and Mods backing him up, we are the ones who know him the best.

xsgmike66x
04-09-2007, 05:32 PM
yea i cant belive this...

realtreeghost
04-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Backmanshooter
And his wasnt?

No his wasn't, it was simply to inform the thread starter that this topic has already been discussed and if he would like to discus it further he can find the thread on his own and ask a Q about it.

I do not know what gave everyone on the forums the idea that this is PBN, it is not, here we help users who ask questions, not flame them, or make a mockery of them, or even patronize them. Lately that is all a few of you members have been doing and I am telling you all now, if that continues you may see termination of your membership without much warning, public warnings count as warnings as well. Just a heads up.

Like Dan said no more posting in this thread.

Matt, you can't leave. We need mods willing to say stuff like the above quote by you up there.

calebh
04-09-2007, 05:51 PM
pinecone, last week was a joke. go easy on yourself.

TRB, i'm sure you'll understand if we're a bit suspicious, given the recent april fools joke attempt. i sure am. but if this is for real, i wish you the best. i've never had a problem with the mods here (ok, there was once or twice), and thought you guys have been doing a great job.

so shens, but if not, good luck with life :)

killerpinecone
04-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Hmmm, tv dinner

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j288/killerpinecone/Wow009.jpg

vwjimmy
04-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Matt. It is hard to tell wheather you PH guys are full of it or not these days but all I can say is: HELL NO, DONT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your are a great guy even if you might beat me up some day! ;)
Anyway, stick around and ban everyone who says otherwise....
(If you guys are up to it again, well, got me again)

Moe
04-09-2007, 07:11 PM
I think that I would do just about anything for any one of those guys in the backroom, always have, always will, that is what makes us a good team. And that is why you guys would have gotten pwned with this april fools joke.

quoted out of the april fools joke thread.

hmmmm, anything huh? dum dum duuuuuuuuum. I smell something fishy. And it't not dre.

bigred76
04-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Guys, Matt says it's true, so I believe him. Ye of so little faith... when he says he's not pulling a prank, he's not pulling a prank. It's not April First anymore... I don't know if he'd stay around if he was demodded, but I seriously doubt it.

vikingshadow
04-10-2007, 05:08 AM
Wow - I've been gone for a bit, only making a few posts to make sure I still show a presence, but, wow! Quite honestly, I'm pissed. VERY pissed, and since I'm home with sick kids and sick myself, I won't be held responsible for what happens....

I have to say, I read all the stuff that was said to Matt, and I can guarantee that you'll notice some changes REAL soon. I understand what he's talking about - we both became mods at the same time, and some turds in the toilet do cause some clogs from time to time - it's tough to take, especially when the REAL world annoys us and gets us down, you come to your favorite forum and then we get attacked here as well by people who don't realize it's a PRIVILEGE to be here and not a right. When will people understand that?

Right now, I'm so hacked off that it's very tempting to ban the whole lot of those doing this crap and then join Matt in unmodding myself. Seriously. There are a group of people who think they can do a better job than we can, when they can't even control themselves. We do this job, (before you start, it IS a job constantly monitoring threads and putting out little fires here and there all the time,) without pay and without respect most of the time and we don't even ask for anything in return - we do it because we love this place and enjoy helping those who need it.

Since the new forums came online, there's been this BS PBnation mentality here, and quite honestly, I get all the **** I can handle from my real job without dealing with the same **** on this forum. Personally, all you jokers that used to complain about how it was here before, I'm starting to agree with you.

For those of you questioning the truthfulness of this, when we started this prank a few weeks ago, everything was great. However, it's a lot of crap that he's gotten SINCE the prank that pisses me off and makes me understand why he's doing what he's doing. I'd have left last week, for sure!

Matt - I've told you before and I'll say it in public now. I don't want you to go. Period. We can handle these jokers. However, as Chris said, you're a grown man and I understand the stress you're talking about. We've been friends for quite awhile now, and I'll be there for you no matter what you do.

HelpDeskHustler
04-10-2007, 05:16 AM
I'm calling shens because the ratio of good mods to hooligans is massively higher than it is on the nation, and TRB just doesn't seem like the guy who is going to be pushed around by a bunch of 12 year olds. That just doesn't add up.

Drefish99
04-10-2007, 05:34 AM
If I have learned anything about the internet it is this. Grow a thick skin cuz a lot of people hide behind their computers. Hope you rethink your decision. Good luck with your future endeavors and it has been a pleasure moderating beside you.

STRIKEFIRST
04-10-2007, 06:03 AM
To those mods who defend the SOC...you all who have read the crap TRB has been getting, if it's that bad or that consistant, shouldn't IP blocking be taken into consideration?

I would hate to see the "Mod defenders of the faith" disband...most of us come here because PBN is irritating as all get out and some of the people talking trash about being a mod here I beleive have a PBN mentality.

You're forcing me to get ugly here...

So come on guys...take off the Huggies...swing the permanent ban stick and set things right!

bamf-hacker
04-10-2007, 06:38 AM
We cant wear Huggies. Not enough room up front if you know what I mean ;) One of the other Mod requirements.

Barron told me what was said and I am shocked. Matt, I hope you take my advise to heart and stay. Either way I will still be in touch with you.

Drefish99
04-10-2007, 06:59 AM
To those mods who defend the SOC...you all who have read the crap TRB has been getting, if it's that bad or that consistant, shouldn't IP blocking be taken into consideration?

I would hate to see the "Mod defenders of the faith" disband...most of us come here because PBN is irritating as all get out and some of the people talking trash about being a mod here I beleive have a PBN mentality.

You're forcing me to get ugly here...

So come on guys...take off the Huggies...swing the permanent ban stick and set things right!

A case is starting with the defenders. We have to justify our actions so as people won't complain to the higher ups. In due time action will be taken. As to TRB sometimes you just need to get away to recharge. Hopefully he will take my suggestion and just take a break for a bit.

STRIKEFIRST
04-10-2007, 07:07 AM
We cant wear Huggies. Not enough room up front if you know what I mean ;) One of the other Mod requirements.

Barron told me what was said and I am shocked. Matt, I hope you take my advise to heart and stay. Either way I will still be in touch with you.

I had to through some humor in it!

A case is starting with the defenders. We have to justify our actions so as people won't complain to the higher ups. In due time action will be taken. As to TRB sometimes you just need to get away to recharge. Hopefully he will take my suggestion and just take a break for a bit.

Nice. Now all we need is someone to lock TRB in a closet till the axe falls.

kidonfire
04-10-2007, 12:44 PM
I gotta go with HDH/claus and Moe on this one. It looks a little too familiar.

Theheroguy
04-10-2007, 12:52 PM
don't go even though some may think so I don't hate the mods and would be said to see you go to being unmodded

leed
04-10-2007, 12:54 PM
:bawling:

:(

TheRedBarron
04-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Well thank you all for your kind words, albeit my mind has not been changed, I cannot sit here and be the butt end of each thing that goes wrong here, I cannot keep receiving hate mail and malicous AIM messages from unknown users.

To those who think this is fake, I suppose you will be mistaken as soon as an Admin gets online to take my mod power away from me. I am sorry that you guys cannot take me seriously, I guess I had that coming with the previous jokes we tried to pull.

Thank you once again, chances are this will be my last post as a mod here on SOC, it was a nice run.

Theheroguy
04-10-2007, 05:31 PM
hate mail that is going waytoo far ppl need to grow upthat is some serious stuff

mv540
04-10-2007, 05:40 PM
:(

Maxx-Damage
04-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Well thank you all for your kind words, albeit my mind has not been changed, I cannot sit here and be the butt end of each thing that goes wrong here, I cannot keep receiving hate mail and malicous AIM messages from unknown users.

To those who think this is fake, I suppose you will be mistaken as soon as an Admin gets online to take my mod power away from me. I am sorry that you guys cannot take me seriously, I guess I had that coming with the previous jokes we tried to pull.

Thank you once again, chances are this will be my last post as a mod here on SOC, it was a nice run.
So if this goes threw, who gets 1st dibs on the TRB mod powers?:confused:

HelpDeskHustler
04-10-2007, 06:43 PM
24 hours? ahem

TheRedBarron
04-10-2007, 07:12 PM
24 hours? ahem
I do not know if you read my previous post, the resignation went in yesterday, there is a 24 hour processing time, but an admin needs to drop the final hammer, no admins have been online to do so.

durrell
04-10-2007, 07:15 PM

That's simple. All applicants will be thrown into a cage and the last man standing gets the job. :thumbup:

Moe
04-10-2007, 07:20 PM
soooo. I do feel bad. But I still have to call shens. I think I will continue to call shens until like....atleast a month after you are unmodded.

Either way, sucks you are going. Don't take my shens as a hit towards your dignity. TBR for admin!

ZOMG, I have solved the shens! TBR is going to become an admin?

vwjimmy
04-10-2007, 07:30 PM
That's simple. All applicants will be thrown into a cage and the last man standing gets the job. :thumbup:
*Note to self to send admin generous donation for website*
:p
On a serious note, this situation still bites bigtime......:(
TRB For President

shunut
04-10-2007, 07:30 PM
As far as I've heard he is not going to be admin or super mod. Just simply stepping down.

kidonfire
04-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Can we bring friends to help? Then I bring Chuck Norris :D. I win :thewave:

Seriously on the Barron stepping down part, I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything but I'm just a little suspicious.

bigred76
04-10-2007, 10:16 PM
I would be too, but this is Matt we are talking about. When I asked about the prank, he was truthful, if a bit-sidesteppish. In this case, he told me right out that he was stepping down. That is enough for me, and should be for the rest of you.

As to Hopps request, can I bring in my army of ninjas? Or what about my bazooka? I promise I'll clean up after I blow 'em apart, too. ;)

Maxx-Damage
04-11-2007, 07:10 AM
I call Dr phil and Michael jackson, i doubt anyone would touch MJ............and any Video games people i call the Master cheif also.

So hes just being demodded, i wonder when the world will implode?

HelpDeskHustler
04-11-2007, 10:14 AM
i was jk bout teh shens... plz don't go, these other mods are nubs :praying:

STRIKEFIRST
04-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Yall are some cold blooded mugs...His chair isn't even cold yet...talk about disrespect.

vikingshadow
04-11-2007, 12:16 PM
plz don't go, these other mods are nubs :praying:

nubs with ban sticks and a serious attitude problem right now.

big_daddy_d
04-11-2007, 12:31 PM
There are no "dibs" it's whover the *$#%^ the admins deem can handle the freakin job maturely. Anyone jumping up and down screaming pick me pick me should immediately be scratched from contention IMO, also in all places this thread... WTF...

Moe
04-11-2007, 01:42 PM
There are no "dibs" it's whover the *$#%^ the admins deem can handle the freakin job maturely. Anyone jumping up and down screaming pick me pick me should immediately be scratched from contention IMO, also in all places this thread... WTF...

coooooool it?

zomg don't go who will eraser all my useless posts when I am drunk?

MadMan66
04-11-2007, 06:18 PM

in that case, druid will win.

and as for TRB, sorry to see you go :(

marvin-martian
04-11-2007, 07:02 PM
you people jumping up and down about taking his spot are among the most disrespectful little kids i have seen/heard. have some ****ing courtesy, because youre offending more people than just him.

congrats on your new-found immaturity.

Moe
04-11-2007, 10:16 PM
duuuuude don't be leavin! I'm drunk, I'm going to post naughty stuff everywhere!(justkidding) But, what if i did! You must be here to protect the young eyes from my drunken torment! DON"T LEAVE US!

bigred76
04-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Dang Marv and BigDaddy... In a situation like this, you need to bring a little humor into the mix. Some overstepped, but those some can also be ignored. If you're offended by them and can't put it in something other than an incoherent "*$#%^," you obviously need to realize that you are not in the right mindset to post.

HelpDeskHustler
04-12-2007, 03:37 AM
in that case, druid will win.

and as for TRB, sorry to see you go :(
if i recall druid has been in trouble for spamming.

Maxx-Damage
04-12-2007, 07:01 AM
To defend my self, i was just asking who will be the next "new mod" or if their just gonna be one short. Dont get all upset, TRB isnt going away, just the holyness of banning everyone.

Moe
04-12-2007, 07:24 AM
It will definitely be me, so everyone can just stop arguing about it.

STRIKEFIRST
04-12-2007, 07:43 AM
It will definitely be me, so everyone can just stop arguing about it.

It shouldn't even be discussed.

Yall want to be mod that bad...start your own forum. (and yes Moe I know your kidding)

BACK ON TOPIC

TRB how about just a liitle break from mod ship and clear the head?

.21'[~tw!tch*
04-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Well I'm glad I made it back before you go. You was cool with me TRB.
I personally would go On a hacking frenzie or just block stupid people on aim etc. Or just have fun with them =D .
Most people give up after I say kitten? like 3,532 times. It's like a small moderate slap to a face of a spammer. lol.

I personally Vote TRB stay but Im a nobody on here. and do wut ever makes you happy man.
Good luck and Have Fun.

.;p3ace:.

DFSniper
04-15-2007, 09:00 AM
wow, im gone for a week and things start to fall apart...

sorry to see the modship go...

Moe
04-15-2007, 12:06 PM
soooooooooooo.......

HelpDeskHustler
04-15-2007, 12:36 PM
wait another 15+ days for may fools.

shunut
04-15-2007, 05:08 PM
We are still trying to talk him into staying. Supers and Admins have not accepted his resignation, we'll see what happens.

STRIKEFIRST
04-16-2007, 08:24 AM
Rough him up shu!

Beat him into submission!

vikingshadow
04-16-2007, 01:23 PM
I find it interesting that none of the people pulling the stunts responsible for this thread that were mentioned in the first place are posting in this thread.

Guess no one want's to man up in public....hmmmmm.

We're still trying to get him to stay. TRB is a stubborn man!

Hoppy11
04-16-2007, 01:27 PM
He did post today.. you guys must be getting through!

Of course they don't do it public.. thats why they will go behind the computer screen and say it.. Although I guess they would be behind a computer screen here too.