PDA

View Full Version : upgradeing questions?

spyderpilotacs05
04-09-2007, 10:33 AM
i have a spyder pilot acs and i want to get more into speed ball. I am wondering if i should get the vs2. I dont have any compressed air/hpa/or nitro tanks and i was wondering if i should bother with it or just stick with the gun i have? What are your thoughts?

Backmanshooter
04-09-2007, 10:39 AM
I'd stick with the marker you got now since you dont have a hpa tank, unless you have the $$ to buy both VS2/3 and a hpa tank.

cnizz
04-09-2007, 10:42 AM
yea, you're lookin at dropping some money for a new setup. If you have the money go for it otherwise why not wait

spyderpilotacs05
04-09-2007, 10:57 AM
i will have the $ but i was wondering if it was worth it because i have 3 20 oz co2 tanks and my parents are like "why do you need this, whats it for, dont spend your money like this, your waisting your time, havent you spent enough" i love paintball and i wanted to get more in it and i know that the vs2 cant use co2 so all the tanks i already bought would be used for the back up. If i did buy it which would i buy first the gun or the tank, how many and what size tank would i need?

PBBLITZ
04-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Wel the pilot's an alrite marker and since u have so many co2 canisters i suggest u look into upgrading the pilot. If u hav the $ tho then just buy both the VS2 and HPA tank at the same time. A cheap budget tank is a 48cu/3000psi which yields 500+shots but if u want a bigger tank i suggest a 68cu/4500+ which yields 1100+shots. Obviously the price difference is huge but then again, ive always found its bettr to make a gd investment early than having to change from an ok product to a bettr one. Then u can keep the pilot for backup and sell 2 co2 canisters to make som mony bac if ya want. At the end of the day though, its all up to personal prefference so just look around for gd deals and ask urself wheter its worth it. Keep that in mind and u'll make a gd decision uu wont regret :)

spyderpilotacs05
04-09-2007, 11:13 AM
thanks!

clickclicksplat
04-09-2007, 12:20 PM
If you do decide to upgrade, I'd recommend getting the HPA tank first, because you can use that with your pilot until you get the funds for the VS. Whereas if you buy the VS first, it would just sit around until you got hold of an HPA tank.

spyderpilotacs05
04-09-2007, 12:24 PM
good idea i will look into that

STRIKEFIRST
04-09-2007, 01:54 PM
I've spent $560 on my pilot (including the gun, not including hopper or barrel)

She definetly rips...but I could have picked up a VS2, HPA and a vlocity loader and had cash left.

But it was a fun project!

cnizz
04-09-2007, 02:03 PM
If I were you then I would deff pick up a decent size tank first so then when/if you get the VS2, you're ready to rock.

PBBLITZ
04-09-2007, 04:14 PM
lol....yeh, shld hav mentioned that....soz! wasnt thinking along those lines at the time. If u cant afford both then defo go for the tank first as, lik others have said, u'll still b able to operate ur pilot and wen u do get the VS then u'll be all set! hehe.....silly me