PDA

View Full Version : Paintballs????

joeg67
04-08-2007, 02:21 PM
My son just received his first gun "pilot" and I'm wondering whats recommended in the Pilot for paintballs....thanks

ross * pilot
04-08-2007, 03:05 PM
For a stock pilot, since its a high pressure gun, i would recommend a thicker shelled paintball like draxxus recsport, draxxus midnight, or if hes a speedball player, xball bronze. Anything made by draxxus is good stuff, besides xball gold or silver because its too thin of a shell for a stock pilot, the high pressure would most likely chop it.

Myself personally have had luck with Nelson Nel-splat and Draxxus Dusk paint. Those are just some suggestions.

shunut
04-08-2007, 03:53 PM
The type of paint you use is highly influenced by your bare bore. You need to make sure you have a good match. Check out Otter's site for barrel bore sizes and paintball sizes so you can get a good match.

Personally my favorite paint is Marballizers but for the money XBall Bronze is awesome.

Barrel Bore Chart (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/barrelc.html)
Paint Size Chart (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/paintc.html)

joeg67
04-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks....I should be able to find these at my local paintball shops...

Pwgsx
04-08-2007, 04:32 PM
I like Marballizers too but If you drop the pressure a bit you will have a less chance on breaking a ball. Hitting the ball with 800psi increases the chance of ball breaking. Thicker shell paint you will see less of this but then may not break on target.
If you want a semi good reg. to drop the pressure a bit, let me know, I got one for sale.

bamf-hacker
04-09-2007, 05:43 AM
if you want a semi good reg. to drop the pressure a bit, let me know, I got one for sale.

Please don't pawn your stuff in other people's threads. Use PM's.

BACK ON TOPIC.

Follow Shunut's advise and read up on Otter's site. Then come back here and do a search for "paintballs" and you will few threads already on the topic.

joeg67
04-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks...will do