PDA

View Full Version : halo help

08Lud08
04-07-2007, 10:29 PM
My halo keeps jamming whenever there is paintballs on the cone. I put a pod in and the halo goes into jam sequence after feeding about 7 balls but when I fill the cone and tilt the hopper so only about 30 balls are on the cone I get no jams. Do you think its the board that keeps making it go into jam sequence even though I have no jam. I put new batteries, and tried with the spring, without it, with the beads, and without it. It seems to me that the balls are too heavy for the motor to turn the cone causing the jam sequence.

Should I try a new board?

ProFalcon
04-07-2007, 10:54 PM
you could try some of the various mods out there and see if that does anything...

08Lud08
04-08-2007, 08:10 AM
what type of mod do you think will help.

Hob Hayward
04-08-2007, 08:15 AM
You still have the stock board? Is the motor drivetrain modded at all (speed wheel or something else)?

08Lud08
04-08-2007, 09:17 AM
I just looked at it again its the cone. it only has 3 paddles so the balls on top keep rolling over and where there is a gap it falls halfway jams in front of the beads. I had a shocktech spring and that made it worse because it was the same length as the beads and it would make the same jams. so I think I'm gonna get a new cone and the halo spring cause its shorter.

xSoulsx
04-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Clean off the eyes of the hopper...Some paint or a shell of a paintball could have gotten in the eyess...

Edit: I had the same problem ... You said that the paint is to heavy for the motor... I think you would have to have a really big load of paint to stop the thing from spinning... Also If the motor is stopped it will kinda push untill the paintballs go down... And if they don't go down it will stop and the light will start flashing red and green.

08Lud08
04-08-2007, 12:31 PM
no I figured that when the hopper is full that the paint on top of the beads would fall into the space really fast where a ball was just feed causing a jam but when I could turn the rip drive so easily because the ball was only halfway down and when I turned it the ball just went down or popped up.