PDA

View Full Version : New format of playin?

mv540
04-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Just I want to see what's your opinion about this "new format" or way of playin it. Me personally, don't liky.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MW6rhNI_EnY

spyderaron
04-07-2007, 06:22 PM
They're trying to kill paintball, at least speedball. I don't like it.

bigred76
04-07-2007, 06:23 PM
:yeahthat: That "Evan Money" is an absolute idiot. This form of paintball takes almost everything out of the game, except the shooting. If he could take that out too, I bet he would.

Critical
04-07-2007, 06:40 PM
I don't even play that much speedball. Either someone removed half my brain, or it's just that I actually play paintball, but that seemed very confusing to watch. Also, seemed boring and pointless, much like every other professional sport out there that they're trying to be like.

vikingshadow
04-07-2007, 06:50 PM
yech.

Oscum Guy
04-07-2007, 06:51 PM
yeah, its really gay. that guy was really annoying.

HelpDeskHustler
04-07-2007, 07:04 PM
if i made up some paintball game type i would make the field way bigger and more about the flag, in current games you can shoot pretty much from one side to another, but realestate becomes more critical when you CANT hit it.

colonel_moo
04-07-2007, 07:45 PM
it doesnt look that fun to play, but they did hit on some valid points, and explains why paintball really cant be televised. with some modifications i can see this actually being used. it needs a bigger field, more players and more spaced out bunkers. i dont like the line of possession idea either. plus moneyball sounds absolutely rediculous.

bigred76
04-07-2007, 08:46 PM
yech.
Wow.... Vike's shortest post ever! :)

Good point Claus, it'd be interesting to see that tried, but I do not think it would work much better than this "Moneyball." As far as the name for this "game" (if you could call it that) being redic, look at who it's named after. ;)

08Lud08
04-07-2007, 09:21 PM
that makes the game have no skill you could even cheat and just hide behind a bunker and aim for the flag. To me that makes paintball boring and even harder to watch, all you see is the flag grab and someone running.

Critical
04-08-2007, 02:32 AM
I figure they called it moneyball because they think they've figured out how to make money off of it, not just the complete idiot on the video (has he ever played paintball?)

thechubbss12
04-08-2007, 06:02 AM
EHhh. Potential to be revolutiuonary.... But then again most potential is lost in translation....

Atleast its something new...

Maxx-Damage
04-08-2007, 06:14 AM
I hate it, that guys made me mad before the first 30secs.

Hob Hayward
04-08-2007, 06:57 AM
Has some potential, looks too easy for the offense to win...

Though, not focused on any shooting anymore, I mean, in their game, not a single person was shown being elim'ed by a hit.

I think, get rid of the line of scrimmage thing and it'd be better.

yod3r
04-08-2007, 07:02 AM
I think, get rid of the line of scrimmage thing and it'd be better.

:yeahthat:

STRIKEFIRST
04-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Wow! You could use water balloons instead of paint guns!

E MONEY YOU IDIOT...YOU JUST PROPOSED TAKING GUN FIGHTS OUT OF PAINTBALL...WITHOUT GUNS THERE IS NO PAINTBALL!

Oh wait I'm sorry, they did have guns! They used them for sound effects!

whistle, pop, pop,pop,popopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopopo, whistle.

What a savings on paint :dodgy:

HelpDeskHustler
04-08-2007, 08:17 AM
i think you guys mean getting rid of the line of elimination.

line of scrimmage seems fine

Hob Hayward
04-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Yeah, line of elim I guess...

cnizz
04-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Seems like all the money you put into your markers is a waste when you don't have to shoot anyone. I guess I'm goin to have to start investing in some high tech Nike's or other revolutionary sneakers to eliminate players. I don't like this proposal for the new way to play

marvin-martian
04-08-2007, 09:17 AM
this is not going to go anywhere. nobody in the paintball community will like it at all.

calebh
04-08-2007, 09:57 AM
cheesy smiles ftw!

misspellings ftw!

staged paintball ftw!

:dodgy:

the video is obviously just a demostration. at least, i hope it is. i think a real "moneyball" game will be much larger. it has some potential, but it still needs some work i think. and a new name

Hob Hayward
04-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Definitely. I'd be interested to try playing at least once.

marvin-martian
04-08-2007, 10:14 AM
the game lasted like 10 seconds...

Backmanshooter
04-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Thats like football with paintball markers. Everyone would do run throughs to win.

It sucks.

Theheroguy
04-08-2007, 01:27 PM
qft
line of elimination things is ftl

HelpDeskHustler
04-08-2007, 03:54 PM
moneyball could be decent if:

1.they got a new spokesman
2.they got a new name
3.they made the line of elimination be the farthest player back on the offense team
4. 10man game
5. field the size of a football field
6. wide, medium hieght bunkers in the back, with lots of room.
7. tall overpowering bunkers on one side of the middle (like the x and big cylnders)
8. massive half field "snake" area opposite of the massive bunkers
9. open space with centerflag and 2 bunkers in the middle

this would promote a ton of movement, prevent overusage of laning
and still keep the games longer than 10 seconds. but logistically, all of that is super expensive to do, meaning it could probibly ONLY done in pros.

realtreeghost
04-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Seems like the type of thing now that has come up in pro bassfishing that could possibly ruin that. It isn't quite as bad as the WHA.

Jack In The Box
04-09-2007, 08:13 AM
I agree with most of you. The concept, although it has potential, if a lot more thought was put into it, to really go somewhere. Having said that, could they have possibly picked a worse person to promote this?!?! The last thing any real baller wants to see is this Evan Money. I mean seriously.

I know that in order to make paintball a full on spectator sport, they (they being the person/s who will profit from it) are trying to follow suit with every other pro sport and because of that "they" think it has to have a focal point, (ball, flag, whatever). In my opinion, this is just plan idiotic. Paintball is not, and never will be, just like all the other pro sports, for much more obvious and overlooked reasons. A). You cant grab all your gear and a paintball off of your closet shelf and head down to the local public park to pitch a few shots with your buddy. At least not without breaking the law. B).The gear is not endless, you have to resupply your paintballs, (I know reball has made that better, but even they get lost) and get your tanks refilled. Not everyone is going to carry a Co2 cannister in there trunk and/or an air compressor. C). There is too much involved with safety in paintball. If you get hit in the eye with a football or baseball, 90% of the time the worst you will get is a black eye, not lose one.

These are just a few of the reasons why it will never be like all the other pro sports. And to be honest, the old addage, (If it aint broke, dont fix it.), I would love for that to apply to this situation.

Having said all of that, I will be able to give a full description of this moneyball due to the fact that the Spyder cup seems to be set up just like this. Very minor differences, but the same basis. After the first event, I will be able to give a hands on description of what the actual game play is.

spyderpaintball
04-09-2007, 10:15 AM
I actually believe that the format will promote the exact opposite of what that fool is proposing. The games will become defensive stalemates. You will see players lock down the field much like you see a team down on bodies does. The second thing is the "line of elimination" punishes agressive behavior. You will see less teams push the 50 becuase of the potential for easy elimination.

Overall he hit a few good points about paintball and why it wont be televised but "Moneyball" is one of the worst formats that could be thought of.