PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy an Impulse?

Xecutiv3
01-24-2006, 03:03 PM
I need a backup gun for my T1 even tho it hasnt given me any problems yet, but from all the Nation threads i read about T1's, it will. I found this NEW Non-vision SP Impulse for $199, with a 12" Progressive barrel.
My questions are:
Is it a reliable gun?
Is it good for the money? (Given that its blind)

geeZus
01-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Meh, its an Imp. Its big, its bulky, its outdated.

Progressives are stock barrels. An Ion would be 1000000000000x better and would probably replace your T1, since its better.

phatphil
01-24-2006, 03:12 PM
G hit the big points. - Bulky - Heavy - Old

Not to mention the resale (or lack thereof) that Imp's are getting now, you are much better off picking up an Ion.

DexGtr
01-24-2006, 03:19 PM
Imps died when the Ion came out.

spydr
01-24-2006, 03:50 PM
they are good guns though when you upgrad them,so if you dont mind having a semi outdated gun go for it.

TacTownKilla
01-24-2006, 04:15 PM
im gonna take the other side since other people havent...

I would think about buying a imp now as a back up just for the resale valve alone. With resale being so bad for the imp as it is now, its possible to find a nice upgraded imp with board,barrel,feedneck,pl body, etc for a decent price. For 300 dollars that you would spend on a ion with the ups that are pretty much needed, you could buy a very nice shooting imp. Not to mention that everyone has a ion now a days...But hey stock ions and protos are the same right? (kusa chat joke)

geeZus
01-24-2006, 04:22 PM
He wants a stock non-vision Imp for $200. He said nothing about buying an upgraded one for cheap. Thats different.

DRAGON
01-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Hmmmmm.....my Imp has:

Muti -Mode Functionality or Semi-Auto Only
Semi-Automatic Mode
3 Round Burst Mode
6 Round Burst Mode
Full-Automatic Mode
Safe/Edit Mode

Adjustable Rate of Fire
Ranges Between 1 and 30 Balls per Second - Affects All Firing Modes

Expanded Dwell Range
Ranges Between 1 and 20 Milliseconds
Adjustable in 0.25 Millisecond Increments

Adjustable Trigger Bounce Timer
Ranges Between 1 and 30 Milliseconds
Adjustable in .5 Millisecond Increments

1 Shot Buffer
Stores a single trigger pull up to 1/2 second before it is discarded

Faster Vision Eye Logic
Auto-calibration feature
Manually adjustable

As you can see, it's a bit outdated by the newer ramping type of markers, or is it? :smirk: -

My Imp weighs 3.25lbs, just 4oz more than my Imagine......imagine that. If you're a tiny guy with thin arms I must admit, maybe something a bit lighter may a better choice -

Reliable? Absolutely.....I have yet to play a game with mine where it just didn't flawlessly shoot too much paint -

$199 aint too bad but I would get a different barrel -

Blind? It would work as well as any other marker that did not have ACE. If it cannot be fed at the rate your fingers are going, there is a chance of chopping. For an additional $59, I can hook you up with someone that will take your blind Imp and install an eye and all of the enhanced software stated above -

I would not trade my Imp for 2 Ions. No sense in downgrading. The Ion is a toy, the Imp is a legend - :D

Xecutiv3
01-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Dragon, I dont know how you did it, but you sold me on the idea. If i got an Ion, I'd swap out everything except the internals, at least with the Impulse, all i need to change is the frame, feed neck, barrel, maybe reg, board, and trigger... thats like $400, but the Ion would require $500-600. No offense to the others, but the Ion is a dime a dozen, thanx all

TacTownKilla
01-24-2006, 06:05 PM
He wants a stock non-vision Imp for $200. He said nothing about buying an upgraded one for cheap. Thats different.

My fault i didnt read it in detail that much, but yea buy used man. For 200 bucks you could buy a sick imp.

DRAGON
01-24-2006, 06:30 PM
..........at least with the Impulse, all i need to change is the frame, feed neck, barrel, maybe reg, board, and trigger...

Woah wait, all that's not necessary. Reg is excellent.....$59 for ECSing the board w/an eye......Trigger is a deffinite need from stock.........trigger frame is fine. With some fine tuning it can rip just as well as any other aftermarket frame.....feedneck and barrel are preference. I have used the high neck for quite some time and it's OK. It leaves a nice tall stack of balls ready for the breech. I just got a free CCM feedneck and will be changing it shortly though. If you need any info, throw me a PM. I can pretty much tell you anything you might be wondering about -

geeZus
01-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Dragon, I dont know how you did it, but you sold me on the idea. If i got an Ion, I'd swap out everything except the internals, at least with the Impulse, all i need to change is the frame, feed neck, barrel, maybe reg, board, and trigger... thats like $400, but the Ion would require $500-600. No offense to the others, but the Ion is a dime a dozen, thanx all
How do you figure all this? You would need to change out the same things on the Ion. No one says you need a new body, the stock one is just fine. You don't need a new frame, the stock one is fine. Other than that, you have to swap out the same parts you listed for the Imp. You wouldn't need a new board for the Ion really, unless you need NXL mode :dodgy:. Feedneck works with all hoppers, but I'd change it. Ions are a dime a dozen because they are a good marker for the money. I had a bone stock Ion, with the exception of a new feedneck, and it was a nice backup. I would of gotten a barrel for it, had I kept it and left it stock otherwise.

DexGtr
01-25-2006, 04:31 AM
No offense to the others, but the Ion is a dime a dozen, thanx all

and Imps are not? :confused: :p but basically it's your choice...and were just giving options, it's upto you o act on them.

Xecutiv3
01-25-2006, 06:29 PM
I'll probably buy the new one i saw at the store. I thought it over, and all I really wanna do is to swap out the trigger and put on an OTB frame (It will make it taller, but it makes it look awesome). Seeing as i stick to Semi Auto most of the time, all I'll need is a light trigger. Theres no real need for me to drop massive amounts of cash on a bells and whistles

DRAGON
01-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Try the OTB before you buy. I really didn't like the feel of the plastic trigger thingy but that's my preference and not yours of course. Regardless, try it first before dedicating the extra cash. I-frames are much better IMHO.