PDA

View Full Version : I just can't help myself

timmyshoota
04-05-2007, 04:07 PM
SL66 be gone. Next up is this jank.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/chakazulu/paintball%20things/rapper.jpg

Bone stock with a Pillow Bolt. Soon to come is a Tadao M8 board. I dunno why I got rid of my first Marq to begin with. I wasn't really happy with the SL66 I got. It was pretty and shot decent, but nothing else really shoots as nice as my last Marq did, so I went back. I expect to keep this one for atleast a month before its gone, but who knows.

Oscum Guy
04-05-2007, 04:12 PM
nice. marqz def gots teh lueks. lolz.

btw, stupid question, but what is the pillow bolt and what does it do?

hows that reg attached also?

timmyshoota
04-05-2007, 04:17 PM
The reg screws into the body. The pillow bolt is kinda like a Angel soft face bolt. Its basically a bolt, with a rubber piece in the middle of it to pad the ball so that it doesn't break it when the bolt makes contact with the ball.

www.boblongdirect.com Look it up under Marker Accessories.

Oscum Guy
04-05-2007, 04:18 PM
hmmm... not sure about that concept. but if it works then good. if your set at the right psi and crap, and have good paint, the balls shouldnt break anyway.

Do they use it because the marqs have a tendency to break alot of paint without it?

they make an ion pillow bolt. me no like.

timmyshoota
04-05-2007, 04:21 PM
hmmm... not sure about that concept. but if it works then good. if your set at the right psi and crap the balls shouldnt break anyway.
It works. The old bolt style, the face wasn't open, so it was a solid piece of aluminum smacking the ball. I never had an issue with breaks, but some people did.

Oscum Guy
04-05-2007, 04:22 PM
they should use delrin.

timmyshoota
04-05-2007, 04:23 PM
they should use delrin.
The pillow bolt is. First run of the stock bolt was aluminum, then the first run of Pillow's were too. After that they switched to delrin, and the pillow bolt is now stock.

Oscum Guy
04-05-2007, 04:25 PM
delrin solves everything.

ross * pilot
04-05-2007, 05:27 PM
nice timmy. Vid!

timmyshoota
04-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Not a Timmy. ;) Vid is a maybe, but unlikely, since I don't have a video camera.

HelpDeskHustler
04-06-2007, 04:42 AM
not bad, what is that? a rapper?

ross * pilot
04-06-2007, 04:56 AM
lol, sorry if i got you confused, i was talking about your name.

Oscum Guy
04-06-2007, 05:18 AM
How would you compare the newer timmy performance to the marq's performance.

mainly i just wanna know if this or the new ripper 3 is better.

dude, you should get the new bob long asa and thin grips. that would make this thing look pimptastic. lol.

not bad, what is that? a rapper?
yes it is a rapper. the milling is different on the other marq. this one is cooler tho.

timmyshoota
04-06-2007, 06:06 AM
How would you compare the newer timmy performance to the marq's performance.

mainly i just wanna know if this or the new ripper 3 is better.

dude, you should get the new bob long asa and thin grips. that would make this thing look pimptastic. lol.

Gen4 Timmys suck IMO. The Alias platform was the perfect design. I had both an Empire2 and a Marq6 a couple months ago, and I preferred the Marq6 by a lot.

Won't be getting a new ASA, as I like the standard one it comes with. On/offs are teh suck. I'll probably get new grips eventually, but I need a Tadao board first.

HelpDeskHustler
04-06-2007, 06:18 AM
is that a rapper? and why dont you like on/offs

TheRedBarron
04-06-2007, 07:52 AM
Still not as nice as mine.

Oscum Guy
04-06-2007, 03:53 PM
is that a rapper? and why dont you like on/offs
dude, it is a rapper.

whats wrong with gen4 timmys?

TheRedBarron
04-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Gen 4 was rushed a little they are a little buggy.

Muddytaco
04-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Gen 4 was rushed a little they are a little buggy.

mine worked perfect.......I one time i played with it, before trading:p

bigred76
04-06-2007, 11:52 PM
On/offs are teh suck.
That's odd coming from the person that at one point swore by bleed on/offs. :p

Sorry my reply is a day late, wanted to see the thread yesterday but ran out of time after school... Nice gat though, definitely a good marker for you! :waytogo:

HelpDeskHustler
04-07-2007, 06:37 AM
dude, it is a rapper.
dude i know, i just like making conversation with timmyshooter, hes like my idol

Hob Hayward
04-07-2007, 11:15 AM
LoL, well it looks darn nice. Get some sick anno, and keep it...

timmyshoota
04-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Matt's right. They didn't really do enough testing on the design. Its a good design, and when running right they shoot great. My main problem is, they take a little work to get to shoot right. That's not the way Timmys have ever been. A Timmy is a marker that you take out of the box, mow faces off, throw in the gear and bag and pull it out the next week to do the same. Maintainence is easy, although a little more involved than most pin valve markers. Gen4's are the most difficult Timmy to break down completely. All previous models were easy to tear down and put back together. Too many different tools required for breaking down a Gen4. They just don't live up to the Timmy heritage.

Reason why I say on/offs are teh suck, is because I almost never remove my tank from my gun. When I'm gonna service my gun after play I just shoot out all the air and take the tank off. Any other time, after play my tank stays on my gun. I pull it out, fill the tank and get to shooting people. I was so used to not using an on/off, that every game I played with my SL66, I would walk to the start box, and shoot and nothing would happen, because I had forgot to turn the air on. I'm just used to walking on and pushing 2 buttons and my gun and hopper are ready.

Hob Hayward
04-07-2007, 05:44 PM
LoL, most people enjoy having some air left in their tanks.

Hob Hayward
04-07-2007, 05:47 PM
LoL, most people enjoy having some air left in their tanks... Besides, you should be chrono'ing first...

HelpDeskHustler
04-07-2007, 05:47 PM
i dont mind not having an on/off either... i just put it on empty, take it off empty. i really hate having 4500psi of air sitting around in my house... call me OCD but w/e

timmyshoota
04-07-2007, 06:13 PM
LoL, most people enjoy having some air left in their tanks... Besides, you should be chrono'ing first...

First thing I do after I get ready is go shoot 3 balls over the chrono, and they always were the same with my Marq6. I expect this to be the same way. It gets to be redundant when you have a consistent marker.

leed
04-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Awww.. I was expecting an Ego7. :(

timmyshoota
04-08-2007, 04:57 PM
BL > PE. Plus I didn't like the 07 Ego I played around with.

MVS1
04-08-2007, 05:51 PM
After seeing that I think I know what my next acquistion is gonna be, let me know when the 30 day window is up before you get rid of it ;D, you know you want to sell it, the Tremor might get jealous:D.
I'm gonna lump some other posts to save some thread hoping...First I didn't think it would take you too long to over engineer a reball catcher and I wasn't wrong :D, Second the trigger works great and is smooth as silk...grea job!!!! I only wish the pilot had a slightly bigger trigger guard so I could maximize the forward rack of the trigger. It's a damn shame though because the pilot doesn't see much play time with the Angel leading off.

I hear ya on the 07 Ego, don't get me wrong it's definitely a sweet marker but it just didn't do it for me either.

To answer the question about the pillow/soft face bolt, its not needed because the marker is hard on paint. It gives the marker the ability to shot the most fragile paint out there without having to worry about breech breaks. And it does work very well.

timmyshoota
04-08-2007, 05:53 PM
After seeing that I think I know what my next acquistion is gonna be, let me know when the 30 day window is up before you get rid of it ;D, you know you want to sell it, the Tremor might get jealous:D.
I'm gonna lump some other posts to save some thread hoping...First I didn't think it would take you too long to over engineer a reball catcher and I wasn't wrong :D, Second the trigger works great and is smooth as silk...grea job!!!! I only wish the pilot had a slightly bigger trigger guard so I could maximize the forward rack of the trigger. It's a damn shame though because the pilot doesn't see much play time with the Angel leading off.

You are getting me confused with MuddyTaco. Don't get it twisted though, I'm OG.

MVS1
04-08-2007, 06:02 PM
:o Damn.. My bad, your right, I guess its time to cut me off...NO MORE DRINKS BAR TENDER :D

bamf-hacker
04-09-2007, 05:38 AM
issues :)

But it sure is nice!