PDA

View Full Version : co2 Gauge

civickiller302
04-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Hey, is there any way to add a gauge to my MR2 to see how much co2 is left....like maybe screwing one right on to the tank? It seems like the only tanks that have it are the nitros...

Critical
04-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Probably the easiest way would be to replace the stock asa with something like the CP asa, which would give you two outputs, one of which could be used to mount a gauge.

The Booth Man
04-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Hey, is there any way to add a gauge to my MR2 to see how much co2 is left....like maybe screwing one right on to the tank? It seems like the only tanks that have it are the nitros...

co2 doesn't work that way.

Just a little info on co2:

-The pressure varies depending on the temperature
-It can range from 500 psi at 40 degrees to 1000 psi at 90 degrees
-The pressure will only drop when
1. The tank chills from shooting rapidly
2. The temperature decreases outside
3. You are almost completely out of co2

Most of us know when we are low on co2 when our markers start "burping" or when they fail to recock after each shot

The only surefire way to know how many shots you have left is to keep track of how many paintballs you have shot already.

Depending on the temperature....

9 oz will yield around 400 - 600 shots
20 oz will yield around 800-1000

civickiller302
04-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Thanks....i was wondering why i couldn't find any parts like that...

....I'll probably still stick with co2 for a while though...i want to get a hopper first :)

bamf-hacker
04-05-2007, 06:18 AM
A gauge for your MR really wont help much. By the time the gauge drops bellow 800ish PSI (what the tanks puts out) you will only have one or two shots left. If you really want to gauge your CO2 then weigh the tank empty and then you add the size of the tank to that. In between games you can re-weigh the tank to see how much CO2 is remaining in the tank.