PDA

View Full Version : high end most like a spyder???

ttam13xlpb
04-03-2007, 07:13 PM
i own an 05 spyder pilot and it is my favorite gun ive ever had but due to more tournament play i need a better gun and want the closest one to a spyder..thinking maybe a timmy or an ego due to the open bolt and everything???what do you guys think/recomend(not sure on the spelling???)

Ace24
04-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Go for a Timmy. An Ego is basicly an over priced Timmy in the first place... so save yourself some money. You could also build a Spimmy if you love your Pilot. Just take the body and put Timmy parts on it. Although, you would have to tap for eyes... it might be easier to just buy a Timmy.

It's up to you though.

ttam13xlpb
04-03-2007, 07:47 PM
how much difference in the size/weight of the timmy and ego?defiant2 any good??is it considered high end i guess??

shunut
04-03-2007, 08:30 PM
My suggestion is go to your local paintball shop and hold them for yourself. Its the only way you are going to figure out which one you really like. Once you get into the high end markers you are going to pretty much get the same thing from gun to gun. There will slight differences but nothing extreme. I personally like Egos. They are amazingly efficient on air.

ttam13xlpb
04-04-2007, 07:51 AM
ive shot an ego and i really liked it i used it in a game and it was great but my closest field is like an hour and a half drive soo...

clickclicksplat
04-04-2007, 09:57 AM
You could always go for a VS2/3 if you wanna stay with a cheaper gun and/or a spyder...

spyderpilotacs05
04-04-2007, 12:41 PM
go www.pbreview.com to see how other people rated the gun you are looking at. If you want a good lp gun thats like an ion than you could get a Diablo Wrath for $160.00-$210.00, awsome out of the box. Great gun also go to www.youtube.com and you can see vids of them. Don't buy used it will come and ite you know where sooner or later

08Lud08
04-04-2007, 01:43 PM
you might be able to buy used locally and get a good deal but whatever you do don't buy used guns on pbnation unless they ship first. My friend just traded his angel for a 06 sft shocker and it had broken eyes and it was and older model shocker than what was said.

nbishop66
04-04-2007, 05:19 PM
That's like saying I want a luxury car that drives like a Hyundai. Didn't mean to be a smart-a, but that statement nearly made me fall off my chair.

Once you hold, fire and feel the difference, you won't even care what feels like a spyder. Wether it's closed bolt, open bolt, hell even a shocker will make you forget you ever owned a spyder. My ion made me regret my decision to buy a Pilot ACS as my first marker since my Line SI Bushmaster Pump. I might be biased so take it for what it's worth, I'd get a Shocker. Another couple of years with the ion and I plan on getting one for my kid and I.

Like others have said go try a few markers out, set a price range for yourself and look for the best one for you, that falls in your price range. One more you might want to consider is the Ego Etek. Nice gun reasonably priced. I know a couple of guys that play on a local team Riptide out of Portsmouth, RI that use them, these guys played at the World Cup last year and did pretty well. They love em'.

Oscum Guy
04-05-2007, 03:49 PM
timmy.

spyderpilotacs05
04-06-2007, 02:45 PM
you could get the diablo wrath, icp promaster, vs2, diablo ar1, all for less than $300.00 all run on compressed air/nitro/hpa. icp promaster banging out of the box!

vikingshadow
04-07-2007, 06:34 AM
^^ Or one of the new fusions. Any FASOR will be a step up and shoot just as fast but feel a bit more comfortable than the spyder, while maintaining the "Timmyesque" feel of the gun without the "Timmy" price (new, that is.)

T1 (if you can find one)
Odyssey something or other
Rexx something or other
Diablo Limited Wrath (don't care for the other version)
Fusion (new gun, out this year.)

They are all under 400.00 and shoot pretty nice with the Fusion being one of the new breed of what I call "upper mid level, low level high end" guns. Basically means, they have everything you might want without the high end price.

OR, you can get a "The One" kit and make your Spyder into a FASOR....

Opteron-O3
04-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Fasor is basically a nicer blowback.

Oscum Guy
04-07-2007, 02:34 PM
fasor is a blow forward.

Opteron-O3
04-07-2007, 02:40 PM
The concept is the same, just reversed.

phatphil
04-07-2007, 04:29 PM
The concept is the same, just reversed.
...In other words, not the same. :dodgy:

An Ego is not an overpriced Timmy, it's a Timmy with better quality parts. Both guns are good choices and you can pick up a Gen 3 Timmy for $300-$400.

Oscum Guy
04-07-2007, 04:52 PM
...In other words, not the same. :dodgy:

An Ego is not an overpriced Timmy, it's a Timmy with better quality parts. Both guns are good choices and you can pick up a Gen 3 Timmy for $300-$400.
if you madly upgraded a timmy itd be ego performance right?

btw, i think that its freakin awesome that the ego7 has an integrated ram sleeve. thats just like the best!

CammyV
04-08-2007, 12:00 PM
The VS line is PFG as far as I am concerned... I run a VS2, and have shot the '07 Hybrid shocker, and an ego. I preferred the VS2 over both. Stay away from the Ion, as they are not much fun to rebuild/repair. Set your price range, and find something comfortable. 25 bps is the same, regardless of what it comes from...

new_Faction64
04-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Why do you want something close to a Spyder? just curious.

Backmanshooter
04-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Why do you want something close to a Spyder? just curious.If you read the first post, you'd know why.

He really likes his spyder pilot and wants one thats close to it, except better.

Oscum Guy
04-08-2007, 01:35 PM
The VS line is PFG as far as I am concerned... I run a VS2, and have shot the '07 Hybrid shocker, and an ego. I preferred the VS2 over both. Stay away from the Ion, as they are not much fun to rebuild/repair. Set your price range, and find something comfortable. 25 bps is the same, regardless of what it comes from...
no its not the same. chops, accuracy, loudness, efficiency, grouping etc. all come into play also.