PDA

View Full Version : Spider pilot acs help

spyderpilotacs05
04-03-2007, 10:53 AM
ok i have had my spyder pilot acs for about a year and a half now and it is a good gun. But now that i want to upgrade on the board and clean my gun i am having problems removeing the bolt. Yes i have red all of the other posts and none of it has helped, thanks anyway. I have tried so much that i have stripped the threds of the screw on the back of the bolt. I am just wondering what my options are. Any help would be great. If i can't do anything to fix it than i will be upgradeing to a Diablo Wrath.

Critical
04-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Don't give up yet. do you have a picture of what you are unscrewing? to remove the bolt, all that should need to be done is to remove side pin, remove velocity adjuster/rear block, slide bolt rearwards, pull cocking pin out, slide bolt the rest of the way out.

nbishop66
04-03-2007, 11:17 AM
There is no screw on the back of the bolt that needs to be removed to slide the bolt out. The Velocity adjustment knob is threaded, but there is no need to remove that either. Once you pull the pin that holds the backplate on, remove the cocking knob and black striker buffer ring the bolt and striker should just come out.

pb34
04-03-2007, 11:48 AM
ok i have had my spyder pilot acs for about a year and a half now and it is a good gun. But now that i want to upgrade on the board and clean my gun i am having problems removeing the bolt.

You've had the gun for a year and a half and haven't removed the bolt:confused:
But anyway, as stated above, you only have to remove the quick strip pin, pull out the velocity adjuster and springs, and take the top cocking knob off the bolt. Taking the knob off the bolt can be challenging sometimes. Sometimes you won't be able to get it off with bare hands and will need to grab a pair of plyers.

Critical
04-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah, but if he shots a half dozen balls, you can guarantee that knob will fly off like its got wings!

pb34
04-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah, but if he shots a half dozen balls, you can guarantee that knob will fly off like its got wings!

Only sometimes, I was lucky with my ACS bolt and it stayed in there well. Even though it was a pain to get it out.

spyderpilotacs05
04-03-2007, 03:34 PM
i need to remove the top cocking knob but it wont come out

MVS1
04-03-2007, 07:52 PM
pull really hard while twisting it, unless there is some dirt stuck down in there it will come out...eventually :D

spyderpilotacs05
04-04-2007, 11:28 AM
ihave tried all of that even had my friend hold and twist while i pulled nithing happened it didnt even loosen at all shoild i just keep trying?

pb34
04-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Keep trying. I'm not sure but I think if you loosen the screw on the back of the bolt that will make it a little easier.

Greybeard
04-04-2007, 04:30 PM
I put a few drops of paintball marker oil on the top cocking knob and pulled up hard with a good pair of pliers and it came out. It must be removed to take out the bolt. Also, a little trick I've found helpful to prevent it from flying out while shooting is putting a couple wraps of teflon tape around it before reinstalling it. My son shot almost 2,000 rounds at a scenerio game this past weekend and the cocking knob never came out with the teflon tape on it. Just remember to use something pointy to remove any left over teflon tape each time you pull the knob for a good cleaning.

Greybeard

pb34
04-04-2007, 05:50 PM
A permanent solution would be to mill out the little slot of alluminum that makes it necessary to take out the cocking knob to take out the bolt. If you have a dremel it should be pretty easy.

spyderpilotacs05
04-09-2007, 11:16 AM
i need detailed instructions on how to do a half back job on my spyder i am still having problems taking the top cocking knob off my spyder to remove the bolt for cleaning. So i thought that a half back job would solve the problem. thanks for all the help.

spitfirocks
04-09-2007, 02:12 PM
look at the spyder dissasebly videos, they always hlp