PDA

View Full Version : Feeders

civickiller302
04-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Hey guys, I'm still pretty new to the forum, somewhat new to the sport as well. I was thinking about getting the Fasta 18v to go on my MR2, but how does it stack up to other hoppers?? Any advice would be appreciated! :)

MR.FANTACTICAL
04-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Hmm, well i think there are threads on this subject already but i'll reply because i use a Fasta 18v. l.e.d. . In my opinion it's a descent hopper for the price. I really havent had any issues with it other than i'ts a pain in the *ss to clean if you break a ball inside it. If I had the extra money I think i would of went for the Empire reloader b. The four friends i go play with all bought Fasta's also, they like them. They are something like between a true forcefed hopper and a agitaiter. Hope this helps.

civickiller302
04-04-2007, 06:39 AM
Thanks!

S][D
04-04-2007, 10:31 AM
First post, wahoo!. I would recomend Vewloader Vlocity series with gangster mod. Better then anything else. Thats my opinion anyways.

Barricuda
04-04-2007, 07:33 PM
good ol halo B here...altho i paid to much for it i believe (135), its a damm good hopper. its a bit heavy on the feed elbow, and takes 6 AA batterys. it feeds at about 20+ bps but can be upgraded with a different board. i also like it cause it has rip drive, in case your batterys go flat in the worse time...u can still force a stack of 10 balls at a time...but all in all..theres no "best hopper" for your marker...you just need to find the one that works best for you

Border411
04-08-2007, 06:24 AM
Get an egg 3. I love mine, great on batteries, and very comfortable on my Spyder. I would take your gun to a shop (brign some paintballs), and try the loaders on your gun with the balls inside. This is so you can feel the center of gravity and what it feels like when whiping it around (make sure to lock on the loader very good, or you may be buying a lot of broken equipment!:D

Firekillernmp
04-09-2007, 01:46 PM
this is what is said on i site (Archon Hopper -This amazing new hopper can feed up to 12 Balls per second without batteries! Standard hoppers only feed 8 Balls per second. Most battery operated hoppers feed 12 BPS. You get the same rate with no batteries! No batteries equals no noise.) how true is this and is this a good hopper?

civickiller302
04-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Personally, i've never used one......but i wonder if you can possibly get 12 balls a second just from gravity...? I mean...12 a second? :confused:

Firekillernmp
04-09-2007, 01:53 PM
yea thats what i was thinking too so i asked lol
anyone else????

Barricuda
04-09-2007, 04:32 PM
lol..i got an archon hopper with a marker i recently got...that thing sucks!
1. the lid has a habit of poping open...sure u feal it snap closed and alls well...but when ur in a fire fight and the lid pops and all ur balls spill...TeH SuXoRz!

2. its suposed to acheave that feat by the dual tunnels built into it, bit theres a flaw...the 2 tunnels still meet at the feed opening and they jam there just as wel as any other grav hoper.

3. grav....no mater the design...grav is still your main means of feed and unless theres a way to warp said gravity... you gonna get 8 bps none the less...the only thing this thing is good for is less need fo "shaking" the hopper to clear clogs...but for an MR? no way. use that thing got a mech marker like the MR1///but a E-marker? nah...im savin u a headache and ball chops on the field here...just ebay up a halo, youll be much happier

Firekillernmp
04-09-2007, 06:20 PM
thanks sounds good

civickiller302
04-16-2007, 05:01 PM
I just bought the Fasta 18v....I took it out to the woods today to try it out, and it's frickin amazing!!! I kept up with me no matter what..there was a cloud of yellow paint floating around the tree I was shooting! One thing I was worried about was the blowback when there was a small amount of paint in the loader...but I had no problems there either. I would definitely recommend it...:)

Voodoo27909
04-17-2007, 07:21 AM
The MR2 is happiest with a true force fed hopper (like the HaloB) to keep pressure on the paint feeding into the fireing chamber. I have used the Z-Egg on mine for some time....but find that I have to keep my rate of fire in check to prevent popping one back up the feedneck. I recently switched to the HaloB, and the feed issue went away.

civickiller302
04-17-2007, 10:52 AM
....i have yet to have any feed issues with the Fasta...it seems to do perfectly fine, even if it isnt force fed..

Voodoo27909
04-17-2007, 11:10 PM
Agreed...it seems to be a hit or miss thing with the owners. Even with mine, sometimes it is hard to get along with using the Z-Egg, other times not.