PDA

View Full Version : Shocktech Springs

Lycan
04-03-2007, 07:32 AM
So I thought I throw something out there for you peps. I recently just played for the first time with my vs2 and when I went to chrono it, I couldn't get anything above 265fps. So I used my shocktech spring kit I bought off ebay. These springs are used to help raise your fpr without bottoming out your velocity screw. So I threw it in and first I noticed it was about 1/4-3/8in. longer. Didn't even think about it and put it in. Still came up short, so I decided to stop f'n around and put the red spring in (heavy) and all the way out it was hitting 275-280. Great I thought. I started playing and I kept getting no fires. I thought it was my hopper getting pinched so I tried my friends eggy 2 and same problem. It wasn't until I started trying to recock it that I relized that the spring was probably to long. A guy at boston paintball, not a worker, gave me a hybrid spring and guess what it works flawlessly. Plus the velocity screw is all the way out and it is shooting 280-287fps. I didn't try using the gold spring but why fix something that's not broken. I guess these may not be for the vs series. I think I will keep it for my sonix that I have for a back up. Wanted to give you guys a warning about the spring in these guns. :cool:

Swingline76
04-03-2007, 07:50 AM
you should be able to just trim the spring with a pair of wire cutters so it fits in properly. i used me 32 degrees spring set on my vs3 veloscity adjuster and it worked great

Lycan
04-03-2007, 08:30 AM
yeah, I thought of that but alot of people, including the ones at boston paintball said cutting spring is looked down on. It actually can cause problems as it doesn't have a flat suface it keep it from slipping under high pressure. I don't know this from personal experiance but I did read it on otters page http://www.ottersccustoms.com/upgrade.html (look all the way at the bottom of the page under shim kits). Thanks for the post!:D

Kenny_McCormic
04-03-2007, 08:48 AM
you should put in a lighter valve spring

Theheroguy
04-03-2007, 09:03 AM
try upping your pressure if you didn't already

Lycan
04-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Yeah, that was another problem I seem to be haing. My pressure keeps creeping up on me. I had it set to about 260-270 and when I was done with to games it wen tot 295-300. For those thatare about to ask no I wasn't using co2, I have a 48/3000 tank. The hybrid spring is working great so I think I will leave it in. It was shooting 280fps at 250psi so I think I will be all set with that setup.