PDA

View Full Version : Easy Solenoid Tweek

MR.FANTACTICAL
04-02-2007, 11:05 PM
OK, IM NEW HERE BUT BEEN READING POSTS FOR A WHILE SO HELLO FOLKS !
I FOUND THIS LITTLE TWEEK ON SCENARIO DREAMS WEBSITE AND FIGURED I'D POST IT SINCE I HAVE'NT SEEN ANY POSTS ABOUT IT, HERE'S THE LINK WITH SOME PHOTOS. http://scenariodreams.com/troubleshoot.htm
YOU DONT WANT TOO FAT OF A SPACER (FOUND A PENNY WORKED FOR MY GUN) SO IT DOES'NT ACTIVATE THE SEER PUT JUST ENOUGH TO TAKE UP THE SLACK. THEORICALLY THE LESS TRAVEL THE PLUNGER HAS TO DO THE LESS WORK THE FOR THE BATTERY THUS SAVING BATTERY LIFE AND REDUCING RETURN/ACTIVATION TIME OF THE PLUNGER. YOU CAN GLUE THE SPACER TO THE TRIGGER FRAME(DONT GLUE IT TO THE PLUNGER), OR YOU CAN GET FANCY AND DRILL/TAP THE TRIGGER FRAME FOR A SET SCREW. ENJOY.

Critical
04-03-2007, 04:51 AM
Wow, first, please, please, kill the all caps, you're making our eyes bleed. Second, from the boards that I go around to, shimming the sear is considered a very short term mod, there have been questions about the long term stress that it creates.

The Booth Man
04-03-2007, 07:48 AM
Welcome! Its always nice to get new ideas for tricking out out MR2's

I have to agree on the CAPS. As for this mod....I'm not quite sold on the idea.

-The battery life on the MR2 is already great. (Honestly, how many of us plan on going through 10,000 paintballs in one day?)

-You might mess up the timing of the sear and solenoid when you switch to full auto

-If you really want a cheap (err..free) and easy way to increase your rate of fire in Semi, it would make more sense to use Viper's mod

MR.FANTACTICAL
04-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Ok sorry if im offending people with leaving my cap locks on. As far as the mod. I've done it already and played multiple times and have had no adverse issues. If you had a t-board i'd imagine you would have to do some adjustments for timing but i do not, if i have any issues with this down the road i'll post it. Oh and thanks for the tip about vipers mod. sounds like a few people have tried it and happy with the results. I'm gona take my gun into work tomorrow and give it a try :)