PDA

View Full Version : scammed on pbn?

calebh
04-02-2007, 02:31 PM
looking for advice and answers here, and maybe for some input from those of you who are pbn mods...

i bought an asa from the pbn user autococker06 for $15. he sent the package about 3 weeks ago. last week, i bought an HPA tank for $110 from pbn user sackingsfan. he sent it priority mail a week ago. both obviously should have been here by now. and i've received neither. i've never had a piece of mail lost before, and neither has my dad. so two packages at once seems a little suspicious.

first question: what are the odds?

autococker06 has considerably more feedback, and is also a member on AO. he even offered to refund my money. if either of these packages was truly lost, this one was. i sent him a pm asking about tracking numbers and stuff, but im pretty sure he sent it regular whatever mail. im thinking we'll just split the loss here.

but im still out $110 to sackingsfan. he has only has 5 feedback replies, but all are positive. in our negotiations, he didnt strike me as particularly capable. trustworthy, yes. seems like a kid. it was a good price so i figured i could live with a little extra work on my part, since he did manage to get 5 others their products.

im wondering if he sent the package to the wrong address. i have no reason to believe he didnt send it. unless priority shipping has some kind of tracking on it, there's no telling where he really sent it, and it may be in north dakota.

so question #2: how long does it usually take to sort out something like that? i need to know how long to wait before asking for at least some of my money back. again, splitting the loss seems like the best option to me.

#3: if this sackingsfan refuses to work with me, what can i do? we did go thru USPS, and i used a MO. isnt there like federal mail fraud or something i can try? (actually, i guess that's number 4 lol)

thanks

vwjimmy
04-02-2007, 02:54 PM
First, I always figured if I didn't get the part, I should get a refund. The tank guy doen't have a feedback link in his sig or his user profile...and that makes me nervous.
Lots of times, younger sellers will tell you they shipped before they really did because they are afraid of your response if they tell you they didn't do it yet.
First, you really need to try to work it out with the sellers. If they are still answering your pms' they probably are interested in getting it straightened out. If you cannot get anywhere that way, check out the theft report threads at pbn for ideas on what to do next.
I buy stuff at pbn too much, and here are the rules I try to live by:
I never send a MO to anyone without ALOT of 100% positive feedback. If they will not take Paypal or ship first, I pass on the deal.
I never buy anything off a new user or a user who has not posted in a long time...active users are more reliable.
I try to have patience...most USPS packages will get where they are going within a week or so, so I make sure I get an accurate shipped date from the seller, and I hold them to it.

If you cannot resolve it with the sellers, lmk and I will try to help you make the right calls and send the right messages.

calebh
04-03-2007, 12:52 PM
k, well i dont know what took so freakin long, but the tank arrived today. i checked the postmark, and it was sent that monday, but it was NOT sent priority. probly what took so long... as for the asa, $15 is no big deal, i can buy another. i shouldve just waited another day before posting lol

lost2
04-04-2007, 08:56 AM
u jerk :shameonyou:

08Lud08
04-04-2007, 09:45 AM
no because the same thing happend to me before. I had a mask trade and shipped first and it took him a month and a half to ship.

Hob Hayward
04-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Eh, USPS can suck at times. I waited more than a month to get an insert from Tim. I have been waiting over a month and a half now for one of Otter's bubbles to get here, and he actually sent a second when I didn't get the first. I dunno whats up with USPS, but I am not a big fan of their service outside of priority packages.

08Lud08
04-04-2007, 11:36 AM
with mine he would get off aim, myspace, pbnation, everytime I left him messages, and he said he didnt have the money to ship because he was getting evicted. then 2 weeks after I sent him money to ship it (which I shouldn't have)
he shippped.

bigred76
04-04-2007, 09:41 PM
I waited more than a month to get an insert from Tim.
Actually, I think it was almost 2 months... Gofigure for USPS... Still waiting for that $15 from Paul. :dodgy: