PDA

View Full Version : making my LP gun...

paintball07
04-02-2007, 03:10 PM
does anyone know of a good online store that sells most items at a good price? im trying to make my spyder pilot LP...

vwjimmy
04-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the forum. Here is a link to the store review thread...all of us have posted our experiences with each store and graded it. Check it out, as well as the Buy/Sell/Trade threads here. You are still going to have to shop around for the best deals, but you will find lots of good information here:
Stores and Reviews Thread (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=3841)

paintball07
04-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Which regulator for my spyder pilot would u recommend to get?

Bob Long Inline Player Series Paintball Regulator
Palmer Male Stabilizer
Smart Parts Max-Flo Micro 4500 psi Tank Regulator

vwjimmy
04-02-2007, 03:35 PM
The one on that list you will need is the Palmers....
To use it you will need a new V/A.....
The MaxFlow would work, but you still should have a reg on the marker.....

paintball07
04-02-2007, 08:11 PM
which V/A would u suggest me getting......?

Sandman_Bravo
04-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Assault block.

paintball07
04-02-2007, 08:36 PM
what would i type in on ebay to look for this item? or anywhere?

Pwgsx
04-02-2007, 10:09 PM
e-paintball.com

paintball07
04-03-2007, 04:25 AM
Assault block.
can u tell me the name i should type in to look for this item, i would really appreciate it big time! im trying to make a bad@$$ LP.

paintball07
04-03-2007, 04:27 AM
e-paintball.com
ok thanks man!

Pwgsx
04-03-2007, 03:10 PM
that site doesnt have the assault block but has the Palmer Stab., and much more. You can type in VA - vertical adapter in google. The one we are talking about has a 15 degree angle, so the reg, is angled a bit. I have not seen any on ebay but if you type in 15 degree VA or similar, you should get a bunch of hits.

You also need a good Valve thats high flowing. NewDesighnz has one (NDZ) , and there are a few others.

MVS1
04-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Your best choices for a front block are the trinity front block (comes in either forward or reverse angel, were the regulator threads into) or the assault block (forward facing angle only). Just about every online store has at least one of those types available. A palmer stabilizer is the best you can get for using Co2, however others work fine as well, when I was running Co2 my Evil Detonator worked great and was the cheapest reg out there. There is quite a few choices in how to setup your marker for LP and the most important thing to keep in mind is that just because one particular setup worked for one marker, it doesn't guarantee that you will experience the same result.

paintball07
04-03-2007, 05:47 PM
i just did a little experiment on my stock bolt and took the venturi out, just like OtterSC says to in his articles and the tested it out and it ran great! i tried to see how fast i could shoot it and it just chopped a paintball! i can't even move the bolt back. eventually i got the bolt back but what went wrong here? is the bolt not recocking fast enough? what modification do i need to make for this problem?

paintball07
04-03-2007, 07:29 PM
what valve should i geT?

paintball07
04-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Your best choices for a front block are the trinity front block (comes in either forward or reverse angel, were the regulator threads into) or the assault block (forward facing angle only). Just about every online store has at least one of those types available. A palmer stabilizer is the best you can get for using Co2, however others work fine as well, when I was running Co2 my Evil Detonator worked great and was the cheapest reg out there. There is quite a few choices in how to setup your marker for LP and the most important thing to keep in mind is that just because one particular setup worked for one marker, it doesn't guarantee that you will experience the same result.

which do u think is better the forward or backward trinity block?

MVS1
04-03-2007, 08:43 PM
That's a preference call, I prefer the reverse because it helps minimize the profile of the marker and keeps my front hand in close, others don't like them. To answer your other question about which valve, I have the Bandit Bolts High Flow w/New Designz valve pin and have been very pleased, however New Designz, Madman and others valves are all very good valves.

Pwgsx
04-03-2007, 08:46 PM
just edit your previous posts if you have more ?'s .........

You are outshooting your hopper, im guessing you have a non electric hopper or a slow electric feed. You need a faster hooper to stop ball chop. The bolt got stuck because the ball was chopped and the shell wedged between the bolt and the frame.

Also getting a T board and eyes will stop a lot of chops too! ;)

spitfirocks
04-04-2007, 09:52 PM
instead of spending money on lp products for the pilot, buy a vs2 they 174....just the regulator for lp is 100..plus u need valve, barrel, asa, trigger, eyes..trust me vs2 is worth it.....lol i was lookin for lp for my pilot, but i just got the vs2, someone gave me that advise, and now im passin it on 2 u

MVS1
04-04-2007, 10:05 PM
instead of spending money on lp products for the pilot, buy a vs2 they 174....just the regulator for lp is 100..plus u need valve, barrel, asa, trigger, eyes..trust me vs2 is worth it.....lol i was lookin for lp for my pilot, but i just got the vs2, someone gave me that advise, and now im passin it on 2 u

Not a bad piece of advice, and he's right I wish I could have back the $300 plus to get my marker to where it is today. However, it might be a little too late to get a new marker. Shop the sales corner and cut costs by buying used, it will make a difference.

Sandman_Bravo
04-05-2007, 05:45 AM
Yeah, but isn't it fun building your own custom marker and that day you first try it out is a kick in the pants?

MVS1
04-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Yeah, but isn't it fun building your own custom marker and that day you first try it out is a kick in the pants?
Amen Brother...Worth every penny :D, I love it when people ask what kind of marker that is and the look on there face when I tell them its a pilot.

Pwgsx
04-05-2007, 12:42 PM

but its not co2 friendly.......

Sandman_Bravo
04-05-2007, 04:31 PM
I will probably keep my pilot until it's only useful as a paper-weight just because of sentimental reasons. I have another marker now, but that pilot was my first project gun.

Oscum Guy
04-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Which regulator for my spyder pilot would u recommend to get?

Bob Long Inline Player Series Paintball Regulator
Palmer Male Stabilizer
Smart Parts Max-Flo Micro 4500 psi Tank Regulator
cp reg.

spitfirocks
04-05-2007, 05:54 PM
its not c02 friendly, just geta remote coil, by the time co2 reaches the regulator, it already expands, which is 2wice as good as hpa and its queiter, i personally dont like coils, but its worth it. good luck have fun

pb34
04-05-2007, 07:56 PM
its not c02 friendly, just geta remote coil, by the time co2 reaches the regulator, it already expands, which is 2wice as good as hpa and its queiter, i personally dont like coils, but its worth it. good luck have fun

How is it twice as good as hpa? Hpa is consistant and won't spike in different weather conditions. Also with hpa you don't need to give it time to expand because it isn't a liquid. Hpa is also better for the internals of your gun. If you have the option, go with hpa for sure.

spitfirocks
04-05-2007, 10:44 PM
yes, but if u dont, get a remote coil, and when u do get a remote coil, co2 is actually heavier than hpa, which causes the gun 2 recocock better, ive done many experiments on these gasses, and besides if u have a remote coil, its like havin hpa, but better....

i personally have hpa, dont get me wrong, i love my stubby, but if u cant afford a hpa tank go with c02 and coil...

MVS1
04-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Installing an anti-siphon in your tank works well too.

paintball07
04-06-2007, 11:03 AM

What is a remote coil?

Critical
04-06-2007, 11:53 AM
It's a long line (about 6 feet when stretched out) that is coiled like a telephone cord and lets you put your tank in a harness (usually on your back) and connects to the asa.

paintball07
04-06-2007, 12:34 PM
My pin valve on my 20oz CO2 tanks is messed up. Is there any special way to take the valve off and replace it with a new one? can i just screw it off and screw on anther one? Is the valve with the guage on it worth getting or nah?

Pwgsx
04-06-2007, 12:43 PM
messed up?? is it leaking?? With the bottle empty, you can unscrew the valve and replace it with a new one. I got a few I can sell you if needed. Just PM me. Just make sure the bottle is empty ;)

spitfirocks
04-06-2007, 12:59 PM
yes what critical said, and by the time the c02 goes in the lnght of the 6 feet, it goes from a heavy liquid to a heavy gas, whch is really good, but u shouldnt use c02 in temps under 50 degrees...

spitfirocks
04-06-2007, 06:44 PM
do not unscrew the valve when its full, ur tank will shoot so hard it can possble kill u, or break off ur arm.3

shunut
04-06-2007, 08:24 PM
:yeahthat:

I suggest taking it to an airsmith if you need to take of the reg, just to be safe. Normally they will do this for free.

paintball07
04-08-2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks All for all your input! the only thing left for me to buy is my reg. im thinking about eyes.