PDA

View Full Version : first gun

Kenny_McCormic
04-02-2007, 01:07 PM
its covered in tape because its blue and doesnt blend in with the woods at all. Im gonna paint the drop forward black and i might paint the grip. also by wrapping tape arountd the porting at the end of the stock barrel it makes it more efficent.
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/4/9117063415.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5129602)

Pwgsx
04-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Welcome to the boards.......

dude, take the tape off, if your good, the person looking for you will get shot by you before they see a Blue gun.

Dont paint the grip, get a set of black aftermarkets if needed.

Thats a good started gun with many upgrades available ;)

Kenny_McCormic
04-02-2007, 01:40 PM
ur right the tape on the body makes it look terrible but the barrel is staying taped because its too shiny and more efficient with the tape

Pwgsx
04-02-2007, 03:05 PM
I dont agree on that either but thats just me. The porting is there for a reason, and all aftermarkets have it also.

Kenny_McCormic
04-02-2007, 03:52 PM
the portingis suposed to make it quieter. its so loud with the short barrel not having that inch of porting porting doesnt make a noticable difference in noise

Pwgsx
04-02-2007, 04:10 PM
it also makes the pressure behind the ball more even. However, taping it up does not make it more efficient, just louder.

I got a Viewloader Revolution for sale......if your interested.

08Lud08
04-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Also by wrapping tape around the porting at the end of the stock barrel it makes it more efficient.
It doesn't make it more efficient it probably wont affect it at all. A barrel wont effect efficiency with out any upgrades to the gun, all it will do is increase accuracy.

Kenny_McCormic
04-02-2007, 05:07 PM
even if it doesnt black is a lot better than shiney aluminum

CHAOSFTW
04-02-2007, 06:44 PM
hey i gots a me a all crome and silve SB lightning autococker and i play woods ball with it. dang thing blows everybodies mind after they get shot.

Pwgsx
04-02-2007, 07:22 PM
i dont think color matters, i got a red gun, hopper, red jersey. they see me and they get shot........its all skill

bigred76
04-02-2007, 11:02 PM
A major :yeahthat:... I play woods occasionally in my red/black Empire gear with a nice and shiney silver/red gat. It all comes down to you shooting them first, and no amount of tape will help you there.

Good pick on a first gun, I hope you enjoy it!

Hob Hayward
04-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Still, he IS right that the tape will make it more efficient. Even if only by a tiny bit, its still correct, because with that, less air is lost while it travels down the barrel, so it sustains its speed while using less air to do so.

TheRedBarron
04-03-2007, 01:19 PM
The tape does that, but if there is one or 2 ports on one side that are still venting while the others are blocked, it will cause a strong spin on the ball causing curves.

Kenny_McCormic
04-03-2007, 04:23 PM
well i took all the tape off except on the hopper and elbow i taped the two together and wrapped the elbow with several layers to kepp it from breaking off, then i enlarged the vent holes on it

bigred76
04-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Still, he IS right that the tape will make it more efficient. Even if only by a tiny bit, its still correct, because with that, less air is lost while it travels down the barrel, so it sustains its speed while using less air to do so.
Right, but it's also as Matt said. If there isn't anything to port the air, then it'll end up like a smooth bored shotgun, sending the balls every which-way. This is because the pressure built up behind balls is not always equal, and might send the ball spinning at the very last second when the gas breeches into open air.

If you want more efficiency from a barrel, get a short one and use properly bored paint. Really, those are the only things you can do with a barrel to increase efficiency, and they do not help that much at all; they contribute more to consistency.

Hob Hayward
04-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Still, he WAS right, whether or not its advisable is whole different issue...

xsgmike66x
04-05-2007, 05:18 AM
if you want your gun to be not so shiney they sell a tape with camo patern on it. possibly you can pick that up, take your time and do a real nice job with it. Then you can buy a black aftermarket barrel.

heres the tape,
http://www.theoutdoorworld.com/products2.cfm?id=40305

I'm not sure but i would be willing to bet you can get it at walmart or D*cks

Sandman_Bravo
04-05-2007, 03:33 PM
like this?????

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j262/Sandman_Bravo/CIMG0044-1.jpg

Oscum Guy
04-05-2007, 04:14 PM
sry, looks gay with the tape.

will you be uppin it?