PDA

View Full Version : How do I fix it??

hjennings
04-01-2007, 07:20 PM
http://i20.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/92/ff/5598_2.JPG

OK got this off of eBay to fix up for a project. Its got a regulator and I believe thats a rocker trigger.

I added a good barrel, replaced the trigger frame with a stock double trigger frame from a Victor, and took it all apart for a good cleaning and lub. Internals looked good with minimal wear. I polished the internals and cleaned everything. All of the o-rings look fine.

If I cock it back and screw on the tank, it hold air... sorta... I hear a very small leak somehwere.

Pull the trigger and it goes spastic as if it's trying to fire full auto. It does this for a second and settles un-cocked leaking something awful. How can it be a minor leak when cocked and awful w/ the bolt forward?

Again, the O-rings look ok. So???

Kenny_McCormic
04-01-2007, 07:56 PM
The leak sounds like a bad cup seal im pretty sure they all leak a little with the bolt forward. no idea on the trigger worn out striker/sear?

hjennings
04-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Trigger is like new. So? I can check the cup seal again. It looked good. But?

Kenny_McCormic
04-02-2007, 11:40 AM
maybe the reg isnt giving the gun enuf air causing it to runaway

pudamobile
04-02-2007, 12:43 PM
maybe the reg isnt giving the gun enuf air causing it to runaway

That'd be my guess too....

spanky1205
04-02-2007, 02:27 PM
I would also have a look at the springs you are using. A spring kit may also help your problem.

pb34
04-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Cup seals can look fine and still leak, so that would be my first step. Sometimes, the gun will leak with the bolt foward but will be fine once cocked. That is how mine is, but it doesn't burp when I start to fire.

hjennings
04-02-2007, 06:12 PM
OK more info:

Springs are stock. I took the reg off during take-down and when I tested it I screwed the tank straight to the adapter. So no reg was in place during testing.

I'll check the cup seal again and maybe go ahead and replace. Anyone know where to get parts like that?

spanky1205
04-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Sometimes you can get fine grit sand paper and sand the cup seal and that will stop a leak. I have heard people say all spyders leak a little when they are uncocked. I dont believe that is right both of mine dont. Sorry if I have offended anyone. How did the gun work prior to adding the new trigger frame. Some of the older spyder bodies must be milled down before accepting the newer e-triggers. Maybe this is the same case. The reason I mention a spring kit is because I had a similar problem with my spyder. To my surprise it was the springs all along.

You can pick up most parts for a spyder here: http://www.doropaintball.com/

hjennings
04-03-2007, 09:58 AM
I didnt test it w/ the old trigger. But both triggers fit the same way. Both are mechanical triggers. The old trigger just doesn't have a trigger guard and is a single trigger. New trigger is a double trigger.

spanky1205
04-03-2007, 11:53 AM
If you compare the two trigger frames side by side, does the sear stick out of the older one further than in the newer one? If so than maybe the newer sear is not catching the striker as well. Also what kind of shape is the striker in? Could there be a chance that the sear is unable to catch that due to wear?

pudamobile
04-03-2007, 03:35 PM
you can pick up a cupseal off of actionvillage...I keep a bunch of them around.

hjennings
04-03-2007, 10:59 PM
Side by side, other than the trigger itself and guard, they look the same as far as where they mount. Striker looks just fine.

Gotta be the cup seal, I guess.

pudamobile
04-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Try it, worst that can happen is you've still got a leak....if that doesn't do it, try putting a couple drops of oil in the asa, air it up, and give'r hell. I know that sounds like a ghetto way to fix things, but it may help....it's worked for me before.

Kenny_McCormic
04-04-2007, 09:08 AM
try putting a couple drops of oil in the asa, air it up, and give'r hell. I know that sounds like a ghetto way to fix things, but it may help....it's worked for me before.
I do that everytime I air up NO LEAKS. and thats no a ghetto way to fix it its an easy way to fix it

Thor13
04-17-2007, 07:00 PM
the spring is not stretched enough if you stretch the spring it will then recock it all the way. i had to do this to my compact