PDA

View Full Version : GI JOE: The Return of Cobra

Xyxyll
04-01-2007, 06:53 PM
I just got back from the game (GI JOE: The Return of Cobra (http://www.blackcatpaintball.com/events/07/gijoe2/main.htm)), and I ran into a few guys from the boards (one distinguishable by his Taco trigger). Just thought I'd reintroduce myself and ask what you guys thought of the game and how your Spyders held up.

-Tall guy sporting a Red/Black Pilot w/ X-Customs prototypes all over it. ;)

pb34
04-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Hey I was the one you saw with the Taco trigger. I had a blast at the game, except for the fact that my Fasta broke at the beginning of the second day. The final battle was insane and even thought we(Joes) got destroyed overall, it was still an awesome time.

On a side note, what kind of trigger did you have on your gun, I don't think I've ever seen one like that. X-custom's prototype trigger maybe?

Xyxyll
04-03-2007, 06:27 PM
That's too bad about your hopper. I was somewhat limited with the Ricochet AK and was hoping to win one of the Fastas that were given away. Figures that a friend of mine won a Halo.

Overall I had a great time. I felt that teams were a little one-sided at times, but I still got in some nice firefights. I just wish I had been shot at more (I was Cobra). :P Usually Spiro's games are a little more exciting for both teams. Unfortunately Spiro had a lot to handle behind-the-scenes this year.

Was this your first scenario game?

One of the prototype items on the Pilot was the trigger, yes. :shhh: :wink:

pb34
04-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Yea this was my first scenario game. I went with one of my dad's co-workers and his son and a couple of their friends. They have done a couple of Spiro's games. I'm hoping that I'll be able to go to the one in Ohio in June too.

Xyxyll
04-04-2007, 09:44 AM
The Ohio field is Spiro's home field. I played there when they first purchased the property. It is a lot of fun.

I may or may not be at the Ohio game. I'll be living in Michigan this summer, so it's only a 5 hour drive.

pb34
04-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I live in Connecticut so I flew into Dulles and my dad's co-worker picked me up. I'd probably do something similar in Ohio.

On a side note, I just purchased one of your 50g switches:)

Xyxyll
04-04-2007, 10:52 AM
That's quite the commitment for a scenario game. Definitely better than trying to drive from CT though.

Just received your order. It'll go out today.