PDA

View Full Version : re cocking

mogar158
04-01-2007, 11:39 AM
i have a spyder imagine and i guess with every spyder when you walk the trigger the bolt ocasionally wont re cock so i was wondering is there a quick fix for this problem? because im joining a tournament in may and need to be fairly fast or will i have to look into lp mods to get consistent trigger walkage?

spanky1205
04-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Since no one else is going to take a stab, I would guess the cocking issues are caused by the gun not being able to keep up with the rate of fire. To my knowledge the only way to up the rate of fire is to drop the amount of moving mass within the gun. LP should help some if done correct. Honestly I am making some pretty big guesses but maybe it will spur someone elses thoughts that can help you more.

WhatThaSmurf
04-02-2007, 02:35 PM
A decocking problem could be a lot of things. The first and most obvious is proper maintainance. If your internals are not properly cleaned and lubed regularly, that will lead to problems of all kinds including your marker not being able to recock easily. I'm going to go ahead and guess that your Imagine is pretty much if not completely stock (internals at least), and that pressure is not the problem. So give your gun a good clean and lube, then get back to us if the problem persists.

mogar158
04-02-2007, 05:21 PM
well actually smurf my imagine's internals consist of a lightened/polished striker with an acs bolt i lube the striker regularly but havent tryed the gun since its been polished(out of co2). i think what spanky said was correct i was just trying to see if there was a way to make it recok every time i walk it fast also i am using co2 as previously stated...could that be a problem

thanks for the help guys :)

spanky1205
04-02-2007, 07:50 PM
HPA always helps with consistancy. Personally HPA is would be at the top of my upgrade list. I doubt it will solve your problem. What is your current set up on your spyder? Is everything stock and polished? If you went to LP you could get a lighter striker along with a few other lighter parts which would equal less moving mass. I still say less moving mass is going to be your ticket. I would guess you have seen this site but if not it may help:

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/index.html

It may not address your exact question but there is alot of great info.

mogar158
04-03-2007, 12:12 PM
yeah ive seen this site before i think ima get a spring kit soon cuz i got a lightened/polished striker and an acs bolt and im gettin a reg and air tank soon too

WhatThaSmurf
04-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Well, I'll let you know it is not because the gun can't keep up naturally, because I know that people have put better and faster boards in and not had any problem with the cycle rate of the marker. The reg might help if your problem is pressure related, and it definitely couldn't hurt.

mogar158
04-03-2007, 04:58 PM
yeah you got a point there smurf...do you think it could be me using co2 becuz my friend david used to have an imagine and he ran it on co2 and had the same problem he also said its because he runs it on co2 if he used air it would stop doing this but im not sure

TimVanNormal
04-03-2007, 05:41 PM
cough' nicks dumb 'cough...
Roflz.
Well nick, I dont see why you ask a question such as this...are you doubting my knowlege?!
Gesh, I even lightened your striker for you and you do this.
What a great friend!:p

WhatThaSmurf
04-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Right.....

mogar, the CO2 might have something to do with it, but I doubt that it could be the whole problem. The only way that would be the only reason is if it were cold outside. You can try using air,and if that solves the problem, then that's great.

TimVanNormal
04-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Right.....

mogar, the CO2 might have something to do with it, but I doubt that it could be the whole problem. The only way that would be the only reason is if it were cold outside. You can try using air,and if that solves the problem, then that's great.
we play indoor.
He just needs the air, a reg and a few small lp mods and it will work..
He just can't get it through his thick skull.

mogar158
04-05-2007, 04:42 PM
tim all the suggestions you gave me you said you wherent to sure if theyed even work