PDA

View Full Version : Whatcha'all think?

QAZ123
01-24-2006, 07:18 AM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1375951

I think he's right for the most part but at my field they get a certain diablo ball in (blue shell can't remember the name) that roll's out of a .679 insert! I don't think that would go over too well with a .691 barrel!

Opinion's as I need to buy a new barrel either today or tomorrow to get it by the weekend! I still love CP .689 barrel's which is what I was going to get but this thread got me thinking and I really don't want a barrel kit at the moment!

Whatcha'all think?

JB.

shunut
01-24-2006, 07:32 AM
He does make some interesting and good points. I'm not very in-tune with the pro's, so I'm not sure it pro's do over bore. Try it out and see how it works. Any of your friends have timmy barrels that you could try? That or if you can find a good deal on a used barrel, try it out, if you don't like it then resell it. Although, if the paint you normally use rolls easily out of a 0.679 bore you wouldn't really need to go bigger that your 0.689. I guess the question right now you should ask yourself is "Am I breaking a lot of paint?" If you are try to go to a bigger barrel and see if it works. If not just keep what you got.

DexGtr
01-24-2006, 07:34 AM
i guess going to a .691 won't hurt i tried that but going to a .694 i think is a little too much.

QAZ123
01-24-2006, 07:37 AM
This idea I think is pretty good as long as your not shooting a closed bolt marker! I think I'll search around and find a .691 and try it out although I guess I got a little paranoia shooting that tiny bore paint though still!

JB.

vikingshadow
01-24-2006, 08:25 AM
I ALWAYS overbore...what I do is match the paint to barrel then go a size or two bigger. Never have problems except for an occassional oopsy...for a long time I've said that it doesn't really affect accuracy as much as people have let on - it does to a point, but not nearly as much as people swear to - but that's another one of those paintball arguments that never end.

Of course, disclaimer time - this is MY OPINION! Not totally factual, although I did a test last summer on it.

DexGtr
01-24-2006, 08:28 AM
i'm usually overbored LOL :p :D

geeZus
01-24-2006, 08:37 AM
I've been saying this for the past 6 months? From the time I had my Shocker I've been overboring and have had NO problems. I was using a .693 insert on my Shocker, and when I got my DM4 through to my Timmy I was using .692 UL back. The FSDO point he made came in handy for me, instead of breaking balls, it would just roll out. I never had an accuracy issues with overboring. I could hit the same spot over and over. Paint matching works, its not incorrect, but it isn't an exact science. The reasons he listed like how paint swells later in the day, and the oblong shaped paint, makes it incredibly hard to keep the right bore. Back when Otter first made his page on his site about boring, there weren't Halo Bs, which do infact effect the shape. Things have changed, and overboring make everything a whoooooooole lot simpler.

Barrel kits = :down:
.691-.693 back FTW

shunut
01-24-2006, 08:37 AM
Ok guys this brings up a question. How do you bore your paint? Do you just go by what the box says the bore is or what you find on a chart, like Otter's Paintball Size chart? or Do you take a hand full of paintballs and fit them through your barrel? Reason I'm asking is because I just got a new Freak Kit and its my first one.

geeZus
01-24-2006, 08:47 AM
Handfuls. Put one in, blow it out. If it doesn't blow out its too tight, if it rolls out without you blowing, too loose. You want it to blow out without much force. Personally, I'd say you throw the .693 in there and call it a day. Thats what I used on my Shocker with no problem.

FredPo
01-24-2006, 09:01 AM
My field has one of the those metal sheets where you drop the ball in the holes and the one where it barely goes through is the bore of the ball. I always just use my .691 empire barrel from my kit and it works great with all paint that I use.

Fred

geeZus
01-24-2006, 09:02 AM
I wonder where you got that Empire kit, so long ago... :)

shunut
01-24-2006, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the help g.

geeZus
01-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Its what I do.

FredPo
01-24-2006, 09:09 AM
I wonder where you got that Empire kit, so long ago... :)
Good Times. The best barrel I've owned so far. I'm thinking of trying a dye UL out but we'll see, they are pricy. Hey QAZ, try and find a 4 piece Empire barrel kit that way our guns will match precisely.

Fred

QAZ123
01-24-2006, 09:11 AM
So even with that diablo paint that I was talking about that was rolling out of a .679 insert I would be ok?

JB.

geeZus
01-24-2006, 09:17 AM
I don't use Diablo paint. I wouldn't either. Procaps(Draxxus/X-Ball) FTW. I haven't had a single problem with Procaps paint, I have, however, had problems with any paint from NPS(Empire, Diablo).

bamf-hacker
01-24-2006, 09:17 AM
ok so I am a little confused. I should match my paint to the barrel bore using the blow method, then use the next size up? What about those of us that have built a low pressure Spyder? Isn't a good paint/bore match important for a LP set up?

HacKeR

QAZ123
01-24-2006, 09:22 AM
I don't use Diablo paint. I wouldn't either. Procaps(Draxxus/X-Ball) FTW. I haven't had a single problem with Procaps paint, I have, however, had problems with any paint from NPS(Empire, Diablo).
Well my problem is that I get one year membership's to my field in which if I go five times it pay's itself off and I'm pretty much paying for free the rest of the year but I have to buy his ball's is the only problem! I'll just say something to him about it! I'm looking for a Dye ultralite or a cp one piece now!

JB.

FredPo
01-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Well my problem is that I get one year membership's to my field in which if I go five times it pay's itself off and I'm pretty much paying for free the rest of the year but I have to buy his ball's is the only problem! I'll just say something to him about it! I'm looking for a Dye ultralite or a cp one piece now!

JB.
Then go with the Dye Ultralite, so many ppl I know swear by them.

Fred

geeZus
01-24-2006, 09:45 AM
ok so I am a little confused. I should match my paint to the barrel bore using the blow method, then use the next size up? What about those of us that have built a low pressure Spyder? Isn't a good paint/bore match important for a LP set up?

HacKeR
No its not important. Its not important to any gun except a closed bolt marker, to have a good match. I never even worry about blow testing. I just throw on the .692 and roll. The last time I played paintball this is what I brought with me: Gun w/ .692 barrel, tank, hopper, mask, pack, jersey, pants, 1 allen key for CP reg adjustment. Thats it. I knew I didn't need another barrel back, nor anything else. Its nice to have a barrel and gun you don't need to worry about.

QAZ123
01-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Is this a pretty good deal on the empire kit in the middle of the page? (http://www.intimidatorowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5763)
Sorry every gun I've bought in the past year has had a kick arse barrel already on it so I don't know too much about some of these barrel's!
JB.

geeZus
01-24-2006, 11:01 AM
I bought mine NIB for $90 from PBGear.com, and I think I sold it to Fred for the same ammount, shipped. That should be a good deal. I either sold mine to Fred for $90 or $80 shipped, I can't remember anymore.

QAZ123
01-24-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm gonna find out where he lives first I won't buy from anybody in cali!
JB.

geeZus
01-24-2006, 11:04 AM
Good call, because cali sucks.

bigred76
01-24-2006, 11:10 AM
...WTF....:dodgy: Not everyone in Cali is a scam artist....stupid ****ing generalizers....

geeZus
01-24-2006, 11:14 AM
...WTF....:dodgy: Not everyone in Cali is a scam artist....stupid ****ing generalizers....
No...just everyone in cali and cali in general...SUCKS.

EAST COAST WHAT!

QAZ123
Dude it ain't about that! It takes forever to get anything when your in the midwest if they ship it ups/fedex and even then it goes through so many depot's the chances of something happening to your package is a lot more!! Just no fun waiting on stuff that long!!

Oh man Geezus has it real bad cause there shipping from coast to coast!!

JB.

covert24
lol chill. not everyone in cali is a scmamer but im sure thats not wut they ment.

Dude it ain't about that! It takes forever to get anything when your in the midwest if they ship it ups/fedex and even then it goes through so many depot's the chances of something happening to your package is a lot more!! Just no fun waiting on stuff that long!!

Oh man Geezus has it real bad cause there shipping from coast to coast!!

JB.

actually u have a point. it take s poop load of time for pachages to coem over here in NC. all u need is package insurance and ur good.

lewizz124
01-24-2006, 11:25 AM
ive been overboreing since i can remember, it just seemed easier and im lazy and it works.

bigred76
01-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Pfft, I have to wait for stuff from all the way over in NC, but I don't say stuff like that. :dodgy:

phatphil
01-24-2006, 11:56 AM
I see no problems with overboring, say .689 paint I generally use a .691, maybe .693 if it's cheap paint since you will have a few oblongs. But if you're shooting something like .684 through a .695 back you will have a lot of accuracy lost, not to mention efficiency....

QAZ123
01-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Yeah I think I'm gonna get a used barrel kit just in case I use that diablo paint again! I'm trying to talk to that one guy but if I find another deal in that price range I'm gonna pounce on it!

If Mike Cassidy just made barrel's for other marker's beside's Phantom's I wouldn't be having any problem's buying a barrel right now lol!

JB.

colonel_moo
01-24-2006, 01:24 PM
QAZ, i have a barely used empire 7 piece. LMK if your interested.

QAZ123
01-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Sweet!!! I just got a bnib 4 piece 14" empire kit off ebay for $73 counting shipping!!!

JB.