PDA

View Full Version : Q-Loader

CHACHI25
03-29-2007, 08:15 PM
So why a Q-loader? I don't have one. I don't want one. I've seen one guy so far that's had one. I've done enough research to come to the conclusion that it has virtually no advantage. Disagree? Why?

Critical
03-30-2007, 06:11 AM
My personal opinion is that it serves two niche markets. One, the people who are in the market for something with an ultra low profile that will eliminate hopper hits; and, two, it's great for scenario players because it can easily be camoflaged to look like part of the weapon system.

Ace24
03-30-2007, 06:16 AM
My personal opinion is that it serves two niche markets. One, the people who are in the market for something with an ultra low profile that will eliminate hopper hits; and, two, it's great for scenario players because it can easily be camoflaged to look like part of the weapon system.
3. It's spring driven. This making it less likely to malfunction in ****ty weather, and to come up with errors.
4. It's one of the FASTEST reloading systems out there.
5. It is easier to reload then a normal hopper.
6. It keeps your balls away from moisture, debris, and a chance of falling out when trying to reload.
7. When reloading, it is faster to reload a Q-pod then it is to do it normally.

There are many reasons to get one. I don't see how you've only seen it once... Unless you hang around a speedball field. Then it's pretty unpopular.

samus129
03-30-2007, 12:05 PM
do they make them for spyders

Critical
03-30-2007, 12:54 PM
It's pretty much a universal loader, just like any other. there is a spyder adapter that makes it connect to the Spyder feedneck, and some unusual mounting types may require what they call the CMS, which is just a mount that will attach to anything on the marker.

druid
03-30-2007, 02:46 PM
I have one and it's equally excellent for my Autococker, M98 (with a custom elbow I made) and a Spyder. Awesome for woodsball and slower markers, not as great if you tear through paint quickly because you need more Qpods

Hob Hayward
03-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Key thing I see is that besides all the size advantages, it's easily THE fastest loader you can buy.

druid
03-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Key thing I see is that besides all the size advantages, it's easily THE fastest loader you can buy.
True...but on some of the fastest guns, that means you're changing QPods faster too.
The system has it's advantages and disadvantages. You need to decide what's right for you.
Now remember, I have an original version and NOT the CMS (custom mounting socket). Here's what I think of mine:

Pros:

Easily balances the marker when there's a tank installed.
Relatively light (lighter than a full Halo or VLocity).
Easy to disassemble to clean/maintain.
Lowest profile available.
Fast feeding.
Mounts (under barrel) out of the way for a good sight picture over the marker.
Reloading Pods is fast and simple.
Positive feeding every time.Cons:

Loading silo and crank is kindova pain but you can use a Revvi and make a PVC tube that connects it to the crank.
QPods are limited to <100 shots
(My original) Qpods have to be pre-wound and those prewinds depend on the gun, the detents, etc.
Setting up the hose from the Mounting socket to the feed neck isn't that hard but requires some effort. The manual is very specific and tells you exactly how to do it but it's not like throwing batteries in an egg and going...
QPods are expensive @ $20/piece
QPods don't fit well into rigid nylon pod pockets. Elastic's needed.

calebh
04-02-2007, 09:14 PM
isnt it impossible to shoot without a qpod in there? i mean like 1 or 2 balls, but after that, there'd be no pressure to load the balls...

aside from that (maybe, not real sure lol) i think druid just about covered it