PDA

View Full Version : membrane pad compatibility

calebh
03-29-2007, 05:06 PM
in my search for one of the last parts for my spimmy, the membrane pad/buttons, i found this (http://www.scenariodreams.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=165&osCsid=4656bab8e69c0e7abbb326a94b0aeacf) 2 button dye membrane pad. using this instead of the massive 2k2 timmy one would be really nice, especially since im attempting to do this conversion with an esp frame. the connector looks the same, and how different can a 2 button membrane pad be? i had looked at using the newer alias pads, but those have 3 buttons and different connections. this looks like it should work.

will it?

btw, thanks drago for the linky to scenario dreams lol

DRAGON
03-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Not sure about the differences in pads, but the one at SD that you're looking at is a momentary switch. It's not like a slide switch where it keeps the switch in place to the on or off position. If all you need is a momentary on/off, that one should do the trick. It would not work with Spyder's -

calebh
03-29-2007, 07:36 PM
ya, im using the 2k2 style on/off switch. for this, i figure a button is a button. these 2 buttons should work the same as the 2 buttons on the 2k2 style timmies. it doesnt specifically say power on either button, so there's no confusion there lol. right? a momentary switch would send the exact same signal as a plain button, just get interpretted differently by the board? it's only like $12, i might just get it and try it anyway. it'd definitely be worth saving space in my esp if it works.

hmm... looked closer at it. it looks like there will be some ghetto rigging. but im good at ghetto rigging :D

DRAGON
03-29-2007, 08:30 PM
Momentary is just that, it sends a signal not necessarily a continual power source. It has a sticky-back and an electronics ribbon that has to be snaked through the grip. $12 is a drop in the bucket -

calebh
03-30-2007, 07:32 PM
that's what i figured about the $12 lol. k, thanks drago. i'll go for it, once i get other crap worked out with usps :mad: