PDA

View Full Version : Virtue Board for the Spyder VS Series

unkledave
03-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Holy Cow.... My friend (the man with the connections) here in OKC is hooking me up with the new Virtue Boards. He checked them out at the Huntington Beach Tourney last weekend and brought 2 home for my VS2's.

Semper_fi
03-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Hey when are those board coming out tot he public and do u know the spec on them ( firing modes)

unkledave
03-29-2007, 11:51 AM
The people at Virtue say they're going to be out next week. The board isn't on their website (http://www.virtuepaintball.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.catalog&categoryID=190), yet.
It has 7 modes: Semi, Full auto, PSP Ramping and others.

FROM THEIR SITE: All the settings on Virtue are fully adjustable, giving you complete control over your gun: Adjustable Debounce, Mechanical Bounce, Dwell, Eye Delay, Anti Bolt Stick (First shot Drop off), Ramp Activation Speed, Ramp Percentage, Max Rate of Fire.

http://www.okccreative.com/images/virtue-features-lg.gif

I'll post more when I get my gun back...

cnizz
03-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Whats the PSP and ramping mode? I've never heard of those before

unkledave
03-29-2007, 12:28 PM
PSP Ramping Mode fires the same as semi-auto for the first three shots, but then on the fourth shot in a string it begins adding shots, or ramping the rate of fire beyond the number of actual trigger pulls.

vikingshadow
03-29-2007, 12:44 PM
I have a Virtue board in my Shocker and I love it. You guys are going to enjoy that board!

Who is this guy in OKC with the connections? Wanna tell a fellow Okie?

Hob Hayward
03-29-2007, 01:06 PM
I dunno too much, but I've heard nothing much good about virtue's reputation...

unkledave
03-29-2007, 01:16 PM
PM'd vikingshadow with details...

rommelr
03-29-2007, 08:20 PM
u can order them now, from AVI:

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=OyKoajQzEhKo4XI_tIpowj7nc02Nee15c2o=?Pro ductID=ZP_AqArbfzYAAAER3aHsYIAf

vikingshadow
03-30-2007, 04:18 AM
Got the pm and I think I know him, actually! I've done a bit of business there, and played in a lot of their tournaments. Of course, I'm old and am better at faces than names, but sure, I probably do know him.

As far as Virtue's reputation, think about the reputation of the place where they GOT that reputation...that forum isn't the shining star in paintball a lot of the younger generation would like to believe...I think they're a great company and their product is a great product. Nothing different than all the other aftermarket boards, but a great product nontheless.

unkledave
03-30-2007, 08:07 PM
The Virtue Boards are in both of my VS2's and Oh My God.... They're awesome. Going to give them the true test at ROSWELL (http://www.shaggybrotherspaintball.com/events.htm) this weekend at Adventure Zone... Any Okies wanna caome out and slide around in the mud and shoot aliens???

06SpyderElectra
03-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi there i was looking on ActionVillage.com and i saw a Virtue board on there and it said it works on ALL electronic spyders i didnt no virtue made boards for spyders and are they any good also the eyes look LONG!

unkledave
03-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Yeah, Virtue just came out with them this past week.
The eyes fit perfect in my VS2's.

I only tested a hopper-full with it and it ripped on Ramping mode.
Plus, I haven't had time to read the instructions a second time.:confused:
It's totally programmable, so you can set it however you want.
I'm satisfied, so far...

hamgumball
04-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Anybody know the maximum bps this board can do uncapped? The closest thing i got is "as fast as your loader can feed"

vikingshadow
04-01-2007, 05:10 PM
That's the exact answer you'll get, too. If your loader can only feed 18 bps, the board will only shoot 18 bps. If the loader can do 26 bps, it'll feed 26 bps. If it can load 31 bps, then that's what it'll do. If someone invents one that will load 100 bps, then the board would fire that fast.

See, when the board is "uncapped," the only limit on it is how fast your loader can load and your marker can cycle.

unkledave
04-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Uncapped is right... I used my VS2 w/Virtue Board in a scenario today. On Full Auto with my Empire B, it shot ropes. I used it mostly on Response mode: pull-fire, release-fire. I was walking in Response mode and shot as fast as Full Auto mode. I'm sure a Pulse would increase the rate of fire a little more than my hopper. This is awesome...

samus129
04-02-2007, 11:05 AM
do u know what the eye sensitivity for the vs2 should be set 2

VirtuePaintball
04-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Hey guys stopped by to see how the spyder owners liked the new boards. Glad to hear Unkledave had a good time with yours.

Viking - dead on with the answer.

I'll try and check back to see if there's any questions posted. But feel free to email (info@virtuepaintball.com) or call 631-265-8478 the store.

unkledave
04-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Hey samus129... I don't have an answer for you, yet. Mine was installed at a local shop. I'm still reading their literature and testing out all of the different modes. Maybe you could email info@virtuepaintball.com and get some answers.

samus129
04-02-2007, 01:51 PM
k thax

Cakeslob
04-02-2007, 03:42 PM
lol looks exact same as lucky spyder board

hamgumball
04-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Are there any complications from this board with the VS3 rocking trigger? I read the other thread and it said it needed some stuff done to it.

VirtuePaintball
04-03-2007, 07:09 AM
Sam - We do not have a eye sensitivity option, and from our testing, I did not see any need for it. What were you trying to acheive by adjusting it?

Ham - Dont have to edit anything, there is a 3 pin and 5 pin connector depending on your rocking trigger.

samus129
04-03-2007, 04:38 PM
it is lucky i need to august the eyes so it doesn't chop paintballs i posted this here because they both use lazer eyes so i figured the eye sensitivity the vs2 needs would be the same on both boards am i wrong

DRAGON
04-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Eye sensitivity is seen on bounce beam boards to adjust for paint color since they sometimes have trouble seeing particular colors such as black or dark colors. I have that option on the ECS board in my Impulse for manual or auto setting. The ECS automatic setting is where in safe mode; I just drop a ball in the feedneck, then pull the trigger and it automatically sets the sensitivity for that particular color -

Since this board has cross beam eyes there's really no sense in an eye sensitivity. Once the ball breaks the beam, the board knows it's OK to let the bolt go forward. It doesn't rely on a reflective beam to bounce back. Don't know about this board but some cross beam boards such as the WAS boards check the breech one million times a second. :eek: -

Who knows, I may even do a review on this board in the near future - :cool:

unkledave
04-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Well, I did it. I actually fried my brand new Virtue Board.:mad:
I don't know the exact reason, yet. Still waiting on the verdict from Virtue after they do their autopsy. I think my fingers are just too fast (SARCASM).:D
Either that, or it came from the factory with a problem.

unkledave
05-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Virtue replaced the board but never did tell me what was wrong with original one. After some more fine tuning it shoots excellent...

lastbeast
08-06-2007, 12:03 PM
where would the t board be in the comparisson chart??