PDA

View Full Version : MR2 not fire after chop

Egreen
03-28-2007, 05:49 PM
ok i have some old paint i was just getting rid of i shot about 200 the other day. today i went to show my brother my gun so i loaded it up shot about 20 rounds the chop i tried to shoot though it and the nothing. in all modes it would fire once and the bolt would return cocked it again same thing. went home just took it all down not much paint inside cleaned it up and shoots fine now anyone have any idea what happed i do not need this to happen in a game .thanks:tank:

DRAGON
03-28-2007, 06:21 PM
If you're saying that it will only shoot in semi, the jumper in the board must have fallen out. If not that, I have no idea what you're saying. Take off the left grip and look for a small plastic red or black square thingy jiggling around. There's 2 gold prongs sticking up on the mid-left side of the board. Put it back there -

FAQTO
03-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Mine did the same thing when I broke paint.
It was just some paint got on the bolt and gummed it up ,I field striped it and cleaned it , presto it was firing again ,[was using old paint, when it did it to ] been fine ever since that .

ViperX
03-28-2007, 06:59 PM
I think what he's eluding to here is his ACS bolt in action. Firing too quickly without a force fed hopper or trying to fire through a broken ball will jam the acs bolt and prevent a full cycle from occuring and the marker does not re-cock. Too much debris in the bolt chamber is your only problem. The ACS bolt only magnifies the "problem" by absorbing some of the energy that would normally fully cycle the upper bolt and striker to the cocked position.

What you experienced is pretty normal. Try not to chop so much :rolleyes:

Ace24
03-28-2007, 09:15 PM
The big question is what mode you were using when you chopped. If you were firing too fast (aparently he has a Fasta.. so I dont think that was an issue) it could have chopped due to crappy paint. You might have just found a really weak ball.

How do you prevent this when playing on the field? Don't use old paint. That and wear in your ACS bolt.