PDA

View Full Version : mr2 questions ??

Firekillernmp
03-27-2007, 07:46 PM
I am getting ready to buy a mr1 or mr2 but i would like some help to make up my mind... If the battery on the mr2 goes dead in the middle of play can it still shoot like a semi-auto like the mr1??

thanks for your help.....

Ace24
03-27-2007, 08:47 PM
No you can not. Once the battery is dead, the gun is non functioning. It shouldnt die during a game unless your doing some serious playing straight. A large Scenario game you might have an issue with... but regular rec play, you should be fine.

MR1 is fully mechanical. That means you can drag it through the mud, rain, and smack it around a little more and not have to worry about electronics. The only disadvantage to this is the slower rate of fire. Depending on what position you play, you might want a faster gun.

MR2 is electronic. Unlike the MR1 it has a hidden cocking pin that fits flush and comes out the back of the gun under the rail system. Making is so that you can put more on the rail. The MR1 has a top cocking pin, which makes it harder to find accessories to fit on the rail.

Wich ever you chose, both will serve you well. As do all Spyders. They are also both very durable and both are easy field stip-able.

Welcome to the forums, and if you need any more assistance, feel free to ask. We like to help. :)

Firekillernmp
03-27-2007, 08:57 PM
thanks for the help and the welcome...since you asked about more question..lol... how long does the battery last under normal game play and do i need to run the battery all the way down before i charge it?

thanks agin

darth massacre
03-27-2007, 10:56 PM
IIRC its about 10000 shots for the full charge. But mileage may vary. Like Ace said, unless you're on some serious scenario play for a couple days straight otherwise you should be alright.

You don't need to run it down all the way before a recharge. But don't charge it more than you need to - after the first full charge I usually leave it on for not more than 6 hours before I play.

Firekillernmp
03-28-2007, 08:14 PM
thats great thanks...also is there a rocker trigger for the mr2 and if so where can i get it form online ???

Ace24
03-28-2007, 09:07 PM
The Rocking Trigger fits all Spyder markers (as far as I know). You can get one new from www.actionvillage.com or used you could possibly find one around here.

MR2 Woodsballer
03-28-2007, 11:08 PM
Here's your answer I have already posted this a few times don't want to type the whole thing again: http://spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8883 (Start by reading post #5)

wylde01
03-29-2007, 07:46 AM
you beat me too it woodsballer! the answer to the question is NO. you cannot put anyother trigger frame on you mr2 except for the mr2 trigger frame.

ViperX
03-29-2007, 07:51 AM
Here's some info on the MR2 battery if it helps you to make a better decision.

First off the MR1 is mechanical trigger so along with a slower rate of fire you will also have a harder trigger pull that will take a few pounds of finger pressure, just like a real firearm to fire. Take that into consideration when it comes to accuracy, it will affect your grouping as the pressure to the trigger will also cause you to move your marker and drop your accuracy down a notch. I still have a mechanical trigger marker and it's purely my back-up but there is a big difference in the feel compared to an e-trigger frame. Though the relaibility of the mechanical trigger to the elements is a given compared to what could happen to an electronic frame.

Now the MR2 is an e-frame, so the trigger pull is lighter and easier to get off a cleaner grouping when it comes to accuracy. Yes the battery will only last for so long, that's why I always have spares on the ready. I recently attended a 24 hr scenario and my MR2 battery lasted through out the first day(1200-1800), that's 6 hours of play. That evening I broke out my Mech marker(no lights/led's to shine in NVG) and the next morning I broke out the MR2 again. I was able to play a few rounds(1 hour) before my marker LED started blinking which is an indication of your battery dying. So it's not like your marker is just going to stop suddenly, you do get a low-battery indication. Next time I will throw it on the charger while using the other marker. I just threw in another alkaline 9v and kept playing.

There are also many different ways of protecting your boards as well and I have discussed that in other topics before, but it is a process called conformal coating, just google it. You can buy professional grade products or you can use some home -made readily available products as well. All your doing in this process is water-proofing the electronics, it's the same process many automotive and aircraft/avionics industry exclusively uses to safeguard components from atmospheric conditions such as moisture.

Just keep in mind, any alterations you perform on your marker will most likely void your warranty. So if your one of those guys that depends on the warranty, then you might want to hold off. Me, I'm like "what's a warranty?"

I take care of stuff on my own, I know I'll do a better job at it. Besides if you can't do it right the first time why in the hell am I gonna let you touch it again. That's my philosophy anyway.

tygger91
03-29-2007, 12:07 PM
That conformal stuff is interesting as I go to Wayne's World alot to play the long games and the last time it rained hard.

However, I don't have the money to buy Silicone or Acrylic coating. Do you think super glue will work? Easy fix for the Florida Weather?

ViperX
03-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Tygger91,
Where are you located? I was at Waynes World as well this past December for the Grand Finale. What side where you on? North or South?

Anyway, DO NOT use CA(superglue) You can use a slow cure epoxy though. Just don't get it into switches, cable connectors etc.

Yeah this year sucked at Waynes, the rain/humidity was killer. I've never needed a mask with a fan before but after that I bought one. It was so wet my thermal lens got moisture past the foam and inbetween the lens.

MR2 Woodsballer
03-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Hey viper did you ever get those pics of you coating a MR2 board? I remember you asking if anyone wanted pics in another thread.

Ace24
03-29-2007, 06:30 PM
you beat me too it woodsballer! the answer to the question is NO. you cannot put anyother trigger frame on you mr2 except for the mr2 trigger frame.

Yes you can... The rocking trigger is suppose to be able to go on it.

wylde01
03-29-2007, 06:43 PM
if you look at the mr2 and see how the trigger frame doesn't just set onto the gun it kinda goes into the gun, where as the e-frames and mr1 trigger frame just screws right onto the gun. ive tried to put an e-frame from my fenix acs onto the mr2 and it would not fit. the screw holes are also not in the same place. hope this helps and if im wrong somebody correct me because ive been wanting to put the rocking trigger on my mr2.

Firekillernmp
03-29-2007, 08:17 PM
thanks guys for all the help...but it is kinda funny how there is conflicting info.......but its cool , that is what you ask ??? for.. anyway i will be buy the mr2 and i want to get the 16" j&j barrel and the 6 position comando stock, but what other upgrades would i need or (be nice to have) to make my gun work at top notch (if i cant get the rocker trigger....lol) and i dont know much about the paintball world or lingo cuz this will be my first gun since "the brass eagle talen" stop loughing at me thats not funny.. so use words i can understand..and dont lough at that ether..... agin thanks guys for all the help.Yall or making me feel alot better about buy a spyder cuz of all the help...thanks

ViperX
03-30-2007, 04:42 AM
I think everyone got confused to what the original question was at the beginning of this topic, but to clarify about the trigger frames, The MR1 will accept other spyder trigger frames. The MR2 & MR3 will not, they were made completely different and will not mate up with any other spyder body nor will any other spyder trigger frame fit the MR2 and MR3.

If you get the MR2 your limited to the MR2 trigger frame until someone makes one that specifically fits. Until then you can either upgrade your trigger to a different style but then you are still left with the stock throw of the micro-switch which I have covered and explained in another topic on how to increase your ROF in Semi-mode by inverting the switch. It makes a huge difference and after doing that you won't want to waste the money on getting a T-board unless you really want to throw a lot of paint and are looking for other modes of fire. Also, the microswitch is smaller than many other types from other markers and cannot be found at your local radio-shack so upgrading to a typical 25g- microswitch is a bit more difficult and takes some research and trial and error to find the correct one.

A definate upgrade is replacing the ACS bolt with an Alamo City 2 o-ring bolt, it will eliminate the blowby of air around the bolt and prevent your paintballs from popcorning in the feedneck and will increase the performance of a regular gravity fed(13BPS) hopper that would normally give you loads of headaches with chopped paint from the stock ACS bolt.

Plus+ a different barrel helps too, but remember to look for ones that specifically fit the MR2 or you will have to remove the barrel shroud to get anything else to fit.

After that, Expansion chambers or regulators depending on what air source you are using are a definate improvement on getting better accuracy and performance out of your marker.

Then the rest is mostly cosmetic based on what kind of look you are going for. As it stands most of the aftermarket stuff is geared towards the M16/M4 look. Iv'e gone a more custom route and working on finishing up my G36 MR2.

I'll work on those pics and do a detailed work up on a how-to to waterproofing your boards this weekend.

The Booth Man
03-30-2007, 05:28 AM
Great info Viper! I plan on waterproofing my board sometime in the next couple of weeks. Can't wait for the pics.

MR2 Woodsballer
03-30-2007, 08:43 AM
ViperX is exactly right if anyone still doubts us just ask a Kingman-Rep. The MR2/MR3 frame is smaller than the E-frame. I know for a fact the my brother's Pilot frame didn't fit on my MR2. Its just that simple.

Firekillernmp
03-30-2007, 07:22 PM
thanks guys, all of your info is great, i cant wait to be apart of the spyder fly.