PDA

View Full Version : J&J Ceramic Issues..

cbx133
03-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Ok so I got my new barrel and went out this last Sunday. Me and a few friends were using Draxxus Midnights and all had problems blowing up paint all morning. Some I think was related to being too high on fps, and Co2 tank was very full. But During the 6-7 Balls that broke thru the day, the barrel did not "clean itself" when another ball went thru. It just stayed gooey and dirty and shots were off by over 5 feet Lol. Basically I had a absolutely horrible day and was very damn upset. I do think a lot was the batch of paint we had, but the barrel-bore match was very good and it would fire decent in the practice range, but suck ass on the field. It was in the 80*'s and I was mostly at about 285fps when most the ball breaks were happening, but later in the day was about 270. The barrel was decent when no paint would blow up, but after one did.. game over... Any help/input? Lol. Thanks for listening to my rant/frustration .

-Sam

cbx133
03-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Here are some pics. This is the correct barrel right?

Kenny_McCormic
03-27-2007, 05:47 PM
too clean it i think it has to be dry fired

Sandman_Bravo
03-27-2007, 06:11 PM
I had problems with my S2 breaking paint in the barrel when I ran CO2. For some reason I have had great luck with HPA not breaking balls. Maybe the temperature difference has something to do with it, especially since you said there were no problems in test firing. When you were breaking balls were you really laying down some paint? It's not uncommon to develop frost on the gun when shooting high rates of fire with CO2. I'm thinking metal has it's own expansion-contraction properties just like paintballs. Good bore match until you open up. At any rate, smaller bore paint will help. Clean it up real good with soap & water and try again. Good luck.